Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Well I think thats it, in my opinion the games against Wigan and Stoke at home are the ones that really sunk us.

I look at this as an opportunity. Get Ashley out of the club, lose 25,000 of the fair weathers who have attached themselves to the club in since the halcyon Keegan days and get rid of some of the dross on the pitch.

Well I think thats it, in my opinion the games against Wigan and Stoke at home are the ones that really sunk us.

I look at this as an opportunity. Get Ashley out of the club, lose 25,000 of the fair weathers who have attached themselves to the club in since the halcyon Keegan days and get rid of some of the dross on the pitch.

Sadly I cant see us getting rid of more than that.

Back upto an 8. Basically relying on Hull losing their last 4, Boro & WBA not gaining more than 3 points, us not getting smashed in terms of goal difference at Anfield on Sunday as well as picking up at least a win and a draw in the two home games just to stand a chance.

I know we think it's over, but I tell you what, Hull will be bricking it now knowing they're one win away from being sucked into the bottom three for the first time all season.

Normally I would say people who think this need to have their head examined, but hey, if we're going down might as well be positive about it.

Guest LucaAltieri

Back upto an 8. Basically relying on Hull losing their last 4, Boro & WBA not gaining more than 3 points, us not getting smashed in terms of goal difference at Anfield on Sunday as well as picking up at least a win and a draw in the two home games just to stand a chance.

I know we think it's over, but I tell you what, Hull will be bricking it now knowing they're one win away from being sucked into the bottom three for the first time all season.

Hull are bricking it?

4 games left, 3 points adrift, Liverpool up next.

yep, shearer's got to drill home the fact that this point means we're now in touching distance of overtaking hull.

Hull are bricking it?

I think Hull are getting relegated.

Problem is, we're going down with them.

Hull are bricking it?

Oh god, please dont tell me Boro AND sunland will be a division above us. I just dont think i could handle that

Hull are bricking it?

That means you think Boro will win at least 4 points then.

beat boro and we'll stay up on GD.

As if that is going to happen:

2008-02-03 Newcastle United - Middlesbrough 1 - 1

2007-03-03 Newcastle United - Middlesbrough 0 - 0

2006-01-02 Newcastle United - Middlesbrough 2 - 2

2005-04-27 Newcastle United - Middlesbrough 0 - 0

Looks like it will go down to the wire. We have no complaints really, just like the last time we went down. We truly deserved it having had ample chances to dig ourselves out of the mire.

I still think we can get a point away at Villa, unfortunately tonight was a must win (like I'm telling anyone something they didn't already know!) and I can only see us winning the Boro match. We will be agonisingly close but ultimately unsuccessful.

Ashley needs to carry the can, even Hiddink, Wenger, Ferguson and Benitez working as a management coalition couldn't keep this bunch up.

I still think two home wins will keep us up, I just can't see us winning them.

Great being a Newcastle fan, isn't it?

FOR f*** SAKE!!!!

:lol:

Seriously though, if we do somehow win those two, it should be enough...just on goal difference. Don't think Hull will get anymore than 3 points, don't think Boro will get 7 points from their other 3 games, or WBA.

FOR f*** SAKE!!!!

Seriously though, if we do somehow win those two, it should be enough...just on goal difference. Don't think Hull will get anymore than 3 points, don't think Boro will get 7 points from their other 3 games, or WBA.

I think we'll draw both our remaining home games.

FOR f*** SAKE!!!!

You just saying this because of your namesake?

Guest Albert Square

Why are people desperate to get rid of fans? Surely 25,000 "fair weather" fans is better than 25,000 empty seats?

Why are people desperate to get rid of fans? Surely 25,000 "fair weather" fans is better than 25,000 empty seats?

Am not saying it would be good to lose them, just saying its probably the only thing this club will lose.....that has any value or importance to it.

Then again, it must be pretty shit being a 'fairweather' Toon fan

FOR f*** SAKE!!!!

I think we'll draw both our remaining home games.

I agree. In both games we'll struggle to get the ball into the last third because everyone will be stood around hoping somebody else makes a run.

A lot will depend on how Shearer manages this result. It could either be a big boost because of how we played, or crush the remaining confidence.

Shearer should "manage" this by walking into the dressing room with a big stick and beating the entire first team senseless. He should then rip off his suit, strip the number 9 shirt off of Martins' quivering body, and put it on and start up front next week.