Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

A lot will depend on how Shearer manages this result. It could either be a big boost because of how we played, or crush the remaining confidence.

Shearer should "manage" this buy walking into the dressing room with a big stick and beating the entire first team senseless. He should then rip off his suit, strip the number 9 shirt off of Martins' quivering body, and put it on and start up front next week.

True, but it makes me laugh when Kilcline and Scott Sellars would walk into this team of 'internationals'. What a joke.

I still think two home wins will keep us up, I just can't see us winning them.

Asolutely spot on, 37 pts and our GD will be hard to beat, just how they hell are we gonna win matches when we can't score.

Guest Albert Square

If the Shearer standing on the sideline had those chances that Martins and Owen had, it'd have been 2-0.

Also Viduka's chance, which he should have buried.

Sickens me that it probably would have been 1-0 if Owen had of let Martins hit it.

Great being a Newcastle fan, isn't it?

FOR f*** SAKE!!!!

:lol:

Seriously though, if we do somehow win those two, it should be enough...just on goal difference. Don't think Hull will get anymore than 3 points, don't think Boro will get 7 points from their other 3 games, or WBA.

I think we'll draw both our remaining home games.

I agree. In both games we'll struggle to get the ball into the last third because everyone will be stood around hoping somebody else makes a run.

Was bitching about this all game.  Our players are so fucking static when we are in possession.

Asolutely spot on, 37 pts and our GD will be hard to beat, just how they hell are we gonna win matches when we can't score.

We banking on an own goal?

FOR f*** SAKE!!!!

Seriously though, if we do somehow win those two, it should be enough...just on goal difference. Don't think Hull will get anymore than 3 points, don't think Boro will get 7 points from their other 3 games, or WBA.

I agree. In both games we'll struggle to get the ball into the last third because everyone will be stood around hoping somebody else makes a run.

Was bitching about this all game.  Our players are so fucking static when we are in possession.

It's been the same problem for the last couple of seasons. People can go on about the strikers missing chances, but we aren't capable of dominating matches with these midfielders. We get the odd chance through luck more than good play, but it's not enough to win games.

FOR f*** SAKE!!!!

Was bitching about this all game.  Our players are so f***ing static when we are in possession.

This is absolutely key, players in possession have no options there is no movement ahead of the ball. We are far too easy to mark out of a game.

Guest Albert Square

we now need Hull and Boro to lose all their matches and us to pick up 4 points.

If Boro and Hull lose all their matches, we only need three.

If Boro and Hull lose all their matches, we dont need any more points to stay up.

If Boro and Hull lose all their matches, we dont need any more points to stay up.

Yeah, realised that as soon as I hit post.

Guest Brummiemag

It doesn't look good but its far from over.

If we beat Boro 2 weeks today theres a decent chance we will be out of the bottom 3 on goal difference

huh, without any more points we're relegated

( points from beating boro and err)

Yeah, but if Boro lose all four of theirs, it means we beat them. ;)