Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

1Xc4BSK.png

Indeed it's 37 as the average.

I went and worked it out manually, like a shmuck. 36.81 points is the points total needed on average over the past 22 years, a low of 31 and a high of 43.

Got to love the dedication  :lol:

Looking back at the league over the years, the first ten years of the Premiership it's over 40 to stay up, the last dozen or so it's been below 40.

We need to get out more on a Saturday night  :lol:

Remember, there were extra matches in the first couple of seasons.

Aye, 49, 43 and 46* (*46 would have kept you up in that season) in the first three seasons of 22 teams.

Well it's much lower than 40 to stay up then, right lets aim for 34 points, fuck it 33 might do it  :lol:

Home form isn't great at the minute. In saying that, there are aways games, where you'd think we could get a result on the break (Palace, Bournemouth, Everton, Leicester, Watford).

Snide Ashley doing us over, we need investment.

Going to be tight, but we can get out of this, conceded 2 goals in 4. Need to keep that up and be more clinical.

Because of today, we need to win one of Burnley (h) and Palace (a). Highly doubt it'll be the latter. Fuck.

Said the other day the important thing was not to lose today. Rafa will get the wins at places or against teams we're not expecting a la Stoke/Brighton.

4 more wins will more or less seal it. We can win 4 more and draw a few like.

Because of today, we need to win one of Burnley (h) and Palace (a). Highly doubt it'll be the latter. f***.

Said the other day the important thing was not to lose today. Rafa will get the wins at places or against teams we're not expecting a la Stoke/Brighton.

4 more wins will more or less seal it. We can win 4 more and draw a few like.

I was happy with 4 points from these 3 games, Swansea, City, Burnley.

If we can beat Burnley, 26 points with 13 to go is okay. Big game Burnley.

Brighton & Huddersfield starting to look in free fall. Think one if not both will drop.

Huddersfield will imo.

I’ve thought they would for awhile. Still think it will be Swansea, West Brom, and Huddersfield.

Swansea are too far a drift, and with too little quality to get out of it at this stage I think. Brom got a huge morale boost today, it's Pardew and we know he can get a flukey run of results going, that might drag them out of it. Huddersfield are still ahead of us in the table, they still seem to get the odd result here and there, of the two other promoted clubs I think Brighton are in the bigger danger, not convinced Hughton is that great in these situations and they don't score nearly enough goals. Watford aren't out of it either, they are in awful form, Bournemouth never seem to have got going all season, we are very much in it, with our terrible home form at the moment. Still can't call this, when the dust settles on the window though, I think we'll have a clearer view, just hope we've made the necessary investments in the squad, honestly one or two quality players in the right positions would have us comfortable in the mid pack.

Our defensive organisation, team structure and shape and tactical approach (some might disagree with that one) given the standard of the squad is spot on but the lack of ruthlessness and quality in the final third is telling and really hurting us. We really need players ffs.

Fuck you Ashley, you absolute cunt.

Brighton & Huddersfield starting to look in free fall. Think one if not both will drop.

It's an interesting one like, for all the talk in the other thread about Rafa fucking it up we're right next to the two teams that came up with us and spent loads more money than us.

Our defensive organisation, team structure and shape and tactical approach (some might disagree with that one) given the standard of the squad is spot on but the lack of ruthlessness and quality in the final third is telling and really hurting us. We really need players ffs.

Fuck you Ashley, you absolute cunt.

:thup:

It's an interesting one like, for all the talk in the other thread about Rafa fucking it up we're right next to the two teams that came up with us and spent loads more money than us.

:thup:

Possession means fuck all tbh.

It’s that mentality which is killing us at home. Without possession you can’t win a game of football, well deservedly. It’s not sustainable over a period of time. The mentality of sitting back and hitting them on the break, at home, to the worst team in the league is embarrassing. I totally understand doing it for the top clubs in the division and basically every away game, but we need to go for it at home and give the fans something to cheer about as what is being dished out simply isn’t good enough.

With this tactic and setup we’re dropping far too many key points at home to stay in this division.

Also, I didn’t expect much in this window, not with the takeover drama killing it, but I expected better than fuck all by now. Utter disgrace from everyone involved at the club, absolutely messing with the future of it and fans aside, it deserves another relegation and it will duly deliver.