Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Loads can happen yet. A mini Pardew-esque run of good results would catapult us up the league.

This is utter s**** but we aren't doomed yet.

Lose the next 2 and I reckon that's it. No leadership anywhere at the club from the owner, right through the boardroom to the captain on the pitch and the other 10 tarts who aren't fit to pull the shirt on (well maybe not Mitrovic and Perez).They won't have the heart or the fight to pull us out of it and once we're well adrift, which is where we're heading, we'll stay there.

don't know how anyone can honestly think we have a chance of even remotely getting sorted - 1 win in 20, 3 points from 24, 6 goals scored, 17 goals conceded, failed Championship manager, two wins from 4th bottom, idiots in charge of the club - honestly some on here are just either so blinded or clueless it beggars belief.

For most clubs it would be too soon to say relegation is guaranteed as there are so many changes that can be made.

The issue here is will the club address the problems or rather are they capable of addressing the problems.  Their current response as usual seems to be "we know what we are doing, we have a plan and we will stick to it.  We won't panic like other clubs".  But it is their constant lack of a response to the various situations presented to them over the last few years that have contributed to their current situation. 

The current attitude seems to be to try and get through to January and then address things but by then it may well be too late.  Players who might have been keen to join in the Summer will no longer want to come.  Are they really going to be in a position to attract any player that can make a difference?

In the meantime, I would expect other struggling clubs to react more decisively to their problems - probably by changing the manager. I think the only way we change our manager is if he walks rather than if he is sacked.

Their sheer arrogance and stubbornness will be their downfall.

Very good post and totally spot on - problem is we have idiots in charge of the club who make basic errors time after time in the first place and yet are so arrogant that they then will not own up and deal with the problem.  You would think after being relegated before, almost relegated another 3 times and even being one game from being relegated last time that they would eventually learn but not with these c***s. This time their arses will be bitten though.

We've got 3 points from a possible 24; that's 12.5%. Carry on that dazzling return and that would mean another 11 of the available 90. Obviously, a total of 14 isn't going to happen; but it does show just how dire D3 L5 is. Maybe the bit to focus on is 90 points available. To end-up on 40 points, we need to take 41% of the available points; a total of 43 points would require a 44% return. Watford's 10 points is pretty much a 41% run of form; Southampton's 12 points represents a 50% run of form. I think we can do somewhere between the two. 

and i think you're kidding yourself - no chance with the current regime

Well...wouldn't be the first time. However, I've seen six games this season and the way we have played (in spells) has been really encouraging (3 points, I know...). The second half collapses against Chelsea and Man City, seem to be more about confidence that competence. I don't think I am being unrealistic to imagine we can win 9 or 10 of the remaining 30 fixtures. The Makems stayed-up last year winning only 7; as did West Brom, the year before. Our confidence with pick-up with a couple of wins. I am as anxious as others to see this happen, but at this stage I am personally not panicking. I think we'll see better football than last couple of years, though doubt we'll amass more points than 2013-14(49, 15 wins, 4 drawers, 10th place).

We've got 3 points from a possible 24; that's 12.5%. Carry on that dazzling return and that would mean another 11 of the available 90. Obviously, a total of 14 isn't going to happen; but it does show just how dire D3 L5 is. Maybe the bit to focus on is 90 points available. To end-up on 40 points, we need to take 41% of the available points; a total of 43 points would require a 44% return. Watford's 10 points is pretty much a 41% run of form; Southampton's 12 points represents a 50% run of form. I think we can do somewhere between the two. 

and i think you're kidding yourself - no chance with the current regime

Well...wouldn't be the first time. However, I've seen six games this season and the way we have played (in spells) has been really encouraging (3 points, I know...). The second half collapses against Chelsea and Man City, seem to be more about confidence that competence. I don't think I am being unrealistic to imagine we can win 9 or 10 of the remaining 30 fixtures. The Makems stayed-up last year winning only 7; as did West Brom, the year before. Our confidence with pick-up with a couple of wins. I am as anxious as others to see this happen, but at this stage I am personally not panicking. I think we'll see better football than last couple of years, though doubt we'll amass more points than 2013-14(49, 15 wins, 4 drawers, 10th place).

I've watched every game so don't know what your point is there as you don't need to be at a match to be able to judge. Second half collapses were about not being good enough as has been shown in the games against Swansea, Sheff ed and Watford which you fail to mention. 1 win in 20 and 0 wins in 8 can no way give anyone any confidence and makes your theory that we can win 9 or 10 out of 30 pie in the sky to be honest - this team is going down without drastic change and you can bookmark me on that.

ElCid.

We both no doubt hope you're wrong. 'Not being good enough' is a bit over general for my taste in explanations that might actually help clarify a solution and last season's results only influence here is on player confidence/tolerance of fans. It does make a difference seeing games, as otherwise how can you know what we're working with? Of course people see it differently, people actively perceive everything through their own knowledge and biases. What I've seen gives me some encouragement; I hope I'm right. 

ElCid.

We both no doubt hope you're wrong. 'Not being good enough' is a bit over general for my taste in explanations that might actually help clarify a solution and last season's results only influence here is on player confidence/tolerance of fans. It does make a difference seeing games, as otherwise how can you know what we're working with? Of course people see it differently, people actively perceive everything through their own knowledge and biases. What I've seen gives me some encouragement; I hope I'm right. 

I saw the games though (all 90 minutes) or are you try to say you see something else by being at the game? - if you are that is total s***. In my opinion that team is not good enough with far too many average/not good enough players made worse by being played totally out of position in some cases at best and at worse being played game after game when they shouldn't be anywhere near the pitch. The players a the club are in the main down to Carr and the tactics/positioning/selection of players is down to McClaren - there lies the problem and add Charnley and Moncur to the equation and you have a recipe for disaster which is being fully illustrated. I just don't see where you get that encouragement at all (and yes I have watched the same games as you in there entirety) but as I said let's see who is right - loved to be proved wrong but can't see it.

Half time yesterday I would have been fairly confident of us staying up, win or lose, but that collapse is f***ing worrying. No way we'll bring in a manager capable of sorting it out so it'll not be the last.

I thought we played extremely well in the first half. Shame the 2nd half "performance" has over shadowed such a positive.

Was full of pride up until 45 mins. Probably knew we'd still come away with nothing, as City were coming alive towards the end, but was no way expecting such a horrific collapse :(

Think we'll be ok. We've played the toughest teams in the league, just need to pick up wins against the other mid table teams.

Half time yesterday I would have been fairly confident of us staying up, win or lose, but that collapse is f***ing worrying. No way we'll bring in a manager capable of sorting it out so it'll not be the last.

I thought we played extremely well in the first half. Shame the 2nd half "performance" has over shadowed such a positive.

Was full of pride up until 45 mins. Probably knew we'd still come away with nothing, as City were coming alive towards the end, but was no way expecting such a horrific collapse :(

Think we'll be ok. We've played the toughest teams in the league, just need to pick up wins against the other mid table teams.

What like we did against Watford, West Ham, Swansea and Southampton - not having a go at you but I can't fathom out how there are people with any sense of encouragement on here.

What like we did against Watford, West Ham, Swansea and Southampton - not having a go at you but I can't fathom out how there are people with any sense of encouragement on here.

I think we have to give McClaren time tbf. Not saying those games should give us much encouragement (Although thought Southampton game was canny), but the last couple of games, we've played some decent stuff, enough to show me we're capable of beating teams around us. I don't think McClaren is blameless in the poor start by any means, playing Gouffran yesterday was pathetic, but there is enough in that team to win some games soon. Think a massive clear out is overdue, which sadly didn't happen this summer, which is naturally contributing to our slow start.

I think we have to give McClaren time tbf. Not saying those games should give us much encouragement (Although thought Southampton game was canny), but the last couple of games, we've played some decent stuff, enough to show me we're capable of beating teams around us. I don't think McClaren is blameless in the poor start by any means, playing Gouffran yesterday was pathetic, but there is enough in that team to win some games soon. Think a massive clear out is overdue, which sadly didn't happen this summer, which is naturally contributing to our slow start.

You give him time we are relegated as I said let's see who is right - there is enough in  that team must be why we have only one 1 in  20 honestly I really can't believe some on here.

Ashley spooks on the forum.

Well I'm all for a bit of diversity me, a paranoid schizophrenic here....  a depressive there. All good.  What isn't so good, is not being able to accept others have a different opinion, and not being able to see that yours, however strongly felt, is just that felt.

Ashley spooks on the forum.

Well I'm all for a bit of diversity me, a paranoid schizophrenic here....  a depressive there. All good.  What isn't so good, is not being able to accept others have a different opinion, and not being able to see that yours, however strongly felt, is just that felt.

I can accept opinion but I look at actual facts to give my opinion also, like 1 win in 20, 0 in 8 games this season, sacked Championship manager in charge, 6 goals in 8 games, 17 conceded in 8 games. I also look at the fact that people are saying that we put in a good performance over 45 minutes in two games (I would argue 25 - 30 minutes but that's by and by and then I look at the fact that Palace, Southampton, West Ham, Tottenham and Everton actually managed to beat the teams we were playing - Chelsea are in horrendous form and Man City had been beaten their last two games also against teams we as you indicate should be competing against - so to me those two little spells you talk about were in fact not as impressive as people think when you consider that neither were in good form. I then also look at the total shambles against Watford, Sheff Wed and Swansea.

I look and WATCH this team and say can we score goals consistently and in numbers and I would say certainly no to the second part and arguably no to the first also but what I can say for certainty is that we will concede goals galore with this team as has been proven season after season. The majority of occasions we have been required to score more than one to even just get a result not even a win - can you see that really changing? My opinion is based on fact over a period of time and I suggest your opinion is based on blind hope as there is no way you or anyone else can tell me the see anything else when you look at what Ive pointed out above. This club is in total disarray from the top to the bottom and no matter what your opinion is in that it won't change.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

We're down there because of bad luck (the hard fixture list), shooting ourselves in the foot and lack of anticipation in the transfer market(CM position was lacking quality since last season). I don't think we'll get relegated if we can keep the likes of Mitrohulk,Perez, Janmatt and Mbemba fit while showing the same fight against lower league sides. However the glaring weakness in the middle of the park will make us struggle all season and we'll be in the relegation battle unless we sign a CM in January.

We're down there because of bad luck (the hard fixture list), shooting ourselves in the foot and lack of anticipation in the transfer market(CM position was lacking quality since last season). I don't think we'll get relegated if we can keep the likes of Mitrohulk,Perez, Janmatt and Mbemba fit while showing the same fight against lower league sides. However the glaring weakness in the middle of the park will make us struggle all season and we'll be in the relegation battle unless we sign a CM in January.

Ain't nobody lower than us.

:lol: :lol:

I thought he meant sides in lower leagues. Like Sheff Wed for example.

It seesm to me that El Cid uses ‘facts’ the way a drunk uses a lamp-post: for support rather than illumination. We played very well, in spells, against two very good sides in Chelsea and Man City. We also drew at Old Trafford (hen’s teeth time) and although I didn’t see the game, the highlights/result against a good Swansea side looked ok to me. The actual facts seem selected to support a doom and gloom argument he seems intent on making, no doubt because that is all he can see. Fair enough, we're not all balanced thinkers; but some of the stuff focussed on is in the past and seems irrelevant, except for in how it decreases fans tolerance and players confidence:

like 1 win in 20...what I can say for certainty is that we will concede goals galore with this team as has been proven season after season” ...I look and WATCH this team and say can we score goals consistently and in numbers and I would say certainly no to the second part and arguably no to the first also... The majority of occasions we have been required to score more than one to even just get a result not even a win - can you see that really changing?”

Cisse has been in miserable form/had a supreme lip-on, Mitrovic has been missing for half of the games and is still settling in. I really like the look of him, Wijnaldum and Mbemba, and am still hopeful (God forgive me for using the H word...) re Thauvin. So yes, I can see it changing.

“...there is no way you or anyone else can tell me the see anything else when you look at what Ive pointed out above. This club is in total disarray from the top to the bottom and no matter what your opinion is in that it won't change... My opinion is based on fact.”

This opinion to me, seems based on emotive language and an unhealthy dose of pissed-off-ed-ness (we’ve all had a touch of that lurgy El Cid) FWIW, to pick up another point (above) I think Palace, Southampton, West Ham, Tottenham and Everton have better sides than us at the moment, but I do think we can win 9 or 10 games, and actually do so with a bit of style—which I also expect to see leaking into the other 20 games, at times. That said, we don’t get 7 points from the next three games, I’ll be back on and also in full-on "We're Doomed" mode/as pessimistic as El Cid. If I am, it will still be opinion and catastrophic crystal ball gazing, not reality/facts.

It seesm to me that El Cid uses ‘facts’ the way a drunk uses a lamp-post: for support rather than illumination. We played very well, in spells, against two very good sides in Chelsea and Man City. We also drew at Old Trafford (hen’s teeth time) and although I didn’t see the game, the highlights/result against a good Swansea side looked ok to me. The actual facts seem selected to support a doom and gloom argument he seems intent on making, no doubt because that is all he can see. Fair enough, we're not all balanced thinkers; but some of the stuff focussed on is in the past and seems irrelevant, except for in how it decreases fans tolerance and players confidence:

like 1 win in 20...what I can say for certainty is that we will concede goals galore with this team as has been proven season after season” ...I look and WATCH this team and say can we score goals consistently and in numbers and I would say certainly no to the second part and arguably no to the first also... The majority of occasions we have been required to score more than one to even just get a result not even a win - can you see that really changing?”

Cisse has been in miserable form/had a supreme lip-on, Mitrovic has been missing for half of the games and is still settling in. I really like the look of him, Wijnaldum and Mbemba, and am still hopeful (God forgive me for using the H word...) re Thauvin. So yes, I can see it changing.

“...there is no way you or anyone else can tell me the see anything else when you look at what Ive pointed out above. This club is in total disarray from the top to the bottom and no matter what your opinion is in that it won't change... My opinion is based on fact.”

This opinion to me, seems based on emotive language and an unhealthy dose of p*ssed-off-ed-ness (we’ve all had a touch of that lurgy El Cid) FWIW, to pick up another point (above) I think Palace, Southampton, West Ham, Tottenham and Everton have better sides than us at the moment, but I do think we can win 9 or 10 games, and actually do so with a bit of style—which I also expect to see leaking into the other 20 games, at times. That said, we don’t get 7 points from the next three games, I’ll be back on and also in full-on "We're Doomed" mode/as pessimistic as El Cid. If I am, it will still be opinion and catastrophic crystal ball gazing, not reality/facts.

You keep dreaming :-)