Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Normally 10 points from that run would be decent, but we're at the stage where we need a random run of 4-5 wins on the spin to get us up to around 13th-14th and get back in the pack. If that's to happen, we need it to happen now.

No, I think 10 points from that lot will be fine. Arrest the slide, get a bit of confidence back, almost certainly out of the relegation zone. You'll have had to play at least fairly well to get 10 pts, which will bode well for the rest of the season.

We've got 3 points from a possible 24; that's 12.5%. Carry on that dazzling return and that would mean another 11 of the available 90. Obviously, a total of 14 isn't going to happen; but it does show just how dire D3 L5 is. Maybe the bit to focus on is 90 points available. To end-up on 40 points, we need to take 41% of the available points; a total of 43 points would require a 44% return. Watford's 10 points is pretty much a 41% run of form; Southampton's 12 points represents a 50% run of form. I think we can do somewhere between the two. 

I'm not adding anything others already haven't said but the league table is already looking daunting. We're already cut a drift and it's going to be a massive ask getting out of this situation even so early in the season. After the next 6 games we'll probably know for certain if we have a hope or not.

We've got 3 points from a possible 24; that's 12.5%. Carry on that dazzling return and that would mean another 11 of the available 90. Obviously, a total of 14 isn't going to happen; but it does show just how dire D3 L5 is. Maybe the bit to focus on is 90 points available. To end-up on 40 points, we need to take 41% of the available points; a total of 43 points would require a 44% return. Watford's 10 points is pretty much a 41% run of form; Southampton's 12 points represents a 50% run of form. I think we can do somewhere between the two. 

and i think you're kidding yourself - no chance with the current regime

Oddly, I'm more confident than I was a few weeks ago :lol: Admittedly, that's still not particularly confident.

We've got some bodies back for the Norwich game and if we can get our last 2 first half showings across a longer period then I think we'll win and get a run going with some more favourable fixtures. I know we usually play awfully against 'lesser' sides but we've got a big difference in Mitrovic, his presence will help to open teams up and he's an option for a scrappy goal against packed defences (presuming they do what everyone does and counter the s*** out of us). Watch him get injured during internationals :lol:

This is the worst I have ever seen from us. No passion, and no hope. Even when relegated and our run with ardilles, there was always a bright spark and small slithers of hope. Today there is none. Even Paul Simpson hoofing the ball to no-one up the wing was preferable to this lot. At least we can start looking forward to Leeds next season. I really just cannot understand the ineptitude of our management (not just the managers - but the directors too, and scouts).

We have no style and no system at present. The only way I can see out of this is to get the scu*'s next manager before they do (Pearson) for a couple of years to get the passion and crowd onside.

History will look very badly on our last few years - but end it will. I just hope that the end is on our terms, but know that the divorce will well and truely scre* us even more. :'(

For most clubs it would be too soon to say relegation is guaranteed as there are so many changes that can be made.

The issue here is will the club address the problems or rather are they capable of addressing the problems.  Their current response as usual seems to be "we know what we are doing, we have a plan and we will stick to it.  We won't panic like other clubs".  But it is their constant lack of a response to the various situations presented to them over the last few years that have contributed to their current situation. 

The current attitude seems to be to try and get through to January and then address things but by then it may well be too late.  Players who might have been keen to join in the Summer will no longer want to come.  Are they really going to be in a position to attract any player that can make a difference?

In the meantime, I would expect other struggling clubs to react more decisively to their problems - probably by changing the manager. I think the only way we change our manager is if he walks rather than if he is sacked.

Their sheer arrogance and stubbornness will be their downfall.

Loads can happen yet. A mini Pardew-esque run of good results would catapult us up the league.

This is utter s**** but we aren't doomed yet.

Lose the next 2 and I reckon that's it. No leadership anywhere at the club from the owner, right through the boardroom to the captain on the pitch and the other 10 tarts who aren't fit to pull the shirt on (well maybe not Mitrovic and Perez).They won't have the heart or the fight to pull us out of it and once we're well adrift, which is where we're heading, we'll stay there.