Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Sad times when i really don't give a shit about the danger of going down i expect it , Its karma to ashley the only time he has spent on players/manager because he knows the cash he will miss out on

So short sighted of them to realise the most important part of the team is a strong leader (manager) when there's 10 games left and impossible hill to climb would be comical if it wasn't our club.

We're essentially 7 point from safety with Norwichs goal difference, with 24 to play for, were going down.

I am facing reality now, if we'd got a point I'd have still fancied it, but to lose a six pointer at this stage and hand a relegation rival such a confidence booster is game over basically. We are down and ironically probably because of those back to back wins against Liverpool and Spurs before Christmas. That allowed Ashley and Charnley to sit on their hands and hope for the best instead of making a hard headed decision that was required.

We're essentially 7 point from safety with Norwichs goal difference, with 24 to play for, were going down.

I am facing reality now, if we'd got a point I'd have still fancied it, but to lose a six pointer at this stage and hand a relegation rival such a confidence booster is game over basically. We are down and ironically probably because of those back to back wins against Liverpool and Spurs before Christmas. That allowed Ashley and Charnley to sit on their hands and hope for the best instead of making a hard headed decision that was required.

The writing was on the wall a long time ago with McClaren, the Rafa appointment was far too late. We probably should have got rid of him in November to be fair, it couldn't have been Rafa then but even with someone different we could have been in a much better position now. It was always going to take a miracle to turn this around, a team drained of confidence and fucks to give, too little, too late. It's just heart wrenching that we made the move for a quality manager at a time when he can't do much about the slide and we are left thinking about what could have and should have been.

Nevermind the new manager bounce, we don't even get the dead cat bounce. How can these players be so abject? They can barely string a pass together. 1st half play against Sunderland and Norwich in must win games was absolutely pathetic. There seems to be no fight, organisation, team spirit, accountability, creativity or leadership on the pitch. I can't see where our next win is coming from nevermind getting enough points to stay up.

BP: "Does the club have any plans in the event of relegation as far as season tickets are concerned? In the event of relegation, does the club intend to reimburse any fans on the direct debit scheme if they decide to cancel their season ticket?"

The club is confident of remaining in the Premier League and, as a result, has not discussed plans in such detail across the business at this stage.

TP asked if relegation would affect [the new training ground] plans.

The club has not discussed that scenario to date.

We were 18th then. Wonder if they've discussed it yet? :mackems:

Could see us actually avoid relegation had we drew or that Cisse header went in. The momentum and psychological effect would have been huge. We needed to pick up 3 points in games that we should like against Norwich and get a surprise unlikely win against Southampton, City or Liverpool.

We won't get out of it now and if we do, I'd be happy to chip in for the Rafa statue outside SJP.

What are everyone's predictions?

AWAY: 8 4 points

Everton L

Chelsea L

Stoke D L

Leicester L

Norwich W L

Southampton D

Liverpool L

Villa W

HOME: 13 8 points

West  Brom W

(Man City D)

Bournemouth W L

Makems W D

Swansea W

Palace L

Spurs L

21 12 points

An estimated 12 from 45 points, look realistic at the time IMO, even pre-Rafa. Frustrating looking at those fixtures which seemed winnable. Three away games, two good sides and Villa. Four home games, two good sides. 8 points max is my guesstimate. Without doing a Leicester (2014/15 variety) there is no way back.

On a cast-iron 9 now...just needs arithmetical certainty to move to a 10.

I had no doubts that these players are the biggest waste of money - collectively - that I have ever seen wearing a B&W shirt. That is why I felt that this game was as pivotal to the future of the club as was the David Kelly/Portsmouth match at SJP in 1992, and as I expected, these players were NOT up to the job.

They lack heart and skill....passing in the first half was deplorable for supposed PL professionals and they are clearly not bothered about the club - hardly surprising when the owner and 'directors' have such a cynical and financially-oriented view as to what the club is about....these same directors are responsible for signing such a useless bunch.

Rafa should have been appointed after Chelsea at the very latest, but even then, he would have had a virtually impossible task with this set of misfits.

The club will NOT recover from this relegation any time soon and now is likely to join the ranks of the Sheff Weds, Wolves and Leeds of this world by settling in to a second-rate future. In every respect apart from its fan base - which is also shrinking fast - the club is second rate and thinks that way....consolidation in the Championship will suit Ashley & Co down to the ground if he can get rid of players on relatively high wages and a large enough number of mugs keep turning up at SJP.

No chance of Rafa staying in my view, and we will be looking at the likes of Curbishley to keep the club in a mid-table Championship spot for the foreseeable future.

Totally disgusted at the whole sham and let's face it, after the cranially-challenged idiots who call themselves NUFC fans kept the ball and played with it, resulting in a second ball being thrown on as our players relaxed before the free-kick at HT which resulted in Norwich's first, does the club deserve any better..??

Next seasons Premier league should have been the best ever with Pep, Jose, Klopp and the cash that will be flying around to bring in the best players. Ashley has done himself in here with both us and sports Direct.

Its a crying shame that the Premier league will have Stoke, Bournemouth, WBA, Watford, Swansea, Palace, Norwich, Burnley and Brighton

Actual competitive football clubs you mean?

Possibly.............. however I wont be rushing home from work to watch WBA v Burnley on a monday night.

I'm obviously just jealous but its a shame that the championship will contain a lot bigger clubs than the Premiership.

If this means that in future 'big' clubs don't take their present stays for granted as we have then I'm all for it objectively non-toon speaking of course.

All the so-called 'smaller' clubs mentioned on this thread have one of two things...either they are in a more prosperous part of the country(and this is beginning to count more and more....look at how many so-called 'big' clubs from the North & Midlands are fixtures in the Championship or worse), OR they are run properly by people who care and know what they are doing - NUFC is neither of those things and Ashley's people management is like a handbook by Cyril Smith on hang-gliding....

History counts for nothing now and NUFC will be in the Championship - or worse - for quite a few years.

Current bottom three are going down. 1 European Cup, 15 FA Cups, 5 League Cups and 17 top flight league titles between them.

f***ing disgraceful.

Tyneside and Wearside used to be industrial powerhouses, as did the Midlands with the Motor Industry....as the country has declined in that respect, so have these areas ; the history of these clubs counts for nothing and if NUFC were getting Boro's crowds, nobody would bat an eyelid about our relegation...OR the other two either.

You can't link the current decline of nufc to the regions decline of industrial production.

The current decline is down to Ashley's lack of football knowledge and his poor judgement of professional people or lack of judgement.

You can't link the current decline of nufc to the regions decline of industrial production.

The current decline is down to Ashley's lack of football knowledge and his poor judgement of professional people or lack of judgement.

The mismanagement of us, Villa and you lot will take us all down this season. Not many fans of other clubs will care because us and Villa have stunk the league out for ages and Ashley has tried to run the club like a Sports Direct shop.

It was the hope that was the worst part of yesterday. We clawed ourselves back into a position where a draw would have been ok and then working a blink of an eye we're down.

I hate this feeling like you're staring into the abyss. Will we come back up? What players will stay? Who will be the manager? and what bs will the board pull? All shit questions that no one can possibly know the answer too yet they'll drag on all summer.

the players have proved they have it in them, look at many many second half performances , the latest being yesterday.

proving the arrogance of them going into a match thinking they are better than they are, they need the kick up the arse at half time and then play, proving its these fuking numpties on the pitch, I thought once Rafa came in they'd up their game but they haven't.

nailed on down and in truth have been since xmas, the disgusting apathy they have has potentially killed this place for years, its just a shame when at last we have a manager with half a brain.

I lay this all at MA door, we knew it, he should have seen it and fired  4 of them at xmas, SM GC LC BM all should have been told to fuk off, ruined us, but no he left them to it and its cost him over £100mmillion in players and wages and over £100 million in lost income this season alone.......HIS FAULT, HE'S THE GREAT BUSINESSMAN.............

FUKING NOT AS IT APPEARS  :rant:

Yes, in our case it is Ashley to blame but the general point I made still stands - it costs a fortune to attend PL clubs regularly these days, at least if you follow a SUCCESSFUL one...if you live in an area of low wages and poor job opportunities you have little spare to spend on football STs - just look at some of the ST prices in the PL compared to ours and you will see that the only way we have been able to keep high attendances under Ashley is because he sells tickets BELOW the standard rate. If you look at the price of our STs back in the 90s, they were much higher percentage-wise than they are now in comparison to cost of living/wages ; we could charge more then because we had a better product that people were prepared to spend quite a bit of their disposable income to see - now we haven't and we have NO waiting list for STs...

Just pure financial common sense.

Yes, in our case it is Ashley to blame but the general point I made still stands - it costs a fortune to attend PL clubs regularly these days, at least if you follow a SUCCESSFUL one...if you live in an area of low wages and poor job opportunities you have little spare to spend on football STs - just look at some of the ST prices in the PL compared to ours and you will see that the only way we have been able to keep high attendances under Ashley is because he sells tickets BELOW the standard rate. If you look at the price of our STs back in the 90s, they were much higher percentage-wise than they are now in comparison to cost of living/wages ; we could charge more then because we had a better product that people were prepared to spend quite a bit of their disposable income to see - now we haven't and we have NO waiting list for STs...

I think this is bollocks tbh, we are a far richer club than Leicester yet they are set to win the league. The failure is down to Ashley trying to run the club on the cheap and hiring unqualified staff in key positions. Even he's realised the mistake and that's why we've gone for Rafa as a last gasp desperation measure. Too little too late. Lee fucking Charnley man. FFS.

We we flying high under SJH and Keegan in the 90s then again under SBR in the early 00s stadiums were packed out.  It's got nowt to do with living in a poorer area.  Liverpool is a poor region of the country but always want to be successful.  Nufc as well as SAFC have both been grosly mismanaged.  Ashley cracks out cheap ticks as the product on show is fucking dismal.

Guest neesy111

We we flying high under SJH and Keegan in the 90s then again under SBR in the early 00s stadiums were packed out.  It's got nowt to do with living in a poorer area.  Liverpool is a poor region of the country but always want to be successful.  Nufc as well as SAFC have both been grosly mismanaged.  Ashley cracks out cheap ticks as the product on show is fucking dismal.

We also had some of the most expensive tickets in the 90's.  People will pay expensive tickets if they know it's reinvested back into the club.