Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Guest malandro

Perch and Williamson have played nearly every game and I suspect there'll be at least one of them in every game we play from now on. No point talking about "when we have all our first choice players back" because how often does that happen in the Premier League in the modern game?

Quite correct and we're not the only fuckers with injuries. The root cause of this problem is having a tiny squad, not a few people injured.

If you replace a quality purple with a diarrhea brown then things are gonna be s***. Go figure.

I know, but Stifler is correct. Personnel wise, today's disgrace will have no bearing on our fight against relegation. Pardew's ability is a different question.

We are treading a very fine and avoidably thin line this season, but you don't have to do much to pull away from the relegation zone as the teams around you aren't doing much. Krul, Colo, Cabaye, HBA, Santon,Debucy and Cisse would walk into any of the teams around us.

AP is the weak link. The wild card that might sink us.

Home games left

Reading

Chelsea

Southampton

Stoke City

Fulham

Sunderland

Liverpool

Arsenal

So 3 games we'll probably lose and a derby game. Down to 4 home matches.

Four f***ing matches.

Fucking hell.  :kasper:

I've been pretty much ignoring the possibility of relegation until now, expecting us to turn things round, but.....

But who do people want to replace him and secondly who realistically is the board going to get? They're not going to sack him unless maybe he gets injured players back and new signings and then goes on to lose game after game.

I think sacking him now would be a mistake. The players were playing for him at old trafford and the emirates....fatigue and mistakes cost us in the end but he hasn't lost the dressing room as far as I can see. The effort was there.

I'm resvering judgement until after the next 3 league games which are vital. Today was a shocker but I was expecting to lose and while we lacked shape it only served to prove that our back up players are worse than we thought.

Injured players back and some signings and I think we'll be ok. Fair enough if they find a better option to replace him in the summer though.

*Too many technical footballers who imo don't believe in Pardew's methods (from match preparation & approach to training, to tactics on the day)

*Not enough1st teamers whose emotions (and likely future) are intrinsically linked with the club's fortunes - honest, blue collar types who will fight to the end irrespective of how much water tje sinking boat has taken on. Taylor is just about the only one who fits the bill, with the ability to to match tje grit. Taylors' fitness is important to staying up, in fact i trust him more than a unfocused & disillusioned Collo (if reports are true re: Collo's state of mind) if the relegation battle goes down to the wire.

Hovering just above the drop zone now , those factors make for a dangerous mix.

never really considered the colo thing, he was awful during the last struggle (1st season tho) too

atm Colo is only a notch above the performances he put in during the last struggle as you say. Based on recent performances,  i've had a few flashbacks tbh.

One of the cultured footballers who is painfully at odds with Pards' cautious & restrictive methods (anti-football essentially). And a key figure in the changeroom. That's a worry, because Shearer stank when something was going on behind the scenes, involving Gullit.

Guest ItalianMagpie

Isn't that what they said about us last time?

I don't think so, last time relegation looked inevitable. This time it's only possible IMO.

Were we worse than Hull?