Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

To stay up, I felt we needed top class players to win the games in spite of Pardew. Tonight is the first evidence of this happening so I'm feeling okay at the moment. 2-6 points from the next two games would be brilliant.

Tonight helped for sure, next two games become even more crucial though now. On paper we should get nothing from them but we are only four points clear so can't afford to just right them off, but probably just as important is the need to build on this win and change the momentum of the season, two or more points from the next two and I think we will be fine.

Unexpected win. But with our new midfield force and alot better squad depth im reducing my previous 9, to a 5. 50/50. We need to be able to play like the first half for more than 45 minutes. I understand we can't be in charge for 90 minutes, but we need to have some posession and create som chances in our, now standard, poor half.

Sissoko, Debuchy and Gouffran looks a massive boost so far. Way more positive than just one week ago. (also MBiwa, but he hasn't started yet)

Was a pessimistic 10 after Reading. Reduced to a 4 after the signings and Villa result. Was certain it was going 3 from the bottom 5 but I can see the bottom group getting in to touch with Norwich and possibly West Ham. Reducing our chances.

What will keep us up this season is that there's quite a few shit teams. Not that we're any good.

8 - cant see us getting anything from next 2 games and we'll be right back in it

I can see us getting a win in one of them, it will be difficult but actually a bit confident we will get something next couple of games

With a better manager, I would reduce my forecast to 5 mainly because of the new signings. As it is, with Pardew in charge and Reading getting another good point last night, I'm sticking with the original 7 until I see concrete evidence that the players are going to be used properly.

We've still got to play Wigan away and Southampton at home.  A lot could rest on those two games.  5 on this new scale for me, could go either way depending on whether our manager can grow some balls and/or a brain.