Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Would you let him try and get us out of the Championship?

I don't really want to think about it TBH, if he was sacked in those circumstances I wouldn't complain. I wouldn't really complain that much if he was sacked now, except for the effect on morale and club stability.

Hopefully it won't come to that.

I don't really want to think about it TBH, if he was sacked in those circumstances I wouldn't complain. I wouldn't really complain that much if he was sacked now, except for the effect on morale and club stability.

Stability is bollocks without the right manager.

That's a fairly nonsense statement, unless you believe the right manager will always be an unmitigated success from day one.

Club stability and morale?

It would give the players a massive boost and probably keep us up.

Look at Jonas' comments today man. Even he thinks we're negative as fuck and go out to get beat, that's from the bloke who's the main symptom. Genuine attacking players must be sick of their lives.

That's a fairly nonsense statement, unless you believe the right manager will always be an unmitigated success from day one.

Stability is bollocks without the right manager, that doesn't mean that the right manager will always be an unmitigated success from day one as you put it but you should be able to see something in the right manager.

Guest neesy111

Stupid statement.  You don't have stability unless the manager is delivering the right results Pardew isn't and hasn't this season.  You only get stability with results and not the manager.

Stability is bollocks without the right manager, that doesn't mean that the right manager will always be an unmitigated success from day one as you put it but you should be able to see something in the right manager.

You might be right, I honestly don't know. In general I think fans are absolutely terrible at spotting the right manager, especially of their own club. And also the momentum of success or the downward spiral of failure can have a massive influence on short-term success. Maybe as much influence as the actual ability of the manager.

Anyway, I couldn't argue that Pardew is covering himself with glory at the moment, he clearly isn't.

Aye I think Villa will beat Liverpool too.

We're not one of the worst three sides but simply incredibly poor at picking up points relative to our players and performances. Other sides will pick up points here and there that we simply don't look capable of - example: almost every away game.

Wullie/Mick, as people who are so adamant that Pardew should go - are you confident he would be replaced by someone who is a better fit for the club, baring in mind this board has already forced-out one brilliant/independent/forward-thinking manager? I know it's a defeatist attitude but it really does factor into my thinking when I say we should keep Pardew.

Stupid statement.  You don't have stability unless the manager is delivering the right results Pardew isn't and hasn't this season.  You only get stability with results and not the manager.

What? Stability is the continuity of the structure of the club, in this case the manager. Results in the short term are supposed to be irrelevant, that's the whole point.

I don't think it would be difficult to replace Pardew with better because I don't think he's even Championship level long term.

As soon as Adkins got the bullet, we should have shoved Pardew out the door.

You might be right, I honestly don't know. In general I think fans are absolutely terrible at spotting the right manager, especially of their own club. And also the momentum of success or the downward spiral of failure can have a massive influence on short-term success. Maybe as much influence as the actual ability of the manager.

Anyway, I couldn't argue that Pardew is covering himself with glory at the moment, he clearly isn't.

My biggest mistake with one of our managers was in thinking Gullit would do well.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

City away

They might give them a game and nick a result tough.

Isn't City away to make up for the game they'll miss due to their semi final. They'll still have a game in hand after that I think and it's Swansea at home on the 7th of May, a winnable fixture.

City away

Isn't City away to make up for the game they'll miss due to their semi final. They'll still have a game in hand after that I think and it's Swansea at home on the 7th of May, a winnable fixture.

Either way, I still think that they could nick a result.

City away

The 8 teams on 30 games play midweek on the 16th and 17th April, they're the games in hand.

Wullie/Mick, as people who are so adamant that Pardew should go - are you confident he would be replaced by someone who is a better fit for the club, baring in mind this board has already forced-out one brilliant/independent/forward-thinking manager? I know it's a defeatist attitude but it really does factor into my thinking when I say we should keep Pardew.

I'm confident that we could replace him with someone who is better, I'm not sure Llambias is up to it though.  I expect that if we keep Pardew we'll play negative football more often than not and our better players will not want to hang around.