Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

There are very few, if any, good realistic managers available that aren't already contracted to clubs either.

Then we should pay for them and get the best that we can.  If we finish where we are in the league we'll have lost at least £7.5 million in prize money from where we finished last season.

Wullie... So you would replace Pardew with Adkins on the pretence that the replacement would simply keep us up - seeing as our current manager is purely just that bad? Sounds like a lot of risk for minimal reward. I'd only want him out if I knew, beyond question, that the successor would be poached from another team and guarantee a significant progression. Admittedly, I think Pardew will keep us up anyway.

This thing persists that we couldn't possibly attract anyone better than a sacked League Two manager - but since we started buying French internationals left, right and centre, we've never tried so I don't see the logic anymore.

I'd have replaced him with Adkins because I think the latter is an incredibly positive manager who has significantly improved all of his clubs and will continue to get better.

Southampton's football compared to ours when we played them in November should have been Pardew's final straw.

This thing persists that we couldn't possibly attract anyone better than a sacked League Two manager - but since we started buying French internationals left, right and centre, we've never tried so I don't see the logic anymore.

I think we could attract many positive managers from the continent. The sticking point is the board, as we well know.

Would you let him try and get us out of the Championship?

I don't really want to think about it TBH, if he was sacked in those circumstances I wouldn't complain. I wouldn't really complain that much if he was sacked now, except for the effect on morale and club stability.

Hopefully it won't come to that.

Stability is bollocks without the right manager.

That's a fairly nonsense statement, unless you believe the right manager will always be an unmitigated success from day one.

Southampton changed their manager and everyone said they were knee-jerkers and stupid...they also seemed to have 'stability'.

Changing managers hasn't worked out too badly for them, has it..!? I thought we were lucky to beat them at SJP and that they have played decent football ever since - UNLIKE NUFC under Pardew, who have spent millions more.

He HAS to go - hopefully at the end of the season and that we have managed to stay up.

There are very few, if any, good realistic managers available that aren't already contracted to clubs either.

Then we should pay for them and get the best that we can.  If we finish where we are in the league we'll have lost at least £7.5 million in prize money from where we finished last season.

Well obviously all of us would but fuck knows what Mike and Dekka will be thinking, probably something leftfield knowing their previous managerial decisions.

We'd do what Southampton did IMO. Someone less known, foregin [sic] with European contacts and used to working under a DoF/chief scout/get what you're given system.

Not that it's happening, at all. :lol:

We'd do what Southampton did IMO. Someone less known, foregin [sic] with European contacts and used to working under a DoF/chief scout/get what you're given system.

the only way it happens imo is if carr recommends someone to them and he knows their contract is up or they can buy it out cheap or some shit, and i agree it'll be foreign which i have no problem with whatsoever

I'd be delighted with that personally but it will take a lot for it to happen.

The other thing that persists is that there's no way they'll sack Pardew - on the contrary, there is no way Ashley will risk that big TV deal. I think he'll go before the end of the season because we're only sinking from now.

Ashley will soon realise that he would have been better financially and on the field sacking Pardew in January and spending nothing, such is the negative effect he has on the team.

Dr Venkman's post when we signed players that it would soon become obvious that Pardew had been the real weak link all along was so utterly bang on the nail.

I'd be delighted with that personally but it will take a lot for it to happen.

If they back Pardew in the summer (assuming we stay up!) and this season is repeated next then I think they'll start to think about it. Not before then though.

The other thing that persists is that there's no way they'll sack Pardew - on the contrary, there is no way Ashley will risk that big TV deal. I think he'll go before the end of the season because we're only sinking from now.

Ashley will soon realise that he would have been better financially and on the field sacking Pardew in January and spending nothing, such is the negative effect he has on the team.

Dr Venkman's post when we signed players that it would soon become obvious that Pardew had been the real weak link all along was so utterly bang on the nail.

Really? ???

thing is we've seen how ashley has reacted in the past with replacing a manager at short notice, what do you think he'd do this time?  personally i'd be all for binning him and leaving carver in charge to the end of the season

we'd at least beat one of fulham / mackems to keep us up

feelgood factor of releasing the pardew chains should be enough