Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

We have more stability, better players and much better personalities than last time. That might help.

Yet we are 3 points off relegation with 7 games to go, Pardew is absolute shite.

We have more stability, better players and much better personalities than last time. That might help.

Yet we are 3 points off relegation with 7 games to go, Pardew is absolute shite.

The second we're safe, he has to go. No doubt about it.

Don't think they'll do it though :(

It is amazing certain posters have been so complacent despite what happened just 3 seasons ago.

We topped the Championship?

Not counting this season you pedant.

Me neither. :lol:

Playing in the Championship just 3 years ago surely should remind people we are not entitled to stay up merely because we are Newcastle United. But you already knew that. Of course.

We have a lot more fight in this side now though. Cabaye captaining the side instead of Owen for one. This team wants to stay up imo, those that took us down were already looking at their next clubs so didn't give a f***.

A lot more fight..? You mean like on Saturday, and in the last game v Wigan..???

It is amazing certain posters have been so complacent despite what happened just 3 seasons ago.

Some people are as much in denial as the so-called experts were about the Cyprus situation 6 months ago.....

The graphic Dave posted on the last page showed we were in the relegation zone as early as March, and I dare say some time before that too.

We haven't even been in the bottom four all season, as monumentally shit as we've been.

The graphic Dave posted on the last page showed we were in the relegation zone as early as March, and I dare say some time before that too.

We haven't even been in the bottom four all season, as monumentally shit as we've been.

don't really understand this logic, 'cause we haven't been in the zone means we can't go in the zone?

let's say worst case if we lose the next 2 games (hope we don't) we'd almost certainly be in the zone, or on equal points with the team in 18th at least with 6 games to go

what the fuck does not having been in the zone so far have to do with that?

yeah i don't think they'll sack him like, don't even think they're considering it, and it could really come back to hurt us if results don't go our way

lose at home to fulham he has to go imo, that'd be the end of the argument right there

The end of the argument was Reading at home.

All season doesn't matter ...after the last games obviously do. The fight that I'm seeing from QPR, Villa etc, I haven't seen from us in the past 2 fixtures. This in turn has put enormous pressure on the next 2 games, and with a manager who has shown with his negative style that he isn't the bravest, I'm fearful .

It was just a theory for the 'complacency' shown by people. Going by the rules of the relegationometer, you can understand why people don't go above 5 when we've never actually been in the relegation zone.

It was just a theory for the 'complacency' shown by people. Going by the rules of the relegationometer, you can understand why people don't go above 5 when we've never actually been in the relegation zone.

I'm only a 5 myself . I think we'll be ok but some people think we are certain not to be relegated...Inochi and Stu to name but 2 . They're taking complacency to the nth degree.

Guest neesy111

It's not complacency to think that we are better than three teams in the league. Something that the league table shows, and has shown all season, in fact.

It's complacent to think that we can't be relegated cos we can be and we aren't setting the league alight at the moment performance wise.

It's not complacency to think that we are better than three teams in the league. Something that the league table shows, and has shown all season, in fact.

Some would say we were better than 3 teams when we were relegated. Of course it's complacent to say we definitely won't go down.

Guest bimpy474

Pardew saying we were as good as safe two weeks ago has really blown up in his face.

Never comment on being safe until you are should be the motto.

the points table suggests we're barely (2-3 points) better than villla, wigan & the mackems though, the margins are so fine that a win can change the entire outlook

so you might say in this way of looking at it that we're really "better" than only 2 teams actually, as we're within a win of the others we really shouldn't be considering ourselves considerably better, if at all

Guest bimpy474

While we have better players than most down the bottom, we certainly aren't a better team right now.

While it's tiresome to blame Pardew for everything, that's solely laid at his door.

While we have better players than most down the bottom, we certainly aren't a better team right now.

While it's tiresome to blame Pardew for everything, that's solely laid at his door.

Yep. We've been gifting points to our relegation rivals all season too. Only QPR haven't had that pleasure but probably soon will.

My excitement for the Benfica game has been severely dampened by genuine relegation fears. Surely we can't risk playing our strongest available team on Thursday?

does it really matter? :lol:

he can't get the results when he has his players therefore what difference is it going to make, might as well have a go in the cup where his diabolical tactics actually seem to be effective