Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Guest Bolton Zulu

Here is the scenario.

You get royally shafted in every game leading up to the Villa game and you are nailed on for relegation. A wave of swine flu (or whatever the media ends up calling it) sweeps the nation, resulting in the government banning any event that generates a crowd thus ending the season prematurely. Promotion and relegation is suspended as sporting events are not resumed for a year. After that time everybody has forgotten how shite you are and you get another chance.

Thank me later.  :clap:

Here is the scenario.

You get royally shafted in every game leading up to the Villa game and you are nailed on for relegation. A wave of swine flu (or whatever the media ends up calling it) sweeps the nation, resulting in the government banning any event that generates a crowd thus ending the season prematurely. Promotion and relegation is suspended as sporting events are not resumed for a year. After that time everybody has forgotten how s**** you are and you get another chance.

..we can hope.

Here is the scenario.

You get royally shafted in every game leading up to the Villa game and you are nailed on for relegation. A wave of swine flu (or whatever the media ends up calling it) sweeps the nation, resulting in the government banning any event that generates a crowd thus ending the season prematurely. Promotion and relegation is suspended as sporting events are not resumed for a year. After that time everybody has forgotten how s**** you are and you get another chance.

..we can hope.

Even if only for the fact of going unbeaten for so long.

I watched the whole of their game against Liverpool and they played pretty well. But for some stupidity by their striker they could have got something out of that one.

Sad thing is that if not for various acts of stupidity from a range of our players over the course of the season, we'd be sitting comfortably in midtable mediocrity.

I watched the whole of their game against Liverpool and they played pretty well. But for some stupidity by their striker they could have got something out of that one.

Sad thing is that if not for various acts of stupidity from a range of our players over the course of the season, we'd be sitting comfortably in midtable mediocrity.

Yep, theres at LEAST 7 points that we've actually thrown away, not dropped, but given away.

Guest Howaythetoon

We've been going down since our former defender scored the equalising goal in the 2-2 draw with Stoke at home game, where we were leading 2-0. Down now. Oh well.

We've been going down since our former defender scored the equalising goal in the 2-2 draw with Stoke at home game, where we were leading 2-0. Down now. Oh well.

why did we sell ab faye again?

stupid.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

He was shagging Keegan's family in the dressing room apparantly they had a bust up over that allegedely

why did we sell ab faye again?

stupid.

Because he didn't get along with a manager who was going to walk out of the club 2 weeks later.

Guest Hodgey

Here's a conspiracy theory for you...is it beyond the realms that Stoke may rest a few key players for the game at Hull (effectively throwing the game whilst not actually giving instructions to players) in order to leave Hull in the PL on the basis that Hull will most probably face the drop next season and thus increase the chances of Stoke staying up again next season and hit the PL paydirt once again (ie there would effectively only be 2 relegation places with all due respect to Hull).

Stoke's chairman could be thinking along those lines and instruct Pulis to carry it out.  After all the name of the game for most clubs is staying on the PL gravy train!

Keep your eyes on Stoke's starting 11 for that fixture !  I'm probably being a bit paranoid but yer never know !?

Here's a conspiracy theory for you...is it beyond the realms that Stoke may rest a few key players for the game at Hull (effectively throwing the game whilst not actually giving instructions to players) in order to leave Hull in the PL on the basis that Hull will most probably face the drop next season and thus increase the chances of Stoke staying up again next season and hit the PL paydirt once again (ie there would effectively only be 2 relegation places with all due respect to Hull).

Stoke's chairman could be thinking along those lines and instruct Pulis to carry it out.  After all the name of the game for most clubs is staying on the PL gravy train!

Keep your eyes on Stoke's starting 11 for that fixture !  I'm probably being a bit paranoid but yer never know !?

Just asking the players to take it easy would probably work just as well and look a lot less suspicious than Beattie, Etherington, Delap, and Faye(s) all suddenly succumbing to "injury"

Guest Hodgey

Just asking the players to take it easy would probably work just as well and look a lot less suspicious than Beattie, Etherington, Delap, and Faye(s) all suddenly succumbing to "injury"

Indeed it would although if word got out about players being told to take it easy there'd be a right stink and possible litigation, whereas putting say Beattie and Delap on the bench wouldn't raise that many eyebrows.

Agree with the other posts that Hull will probably win it anyway given Stoke's poor away form, but I've been analysing all the fixtures from every perspective (who's got what to play for, who needs a result more etc) and that theory jumped out.

Guest Brummiemag

Interesting theory hodgey, and I hope your talking nonsense, but sadly I wouldnt completely rule it out! If it happens then it could cost us our place in the top division. Will be looking at their team selection and performance (Stoke always give 100% blood and guts etc) with interest!

Once we got to the position where we were relying on other teams results then we deserve everything that we get. No one in the league ever does you any favours. We should have got to grips with things when our safety was still in our own hands.

Once we got to the position where we relying on other teams results then we deserve everything that we get. No one in the league ever does you any favours. We should have got to grips with things when our safety was still in our own hands.

Nail on the head. At this stage of the season we can't rely on teams who have nothing to play for doing us any favours. Everton players won't want to get injuries playing against Sunderland, and despite all this talk about Hull not getting any more points, I can see them getting results against Stoke and an out of form Villa.

This changes absolutely nothing.

The Sunderland game is far more important, as anyone expecting anything from the Liverpool game was absolutely deluded.

This changes absolutely nothing.

The Sunderland game is far more important, as anyone expecting anything from the Liverpool game was absolutely deluded.

Spot on. Most sensible people were expecting us to get beat and by a fair bit. If anything todays result was probably a little better than expected (especially after 30 mins).

As far as I am concerned I expect us to go down, if we don't then we have been VERY lucky.