Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

We're already far too reliant on others. We need six points to go into the final day with a chance IMO. :undecided:

I think six points would see us safe, Sunderland's last really winnable game was today and they went down without a wimper.

Also I agree with Optimistic Nut, Hull's next two games are the only ones I can see them getting anything from.  So we'll know by the Boro game exactly what we need to do.  Having said that the Boro game will still be pretty much must win even IF Hull lose their next two, at the end of the day we have to start winning sometime of we're down.

There's going to be an awful lot of fingers being crossed in the next week or 2. It's obviously not ideal that we're relying on others but if that's what we need to do to stay up then so be it.

3 points against Boro following up losses for Hull and Sunderland next weekend would be nice. 

There's going to be an awful lot of fingers being crossed in the next week or 2. It's obviously not ideal that we're relying on others but if that's what we need to do to stay up then so be it.

3 points against Boro following up losses for Hull and Sunderland next weekend would be nice.

Howay the Bolton and Stoke :indi:

...I'd rather it was Chelsea and Arsenal like.

My mind seems to change every 5 mins, at the moment I think we've got a real shot of staying up. If we continue with the 4-2-3-1 formation i think we'll have enough to beat Boro as they'll play more open than Pompey did and we DO have the quality to score goals, especially with Viduka in the side. Owen's got to be back in for me and so has Jonas.

If we beat Boro I genuinely think we'll pick up another win maybe even 4 points against 2 sides that will be playing out the season comfortably and without needing to fight for anything. Fulham won't get a Uefa spot and Villa have 5/6th sewn up. Villa are just the type of side we're good against too, a team that plays openly and not ridiculously aggressively. If we want it I don't think 3 points are out of the question there. But there's the stumbling block and the thought that brings me right back down to earth. We're fucking gutless and there's no leadership at all on the pitch, no fight, no determination, no creativity, no pace and above all little quality in key areas.

I've literally changed my mind again whilst typing. It will be fucking tight, but don't give up yet you bloody bastards.  :kinnear:

:weep:

My mind seems to change every 5 mins, at the moment I think we've got a real shot of staying up. If we continue with the 4-2-3-1 formation i think we'll have enough to beat Boro as they'll play more open than Pompey did and we DO have the quality to score goals, especially with Viduka in the side. Owen's got to be back in for me and so has Jonas.

If we beat Boro I genuinely think we'll pick up another win maybe even 4 points against 2 sides that will be playing out the season comfortably and without needing to fight for anything. Fulham won't get a Uefa spot and Villa have 5/6th sewn up. Villa are just the type of side we're good against too, a team that plays openly and not ridiculously aggressively. If we want it I don't think 3 points are out of the question there. But there's the stumbling block and the thought that brings me right back down to earth. We're fucking gutless and there's no leadership at all on the pitch, no fight, no determination, no creativity, no pace and above all little quality in key areas.

I've literally changed my mind again whilst typing. It will be fucking tight, but don't give up yet you bloody bastards.  :kinnear:

:weep:

Fulham will still be fighting for a Europa League spot when we play them.

I'm now a 9, 10% chance. I wont be 10 unless it becomes mathematically impossible, though the sentiments are shared, we're pretty doomed unless theres some sort of miraculous recovery next week.

Excuse my ignorance on such matters, but is it completely out of the question that Shearer could re-register as a squad player and sub himself on as player-manager in a suitably heroic Henry V style - something like this:

Our best chance, I think...

Excuse my ignorance on such matters, but is it completely out of the question that Shearer could re-register as a squad player and sub himself on as player-manager in a suitably heroic Henry V style - something like this:

I'm sure if he could if he wanted to.  Just imagine: 90th minute at Villa Park, Sunderland are drawing with Chelsea, and at 0-0 we need to win to survive.  Poor but strong Alan Smith shot hits off Milner and goes out for a corner.  Shearer, with his suit on, rips off his shirt revealing the black and white, subs himself on for Duff and hits a bullet header in off the bar.

What a legend he'd be.

Its a bit lame really. 

My view has changed slightly, I now think Sunderland our are best shot at survival, I have a feeling Hull will beat Stoke (who look like they are already on the beach) next week and that will make it hard for us to catch them. Sunderland looked woeful yesterday and it's entirely possible they could end up losing all 3 of there last games. We would somehow have to get 4 pts and also overhaul their superior GD. I'm still at 10 :(

Watch out for WBA though, they've got 2 very winnable games left against teams that appear to be to board their planes to Benedorm, Wigan at home and Blackburn away. I would not be surprised if we have a disasterous end to the season for the North East with all 3 teams going down.

My view has changed slightly, I now think Sunderland our are best shot at survival, I have a feeling Hull will beat Stoke (who look like they are already on the beach) next week and that will make it hard for us to catch them. Sunderland looked woeful yesterday and it's entirely possible they could end up losing all 3 of there last games. We would somehow have to get 4 pts and also overhaul their superior GD. I'm still at 10 :(

It would be litterally impossible to catch them in that scenario without surpassing their goal difference though

Well ok not litterally :D  We only need to match them on goal difference because we've scored more.  We're only two goals behind so if we did win one and draw one and they lost all three it would take a very bad result in our other game for us not to overhaul their goal difference

It would be litterally impossible to catch them in that scenario without surpassing their goal difference though :)

I know, people must remember this.  There GD is better.  Each time we win, ours must improve at least 1, and the same for their defeats.  If we catch them, unless some weird results, our GD will be superior.

They're are 4 goals ahead aren't they? If we win one game just 1-0, and they lose 1-0, that's down to 2, so if Sunderland so lose all 3 and we get 4 points, as long as we don't get cuffed at Villa we should make up that difference.

They're only 2 ahead.  They're -17 and we're -19.  Hull are -22, and Boro are something worse.

Our goals scored is better than Sunderland's and the same as Hull's.

They're are 4 goals ahead aren't they? If we win one game just 1-0, and they lose 1-0, that's down to 2, so if Sunderland so lose all 3 and we get 4 points, as long as we don't get cuffed at Villa we should make up that difference.

Its now only two, also our better goals scored record means we only need to match their goal difference to stay ahead.

Don't forget although Villa were in poor form, they are a quality team and Hull were outclassed for the most part but they showed bottle. I think they'll have more desire than Stoke who are as good as safe. Hull will have to go for it. If some of our players showed their attitude we'd be matamatically safe. Hull are shit but if they produce that bottle for the rest of the season and still go down, they can do it with their heads held high. They seemed to link play better when Manchuo came on and looked slightly more threatening, if Brown has any sense he'll play him.

I'm still a 9.

Don't forget although Villa were in poor form, they are a quality team and Hull were outclassed for the most part but they showed bottle. I think they'll have more desire than Stoke who are as good as safe. Hull will have to go for it. If some of our players showed their attitude we'd be matamatically safe. Hull are shit but if they produce that bottle for the rest of the season and still go down, they can do it with their heads held high. They seemed to link play better when Manchuo came on and looked slightly more threatening, if Brown has any sense he'll play him.

I'm still a 9.

Newcastle played well for the first 15 minutes or so against Liverpool. You could say "If we play like that in our other games we'll be safe" but it doesn't work like that.

Guest neesy111

Win our Home Games and we're safe

ahh, but we haven't won at home for over 4 months now

Had a bizarre dream last night.

Needed to win at Villa to stay up, went 1-0 down but fought back to equalise and then took the lead with a header from Beye with 5 minutes to go. Then in injury time Milner scored an absolute gem of a volley to send us down.

Was devestated, then came on the forum to find that Jon was starting loads of threads about how great Milner was and how we deserved to be relegated for selling him. After having a huge slagging match with him I resolved to fly to London with intention of beating the shit out of him, but when I got there he was trained in kung-fu and was standing there like Neo in the Matrix, waiting for me to attack him. So I called him a fag and ran away. And that was it. :lol: