Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

10k have signed they petition. Shows not everyone is ready to give up and be put in our place by the PL.

It's great that a large number of people aren't happy about this, but it will have no impact at all unfortunately.

Hopefully it will lead to a better boycott of the club moving forward though. Not sure what that's gonna achieve anymore, given Ashley has "shown" that he's a willing seller. He's going to care even less about investing in the club now.

So, have the Premier League made any comment at all since PIF pulled out? Do we think they're likely to? Or will the just keep their heads down and ignore it like they have for the rest of the process?

Ignore it.

10k have signed they petition. Shows not everyone is ready to give up and be put in our place by the PL.

It's great that a large number of people aren't happy about this, but it will have no impact at all unfortunately.

Hopefully it will lead to a better boycott of the club moving forward though. Not sure what that's gonna achieve anymore, given Ashley has "shown" that he's a willing seller. He's going to care even less about investing in the club now.

Can't boycott as most won't be allowed in anyway and can't aim this at Ashley as he wants out as much as we want him to go. So the focus is the PL and must remain so. Or just accept it and watch the club die through apathy and neglect.

Let’s say Ashley said he no longer can support us, or no longer wants too and puts us into admin.

Would the Premier League still deduct us 9 points even though he tried to sell to a willing buyer who had enough funds who they wouldn’t approve? The answer is yes and an indication of how fucked up the system is.

I honestly hope the takeover goes through and we once and for all pull all the football rules which prevent open competition. Fucking disgrace.

Interestingly, if Ashley put the club in to administration, resulting in a points deduction - we might be relegated (but we'd need an 11+ point deduction).  If we were relegated as a result of that deduction, the NUFC takeover would no longer be subjected to the O&D Test, as the sale would be under the jurisdiction of the EFL and not the Premier League.

I'd accept this option in a heartbeat - a season in the Championship to get rid of Ashley and have PIF owning us, how quickly do you need your arm back after I snap it off?

Let’s say Ashley said he no longer can support us, or no longer wants too and puts us into admin.

Would the Premier League still deduct us 9 points even though he tried to sell to a willing buyer who had enough funds who they wouldn’t approve? The answer is yes and an indication of how fucked up the system is.

I honestly hope the takeover goes through and we once and for all pull all the football rules which prevent open competition. Fucking disgrace.

Interestingly, if Ashley put the club in to administration, resulting in a points deduction - we might be relegated (but we'd need an 11+ point deduction).  If we were relegated as a result of that deduction, the NUFC takeover would no longer be subjected to the O&D Test, as the sale would be under the jurisdiction of the EFL and not the Premier League.

I'd accept this option in a heartbeat - a season in the Championship to get rid of Ashley and have PIF owning us, how quickly do you need your arm back after I snap it off?

Would go on to next season now. Maybe we can offer to swap places with Bournemouth or Watford?

Can't boycott as most won't be allowed in anyway and can't aim this at Ashley as he wants out as much as we want him to go. So the focus is the PL and must remain so. Or just accept it and watch the club die through apathy and neglect.

Go on then, how will it work? Tweets? Strongly worded letters?

Go on then, how will it work? Tweets? Strongly worded letters?

Worked for Qatar, the fiancee, Bein etc...

Only good news from all this is that Ashley seems to have been fucked over. I'll do my absolute best to be as petty as possible and even if it inflicts great pain in me I'll enjoy Ashley being miserable.

Admin points deduction in the Premier League is 9 points. As the season has already ended, it would now be applied to next season.

For what it’s worth, the play off winners will have about 6 weeks for their owners to go through the D&O test before the Premier League resumes.

Absolutely shocking.

Only thing that can save the deal is the government stepping in.

If they would do a 180 now when theyre basically off the hook Qatar would be way more pissed off than if they had just approved it at day one. 

That won't happen.

It's now seemingly no coincidence that that Minister spoke out about this earlier this week.

Think we need two things really on top of fans.

Need a figurehead who can lead the fight against the PL. Only two people can do this, Shearer or KK.

And you need some supporting media who are going to put Masters face all over their newspaper with words like incompetent all over it. The Chronicle are too weak in this regard

Owner Mike Ashley remains "100 per cent committed" to the Saudi-based takeover of Newcastle United, despite the collapse of the deal on Thursday.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11678/12039710/mike-ashley-100-per-cent-committed-to-saudi-based-takeover-of-newcastle-despite-collapsed-deal

“We acknowledge yesterday’s statement.

"Never say never, but to be clear Mike Ashley is 100% committed to this deal (sale).

"However our current focus must now be on supporting Steve Bruce in the transfer market and on the preparations for the new season."

https://www.nufc.com

I see Luke Bald of the follically-challenged parish is whoring himself out to broadcast media, bigging up Mauriss but still can't tell us any more about who he is, what he's worth, where the money will come from and what his grand plans for the club are.

All this despite knowing of his interest since the back end of last year but not getting direct quotes and publishing an "exclusive" with him.  :rolleyes:

I see Luke Bald of the follically-challenged parish is whoring himself out to broadcast media, bigging up Mauriss but still can't tell us any more about who he is, what he's worth, where the money will come from and what his grand plans for the club are.

All this despite knowing of his interest since the back end of last year but not getting direct quotes and publishing an "exclusive" with him.  :rolleyes:

Absolutely hate that baldy cunt me, I think his lass must have cheated on him with a Geordie as that would explain the bitterness.

His whole attitude towards Mauriss reeks of a man who has received the first tip of his professional career, and he’s clinging to it in the hopes he can one day say “I told you so”.

I don't believe Mauriss to be worth more than Ashley, in fact I believe him to be worth considerably less. No point in bothering with a takeover if the funds available to improve the club aren't increased significantly from what they are currently, all that would happen is we would continue to 'exist' just to make up the numbers of the league, if we're lucky. We certainly wouldn't be any better off in the chance of winning anything.

I don't believe Mauriss to be worth more than Ashley, in fact I believe him to be worth considerably less. No point in bothering with a takeover if the funds available to improve the club aren't increased significantly from what they are currently, all that would happen is we would continue to 'exist' just to make up the numbers of the league, if we're lucky. We certainly wouldn't be any better off in the chance of winning anything.

No doubt cave in to Ashley’s demands around leaving SD tat all over the ground to try and get the club for a bit cheaper, probably agree to giving Ashley a cut of merchandise sales etc.

America’s answer to Stewart Donald.