Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

What is the deal with mansour? Google suggests he bought them - someone said above he isn't even a director!? That can't be right surely and that he didn't even go through the pl's tests?

The PL tests were not applied with such rigour back then I am guessing, perhaps because there wasn't really a clique of nationally approved top clubs. Liverpool were struggling so the door had to be left open for them to be taken over by a state backed owner if one came along. Also I would reckon CL money has probably widened the gap since City took over, so the current PL top clubs won't want anyone else joining the party.

Mansoor set up a company and installed a minion as the owner of the company and then transferred ownership of man city to that company so he isn't even a director of that company.

Can't understand why Amanda didn't do the same here with PIF, although that's probably what they intended doing once they had bought Newcastle.  However, the PL have put a roadblock on that by not allowing the purchase to proceed to that stage, if indeed that was the intention.

I mean Mansoor is the deputy Prime Minister of the UAE, as is MBS in the KSA so there is no real difference between them as far as I can see.  One is allowed to buy a PL club, but to then effectively sever all ties to that club while, PIF are not allowed to do the same.

Perhaps that would be the answer.  Set up a company with Amanda/Reuben Bros as the joint owners and tell the PL if the sale is allowed the club will be transferred to that company and put under the sole ownership of that company, with PIF representation on the board, and all 3 parties only having joint voting rights.

I think mansours involvement was a personal one, nothing to do with the state.

Ha ha yeah sure. Well he was smart enough to make it look like that I suppose. But of course the real problem with PIF isn't that they are state backed, it's that the state in question is at loggerheads with PL's partners which are Qatar. There is a conflict of interest, but the PL can't say that because PIF are doing a Mansour and saying that officially they aren't governed by the state.

So I've had some information of sorts (albeit filtered through my Celtic supporting fiancee).

Dialogue is now 10 x what it was before the 'bid withdrawal' between the consortium and the PL, both positive and negative. This is very good news, as apparently they'd go weeks without any interaction  :lol:

Ashley, or should I say Keith, will be releasing a statement of such this week to journalists regarding the takeover financially costing the retail industry due to him not being able to reinvest his money, or lack thereof.

Nothing we didn't already know, so apologies.

Listening to the Ornstein podcast with Caulkin being a guest, he mentioned that someone "very, very high up in the first-team level" (Lascelles or Ritchie I reckon) said that Ashley is totally done with the club

He should lower the price and get it sold then. Can't see any individuals paying that much in the current climate, and good luck with finding an alternative state backed investor which Qatar will find agreeable.

So I've had some information of sorts (albeit filtered through my Celtic supporting fiancee).

Dialogue is now 10 x what it was before the 'bid withdrawal' between the consortium and the PL, both positive and negative. This is very good news, as apparently they'd go weeks without any interaction  :lol:

Ashley, or should I say Keith, will be releasing a statement of such this week to journalists regarding the takeover financially costing the retail industry due to him not being able to reinvest his money, or lack thereof.

Cheers for the info, just goes to show that all this pressure appears to be making a difference.

Who would have though it ?

Surprised he didn't go down this route earlier tbh, but better late than never. Masters and co should definitely feel the heat if they thought they could just put a lid on it and trust it would all blow over.

:thup:

Cheers for the info, just goes to show that all this pressure appears to be making a difference.

Who would have though it ?

I think we’re fortunate that there’s enough of us to make a difference (and within that we have a solid amount of the fan base who are off their rocker. :lol: Which works in these situations!)

Apparently so, Ikon[/member]! I don't think communication ever stopped, but like I said before, weeks would pass between questions and answers. Apparently Ashley's side have been shit hot with information to the PL, but it was snail mail on the return.

Sorry the information is shite. Neither party I'm getting my tidbits relayed from support Newcastle (one doesn't even like football), so I'm afraid it's all Purple Monkey Dishwasher when I get my filthy paws on it.

Guest neesy111

Does it have to get to a certain number before there's guaranteed consideration by the government? 100,000?

It's not a parliamentary one.  It could have 500 million, they don't have to do anything.

Does it have to get to a certain number before there's guaranteed consideration by the government? 100,000?

It's not a parliamentary one.  It could have 500 million, they don't have to do anything.

That’s what I thought the other day. Needed to have been set up like the Wigan one.

Apparently so, Ikon[/member]! I don't think communication ever stopped, but like I said before, weeks would pass between questions and answers. Apparently Ashley's side have been shit hot with information to the PL, but it was snail mail on the return.

Sorry the information is shite. Neither party I'm getting my tidbits relayed from support Newcastle (one doesn't even like football), so I'm afraid it's all Purple Monkey Dishwasher when I get my filthy paws on it.

:thup:

Cheers for sharing no matter what.

Good info, and thanks for sharing. Sounds like the withdrawal is exactly what this needed to get it going.  :lol:

Get in Rocker lad!  Wait, wasn't it you who told us to put elastic bands on our socks because it was going to get blown off the next day or something like that? And God I believed you then with what happened the next day so I'm believing you now again.

Get in Rocker lad!  Wait, wasn't it you who told us to put elastic bands on our socks because was going to blow off the next days or something like that? And God I believed you then with what happened the next day so I'm believing you now again.

Aye, but he thought it was going to be good news.  :lol: Some backfire, that.  :lol:

Guest reefatoon

Yep, cheers for sharing that Rocker. Hopefully this was the rocket up the premier leagues arse. Let this not die.

I think they'd probably taking a keener look at petition with 500 million signatures, but I get your point.

A wildly publicised petition would be as effective as a paltry question in parliament, in my opinion.