Jump to content

OFFICIAL: PIF, PCP, & RB COMPLETE TAKEOVER OF NEWCASTLE UNITED FOOTBALL CLUB


Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, Stifler said:

The Premier League have to submit their evidence fo why the CAT case shouldn’t go ahead and/or why it should be held in private.

If they fail to do so then the case will go ahead as planned and be held in public. If they do submit the evidence, then the judge will look at it to see if the case should go ahead and if it should, then if it should be held in public or private.

 

Slightly different than this. EPL has already filed its primary evidence why the CAT doesn't have jurisdiction. What the EPL would be filing today is its reply to St James' Holdings' responsive evidence. (The way these things work is the moving party files, the opponent files a response, then the moving party has the chance to reply to things the opposing party brought up in the response -- that's the point this is at.) So if EPL doesn't file anything today, it would look really, really bad, since they requested and got an extension, but doesn't automatically mean the CAT case would go forward.

 

 

Edited by B-more Mag
Words and that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lazarus said:

If Ashley hasnt spent at least a million quid on his legal team hes got to be VERY close to it.

 

Unless hes got De Marco on some sort of performance based retainer.....[emoji38]

No win no fee.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

So they have an hour and a half to submit it? Or might they already have?

 

 

 

 

We don't get to see real time filings, unfortunately. (Actually, we haven't been able to see the parties' filings at all, real time or not, and have only been able to hear what's going on after the fact, when the Registrar published a summary of the claim and the CAT President entered orders. There should be greater transparency when it comes to the hearing, which I believe we'll be able to stream, whenever it happens.)

 

 

Edited by B-more Mag

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TRon said:

 

The British legal system is probably less corrupt than most around the world, but human nature being what it is, there is always going to be some bias, even if only unconscious bias. My view is that the ruling will generally favour the national body over local or foreign unless there really is a compelling case that proper procedure wasn't followed. 

 

So I'm hoping that there's compelling evidence that the PL colluded with the big six to scupper the bid, otherwise I would always think the PL would be favourites. 

I really wouldn’t bother mate, he’s got some bizarre agenda about the British legal system 

Link to post
Share on other sites

With the CAT case likely to rumble on for the rest of the year, within a fortnight we'll at least have some closure with the arbitration.

 

If the arbitration doesn't go our way, I won't be actively supporting Newcastle United. I won't watch, read about, listen or talk about Newcastle United. I won't even keep up the CAT case. I'm sure I will hear about it we're taken over.

 

So within a fortnight, I can either support my club again or give it up indefinitely. It's black and white, and a mental relief either way. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If it doesn’t go through, it’s the premier league that needs to be hit. Should be a sustained disruption of any home games. They don’t want us to compete, so we should do the same. Make sure every home game gets postponed. Cause absolute chaos every match day. There won’t be a club to follow anyway and judging off recent events, you only get a slapped wrist and a tiny fine for that kind of behaviour anyway.

 

 

Edited by reefatoon

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Rocker said:

With the CAT case likely to rumble on for the rest of the year, within a fortnight we'll at least have some closure with the arbitration.

 

If the arbitration doesn't go our way, I won't be actively supporting Newcastle United. I won't watch, read about, listen or talk about Newcastle United. I won't even keep up the CAT case. I'm sure I will hear about it we're taken over.

 

So within a fortnight, I can either support my club again or give it up indefinitely. It's black and white, and a mental relief either way. 

I feel the same. Its arbitration or bust for me. I think the CAT case is more to do with Ashley getting compensation than forcing the takeover through and I can't see PIF hanging around forever

I just need to find something to  the void. I can honestly say I haven't put a penny into Ashley's pocket for 2 years now but I still love to club and the only connection I have with it now is this forum 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, reefatoon said:

If it doesn’t go through, it’s the premier league that needs to be hit. Should be a sustained disruption of any home games. They don’t want us to compete, so we should do the same. Make sure every home game gets postponed. Cause absolute chaos every match day. There won’t be a club to follow anyway and judging off recent events, you only get a slapped wrist and a tiny fine for that kind of behaviour anyway.

 

 

 


 

You go first then 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

If it doesn’t go through, it’s the premier league that needs to be hit. Should be a sustained disruption of any home games. They don’t want us to compete, so we should do the same. Make sure every home game gets postponed. Cause absolute chaos every match day. There won’t be a club to follow anyway and judging off recent events, you only get a slapped wrist and a tiny fine for that kind of behaviour anyway.

 

 

 

For a lot of people it’ll be arbitration or bust. Don’t think anyone will have the stomach for mass protests. We lose Arbitration then it’s over. Huge couple of weeks 

 

 

Edited by gdm

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

If it doesn’t go through, it’s the premier league that needs to be hit. Should be a sustained disruption of any home games. They don’t want us to compete, so we should do the same. Make sure every home game gets postponed. Cause absolute chaos every match day. There won’t be a club to follow anyway and judging off recent events, you only get a slapped wrist and a tiny fine for that kind of behaviour anyway.

 

 

 

This is a great idea. Manu did it for Esl.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, gdm said:

For a lot of people it’ll be arbitration or bust. Don’t think anyone will have the stomach for mass protests. We lose Arbitration then it’s over. Huge couple of weeks 

 

 

 


I’m not sure. I think it might build the anger more than anything. For once this isn’t the clubs fault and I think that anger could unify the splintered support. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Rocker said:

With the CAT case likely to rumble on for the rest of the year, within a fortnight we'll at least have some closure with the arbitration.

 

If the arbitration doesn't go our way, I won't be actively supporting Newcastle United. I won't watch, read about, listen or talk about Newcastle United. I won't even keep up the CAT case. I'm sure I will hear about it we're taken over.

 

So within a fortnight, I can either support my club again or give it up indefinitely. It's black and white, and a mental relief either way. 

 

Start reading up and following NFL stuff now mate, it fucking saved my life last year and I barely gave Newcastle another thought :thup:

Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s a shame that the modern day Newcastle fan has zero fight in them. Had it beaten out of them over the last 14 years, where instead of wanting to fight for their club, they are willing to just quietly walk away instead.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

It’s a shame that the modern day Newcastle fan has zero fight in them. Had it beaten out of them over the last 14 years, where instead of wanting to fight for their club, they are willing to just quietly walk away instead.

 

I'm sure this wasn't meant as a dig but there's an awful lot around these parts who have fought...

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

It’s a shame that the modern day Newcastle fan has zero fight in them. Had it beaten out of them over the last 14 years, where instead of wanting to fight for their club, they are willing to just quietly walk away instead.

 

Wrong, and that's part of the problem.  It's been a slow erosion over time with the grim, slowly dawning inevitability that Ashley is in total control of the club and doesn't give a single solitary fuck.  There's no fight to be had, only fucking idiots think this now, the only option is to withdraw and cut him off but we can't even do that right :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

It’s a shame that the modern day Newcastle fan has zero fight in them. Had it beaten out of them over the last 14 years, where instead of wanting to fight for their club, they are willing to just quietly walk away instead.

 

Must admit this describes me. I was as fanatical as they come in my school days, teens, 20s, & early 30s. Went 14 seasons without missing a single home game in any competition (I was even one of the 4,600 at the Cesena match) and a regular at aways but my passion for the club is almost drained away and I no longer attend matches. Don't even watch on TV as it gives me zero pleasure and tbh I don't really have the interest these days.

 

A takeover would rekindle my interest to a point, not to previous levels but it would come back. If it all falls through, which is what I'm expecting, then I can categorically say that would be me done 100% with NUFC and football in general in this country. Also I don't have the stomach for a protest so I wouldn't be joining in with one of those either. I think there'd be 1000s who would simply just call it a day and shuffle off quietly if truth be told.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tbh even refusing to go to the games and sacrificing everything else that comes with that should count as 'fighting'. People walking away at this late point - two years after the club confirmed beyond all doubt that it didn't want to be a football club in the traditional sense of the word - suggests remarkable patience/optimism/[adjective of choice depending on your position] up to now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Yorkie said:

 

I'm sure this wasn't meant as a dig but there's an awful lot around these parts who have fought...

 

Yep, I've been very active in anti-Ashely campaigns in the past, so much so I was abused by a number of our supporters in a pub while organising and taking part in the 'Ashley Out' and 'Sack Pardew' protests. 

 

Newcastle United has weighed heavily on my already fragile mental health in the last decade. From health issues, bereavements and financial worries; being desperately unhappy about Newcastle United just doesn't warrant my time anymore. If we were just shit, I wouldn't care, I could deal with that. Not this. Not anymore.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

 

I'm sure this wasn't meant as a dig but there's an awful lot around these parts who have fought...


It’s not a dig at all, I count myself in that too. We have just been whittled down over the years to the point of folks just giving up. The only time people have tried to fight, it was a tiny minority where the majority just didn’t have the fight in them. 
 

for once though, this isn’t the clubs fault. We have a willing seller and a willing buyer, it’s outside influences that for some reason are adamant on this not happening. It’s just a bit of a shame reading people just giving up if it doesn’t go through. Hopefully it will bring the fanbase together with some fight instead.

 

 

Edited by reefatoon

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

 

Must admit this describes me. I was as fanatical as they come in my school days, teens, 20s, & early 30s. Went 14 seasons without missing a single home game in any competition (I was even one of the 4,600 at the Cesena match) and a regular at aways but my passion for the club is almost drained away and I no longer attend matches. Don't even watch on TV as it gives me zero pleasure and tbh I don't really have the interest these days.

 

A takeover would rekindle my interest to a point, not to previous levels but it would come back. If it all falls through, which is what I'm expecting, then I can categorically say that would be me done 100% with NUFC and football in general in this country. Also I don't have the stomach for a protest so I wouldn't be joining in with one of those either. I think there'd be 1000s who would simply just call it a day and shuffle off quietly if truth be told.


It’s me too mate. It’s how lots of us are/feel :thup: It’s such a shame.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

 

Wrong, and that's part of the problem.  It's been a slow erosion over time with the grim, slowly dawning inevitability that Ashley is in total control of the club and doesn't give a single solitary fuck.  There's no fight to be had, only fucking idiots think this now, the only option is to withdraw and cut him off but we can't even do that right :lol:


You have said wrong but then said what I was saying. I wasn’t mentioning protesting against Ashley. For once this shit show isn’t down to him, he wants to sell and we have people wanting to buy. I was saying the fight/anger needs to be towards the premier league for putting us in this position. The clubs gone without this takeover. All I was saying is it would be great to see the premier league disrupted, see some proper anger and frustration at it instead of us all just quietly walking away.

 

 

Edited by reefatoon

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Rich changed the title to OFFICIAL: PIF, PCP, & RB COMPLETE TAKEOVER OF NEWCASTLE UNITED FOOTBALL CLUB
  • Beren changed the title to Takeover Thread - SSN: Takeover is complete

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...