PIF and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

I can understand why people are frustrated by the pace of things and I am too on both sponsorships and the training ground. But to be concerned to the level of panic or even borderline conspiracy some of you are getting to you'd have to, among other things, believe that:

- Our stadium and/or training ground plans have changed considerably since May when we hired Brad Miller as COO

- Mitchell was interested in joining a club going nowhere fast or we lied to him

- We added a new board member with ties to the Reuben's and with expertise in commercial, hotel, and retail properties for no real reason

1 hour ago, timeEd32 said:

I can understand why people are frustrated by the pace of things and I am too on both sponsorships and the training ground. But to be concerned to the level of panic or even borderline conspiracy some of you are getting to you'd have to, among other things, believe that:

- Our stadium and/or training ground plans have changed considerably since May when we hired Brad Miller as COO

- Mitchell was interested in joining a club going nowhere fast or we lied to him

- We added a new board member with ties to the Reuben's and with expertise in commercial, hotel, and retail properties for no real reason

Look, that all sounds good and rational.

And it's for that reason I'm out and will piss my knickers instead.

1 hour ago, timeEd32 said:

Who is panicking?

21 minutes ago, TRon said:

You are one of those who questions their commitment and lack of movement most often on here.

That means I’m panicking?

I hold a view that a club in our position requires aggressive expansion in revenues and infrastructure if we are going to solidify ourselves as an elite club over the next 7 years.  

3 years in - I don’t think we are on track to do that - as far as what we know for a fact. 

But I’m not panicked. There are obviously things I don’t know. Things could change quickly with a few announcements. It might just take us longer to get there.  Maybe we never get there but we compete for Europe and have good cup runs - that’s probably the floor of what we will do.  

Some people here would have a meltdown if we sacked Howe, sold Bruno, Isak or whatever.  I wouldn’t.  The most important people at a club are the owners.  Ours being so wealthy will put us in a better position than most owners. But imo - to get the very top - you have to be aggressive, cutting edge in some departments (transfers, youth development), move quickly l and push against the boundaries of the rules, maybe even force a change. Thats what other teams in our position have needed to do to dominate.  I’ve not seen that from our owners so my expectations are capped. 

im not Howe dickrider but I think his job is a difficult one.  High expectations without the tools to succeed. At some point, with Howe or another manager, we’ll have to redress that in leadership and ownership.

16 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I hold a view that a club in our position requires aggressive expansion in revenues and infrastructure if we are going to solidify ourselves as an elite club over the next 7 years.  

3 years in - I don’t think we are on track to do that - as far as what we know for a fact. 

But I’m not panicked. There are obviously things I don’t know. Things could change quickly with a few announcements. It might just take us longer to get there.  Maybe we never get there but we compete for Europe and have good cup runs - that’s probably the floor of what we will do.  

Some people here would have a meltdown if we sacked Howe, sold Bruno, Isak or whatever.  I wouldn’t.  The most important people at a club are the owners.  Ours being so wealthy will put us in a better position than most owners. But imo - to get the very top - you have to be aggressive, cutting edge in some departments (transfers, youth development), move quickly l and push against the boundaries of the rules, maybe even force a change. Thats what other teams in our position have needed to do to dominate.  I’ve not seen that from our owners so my expectations are capped. 

im not Howe dickrider but I think his job is a difficult one.  High expectations without the tools to succeed. At some point, with Howe or another manager, we’ll have to redress that in leadership and ownership.

Very much agree with this.

19 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Some people here would have a meltdown if we sacked Howe, sold Bruno, Isak or whatever.  I wouldn’t.  The most important people at a club are the owners.

Proper 'state of the game' statement, this...

54 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

The fella you were quoting @timeEd32 didn't name you specifically, and what he described was frustration leading to the edge of panic with some, not all. You responded to his post asking about panicking, otherwise there was nothing to suggest you were panicking.

On the stuff about us being cautious rather than gung ho, that's quite obviously because we are up against the PL and their financial backers in the cartel. You can't compare our situation with others who don't have the whole league lining up to shoot them down, with the sheriff in their corner.

50 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Always been the way. Littlewoods started the Liverpool dynasty was it? Levy’s taken spurs from midtable to a team just under the European elite. Blackburn, Arsenal, Newcastle, Chelsea, City all broke British transfer records while challenging for the PL.  What club has risen beyond the ambitions of the owners consistently? In the entire history of the sport? 

Arsene Wenger stopped winning league titles when Arsenal became the 3rd-5th biggest spenders consistently. He would’ve won more with an additional £50m in wages/fees. His first winning team was the most expensive squad in the division though. 

11 minutes ago, TRon said:

On the stuff about us being cautious rather than gung ho, that's quite obviously because we are up against the PL and their financial backers in the cartel. You can't compare our situation with others who don't have the whole league lining up to shoot them down, with the sheriff in their corner.

There’s a number of things we could’ve been aggressive with that we haven’t. Or pushed the boundaries. Or been publicly opposed too.  

I won’t preemptively blame the cartel without evidence. The loan loophole from Saudi has been open this entire time. Never exploited it.  

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Always been the way. Littlewoods started the Liverpool dynasty was it? Levy’s taken spurs from midtable to a team just under the European elite. Blackburn, Arsenal, Newcastle, Chelsea, City all broke British transfer records while challenging for the PL.  What club has risen beyond the ambitions of the owners consistently? In the entire history of the sport? 

Arsene Wenger stopped winning league titles when Arsenal became the 3rd-5th biggest spenders consistently. He would’ve won more with an additional £50m in wages/fees. His first winning team was the most expensive squad in the division though. 

There’s a number of things we could’ve been aggressive with that we haven’t. Or pushed the boundaries. Or been publicly opposed too.  

I won’t preemptively blame the cartel without evidence. The loan loophole from Saudi has been open this entire time. Never exploited it.  

How much would a 1yr training ground sponsor, 1yr training kit sponsor etc have brought in ?

Money for nowt really that would have all helped and easily upped the season after if rules change.

Also FFP was invented to curtail City and prevent new ones. 

Just as they were creating and implementing FFP. City accelerated the inflated sponsorships.  Announced the city campus. Announced they were going multi-club. 

City have been aggressive and anti-establishment from day one. Their agenda and strategy is clear. 

Our agenda and strategy is not clear. I’m not all that bothered by the football until that is clear. I’ll enjoy it for what it is and hope for the best. 

19 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Also FFP was invented to curtail City and prevent new ones. 

Just as they were creating and implementing FFP. City accelerated the inflated sponsorships.  Announced the city campus. Announced they were going multi-club. 

City have been aggressive and anti-establishment from day one. Their agenda and strategy is clear. 

Our agenda and strategy is not clear. I’m not all that bothered by the football until that is clear. I’ll enjoy it for what it is and hope for the best. 

Hadn't City already bought their way to the title before FFP restrictions could take effect?

7 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:
1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

Your statement about owners was true; what's very 'this era' is that you wouldn't be bothered about the departures of those who traditionally represent 'what it's all about' due to the owners' existence. 

Basically nobody knows what's going on behind closed doors in our boardroom, the court case or the premier league yet we are all becoming experts on things people have no previous knowledge on.

So for my what ifs...

What if the club could spend 70 million on players this summer but were waiting to find out if the court case went in our favour and we were able to spend 200 million this winter?

What if we could announce a legit sponsorship with a company for 50 million but again if the court case went in our favour we could get a related party deal over the line for 200 million.

We don't even have cryptic bread posts from the football lawyer to give us a hint.

We just have to ride it out and see what happens next.

Edited by RobsonsWonderland

20 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Your statement about owners was true; what's very 'this era' is that you wouldn't be bothered about the departures of those who traditionally represent 'what it's all about' due to the owners' existence. 

I think due to fear of them not being replaced we don't have to be so anxious, unless the direction of travel suddenly changes. We should certainly be enjoying the players we have whilst they are here.