PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

Just now, nufcnick said:

Can you not take a joke fella? 

Aye, but knowing what did happen in a SA embassy, it’s a bit, well, below the knuckle…

2 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Aye, but knowing what did happen in a SA embassy, it’s a bit, well, below the knuckle…

Mate, you best start to grow a thick skin then, because at least 1 tabloid will probably run with that headline or put it out on twitter, when we go down. Things far worse will come our way when we start to become successful because of who owns us. 

Just now, nufcnick said:

Mate, you best start to grow a thick skin then, because at least 1 tabloid will probably run with that headline or put it out on twitter, when we go down. Things far worse will come our way when we start to become successful because of who owns us. 

I don’t read the tabloids, I’d expect better from NUFC fans… crack on though!

12 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

Keep playing like they do and these fuckers could end up in the Saudi embassy, and we all know what happens in there 

Let this sort of comment be peddled on RTG mate ok. Not here .

2 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

Dry your eyes guys, it was a fucking joke 

A joke maybe, but howay man, it’s the kind of cheap shot shite that’s posted constantly on RTG and other forums and it’s basically joking that our players should be chopped up like that poor journalist, for not performing. Have a word man! 

1 minute ago, GWN said:

if it was a joke then fair enough , didn’t make me laugh though , so failed.

That’s absolutely fine, everyone’s sense of humour is different. Maybe mine is a little more dry than other peoples, if I caused offence I apologise 

1 minute ago, nufcnick said:

That’s absolutely fine, everyone’s sense of humour is different. Maybe mine is a little more dry than other peoples, if I caused offence I apologise 

You didn’t cause offence (to me), I just find this kind of stuff shite that the likes of the mackems would spout and not at all helpful in terms of the damage being owned by Saudi Arabia has already done and will continue to do as long as people write send them to the embassy to be chopped up etc. I know you didn’t exactly write that, but it infers it all the same, it’s crass basically!

3 minutes ago, HTT II said:

You didn’t cause offence (to me), I just find this kind of stuff shite that the likes of the mackems would spout and not at all helpful in terms of the damage being owned by Saudi Arabia has already done and will continue to do as long as people write send them to the embassy to be chopped up etc. I know you didn’t exactly write that, but it infers it all the same, it’s crass basically!

i echo that , didn’t take offence just don’t need it from Nufc fans . Leave it to the haters 

1 hour ago, POOT 2.0 said:

If we don't have additions to our spine this week...we'll have no chance against Leeds. The board might accept that loss, if it's to get the right players in by the end of the window, but they really do need to pick it up a gear. 

2 signings in 2 weeks is being mooted as good. But after months of planning...it isn't, really. Especially not in this emergency situation. However, we don't really know what it's been like behind the scenes. 

Considering the position we’re in, 2 signings in 2 weeks is absolutely horrific and rank amateur by those running the club, after yesterday’s result relegation is now a certainty 

7 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

Considering the position we’re in, 2 signings in 2 weeks is absolutely horrific and rank amateur by those running the club, after yesterday’s result relegation is now a certainty 

We are literally only two points, two points from safety [emoji38]  I grant you it doesn't look good, but we're obviously going to buy more players. A certainty it certainly isn't.

Edited by Bimpy474

6 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

He’s either a complete fanny or a wind up. Probably a mix of both. 

He's disappointed and impatient and i get that but, after all the shite we've been through over the last 15 years, i would have thought people might have been a little bit more calm headed.

As grim as it seems right now, we're in a infinitely better position than we've been for a long long while. I'm patient and am willing to give the owners the time to get it right, as they will make mistakes.

Every owner does, and ours are absolute rookies when it comes to owning a football club.

Edited by Bimpy474

4 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

He's disappointed and impatient and i get that but, after all the shite we've been through over the last 15 years, i would have thought people might have been a little bit more calm headed.

As grim as it seems right now, we're in a infinitely better position than we've been for a long long while. I'm patient and am willing to give the owners the time to get it right, as they will make mistakes.

Every owner does, and ours are absolute rookies when it comes to owning a football club.

I tried to respond to POOT 2.0’s second post but I think this summarises my feelings pretty well. 

We are in a shit position and may well go down, but we have people who own the club now who have shown they want the best for it, despite some slow decision making.

I would have taken us being relegated all the way to non league to get rid of Ashley, but now he’s gone, we do have new and very wealthy owners and a new manager and we are seemingly willing to spend money so things have changed and us going down would be very bad in the current circumstances. It’s healthy for people to feel aggrieved and expect a bit better or a bit more. I’ve been very supportive of the consortium and indeed Howe, but I’m alarmed somewhat at how things are/or are not currently progressing on and off the field and I’m of the firm belief that we are going down and as much as that is a result of Ashley and Bruce, the new owners and Howe will have to accept their own role in things if we do indeed go down. 

Issues such as pretty much two people trying to turn around a club that’s been on the decline for over 14 years on their own. In under 3 months. 

That includes sorting new players, sorting infrastructure, sorting sponsorships/commercial deals, dealing with agents, dealing with club staff issues, advertising, bringing in a new manager and his staff and sacking the old one and his staff. 

The job is huge. Can you imagine trying to do all that with a couple of you? 

The Shitshow has been rolling for years but some are blaming the new driver that’s only just climbed in the cab?? They deserve a lot more time and credit imo

1 minute ago, LV said:

Issues such as pretty much two people trying to turn around a club that’s been on the decline for over 14 years on their own. In under 3 months. 

That includes sorting new players, sorting infrastructure, sorting sponsorships/commercial deals, dealing with agents, dealing with club staff issues, advertising, bringing in a new manager and his staff and sacking the old one and his staff. 

The job is huge. Can you imagine trying to do all that with a couple of you? 

The Shitshow has been rolling for years but some are blaming the new driver that’s only just climbed in the cab?? They deserve a lot more time and credit imo

Fair points, but they need to start hiring people who can do those things with competency, again it doesn’t have to be a Botman type recruitment, anyone that can do a better job than them at this very vital and crucial stage would be better than, well, someone who can’t do the job. People can easily be replaced, on and off the field. There is no time for fannying around now, not after 4/5 months in.

24 minutes ago, POOT 2.0 said:

I agree with the majority of that, @Bimpy474 :thup: 

But I hear the rookie thing a lot, and don't take it as an acceptable excuse. Whilst true about running a club...they're all literally at the highest level of the business world, and their failure to add a football expert is alarming, unless they think they've got what it takes. Jamie is probably the only guy with club experience. They've been here almost half a year and I'd have expected big-time business people to have added experience at board level. It's genuinely my only major worry with them. Everything else is to be expected, at the moment. 

I will clarify the rookie stance. I do think they should have done better, especially in regard to having a D.O.F (or whatever their title will be) in place for the window. I just understand (well trying to) that football is a different beast to what they're used to.

We saw it with Ashley, he thought, spend a bit of money (at first) you should be winning everything. As we all know it's more complicated, and that buffoon couldn't adjust to it and we suffered as a consequence.

I think they know what they're up against and will get it right in the end, but errors will happen on the way unfortunately, as we're seeing.

Also, i do laugh when i see comments such as 'we haven't done much this window so far'  That's laughable, we signed two players for around £40m (overpaid for Wood imo). Have multiple bids in all over the place, most of them near and over the £30m mark.

Yeah we're finding it hard to get players in who we really need, but that's the window in the winter, and it's only the 17th January for FFS [emoji38]

Edited by Bimpy474

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

Fair points, but they need to start hiring people who can do those things with competency, again it doesn’t have to be a Botman type recruitment, anyone that can do a better job than them at this very vital and crucial stage would be better than, well, someone who can’t do the job. People can easily be replaced, on and off the field. There is no time for fannying around now, not after 4/5 months in.

I agree that a DoF in place would have been good but it’s well documented that the search is under way (via a headhunting company) and they are on record saying that they want to get the right appointment, not just any appointment and that they are willing to wait for the right appointment. 

I think it seems like they are looking long term rather than short term and getting all the appointments right. They may well be accepting relegation might happen because of that but be confident of getting straight back up and competing from there. I don’t know, no one knows really. But I for one would prefer owners that are planning long term and getting everything geared up for that.

6 minutes ago, LV said:

I agree that a DoF in place would have been good but it’s well documented that the search is under way (via a headhunting company) and they are on record saying that they want to get the right appointment, not just any appointment and that they are willing to wait for the right appointment. 

I think it seems like they are looking long term rather than short term and getting all the appointments right. They may well be accepting relegation might happen because of that but be confident of getting straight back up and competing from there. I don’t know, no one knows really. But I for one would prefer owners that are planning long term and getting everything geared up for that.

You want the best people in at all times if possible on and off the pitch, but if they are struggling in certain areas, short term stuff shouldn’t be ignored. I do trust they will eventually get it right, that and we might have to suffer some initial pain for longer gain. It’s very frustrating though.