PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

And the point is that this is still a limited operation. With no Charnley, no CEO and no sporting director, Staveley and Ghodoussi have taken on a crushing degree of responsibility. Aided by Reuben, who is being guided by Howe, chief scout Steve Nickson and Nick Hammond, acting in a temporary advisory capacity, they are doing deals themselves, as well as pretty much everything else.

^^ Hammond mentioned again. So what gives with Hardy?

Edited by Kanji

44 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

Reading most of the comments on here and social media, I’m embarrassed.

People slating the owners and Howe, FFS.

I wouldn’t blame them for walking away

They shouldn't be beyond criticism. I'm delighted they're here but it's been far from a smooth ride so far you have to admit.

1 minute ago, Pilko said:

They shouldn't be beyond criticism. I'm delighted they're here but it's been far from a smooth ride so far you have to admit.

Absolutely, but the criticism I’ve seen overall is madness. It’s like spoilt kids not getting their own way

1 hour ago, Thomson Mouse said:

Reading most of the comments on here and social media, I’m embarrassed.

People slating the owners and Howe, FFS.

I wouldn’t blame them for walking away

Some of the key decisions can be viewed as questionable and deserve criticism.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with reaching that evaluation

I don't understand some of the stuff people are spouting. People have paid serious money to go and watch this shower of shite week in week out, and for their loyalty they have been given what I would describe as 2 decent performances from 20 matches.

No one is untouchable to criticism, so what's with this "I wouldn't blame them for walking away" nonsense? To some people this is all they have, so the fact they are constantly being let down week after week, I absolutely do not blame them for being annoyed by the decisions being made and being vocal about it.

31 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

Absolutely, but the criticism I’ve seen overall is madness. It’s like spoilt kids not getting their own way

Agree it’s embarrassing 

14 years of mismanagement isn’t going to change quickly 

the amount of moaning is pathetic 

I can see improvement in terms of performance, however we all agree we need a complete squad revamp 

The only gripes I've had thus far with the owners have been not binning Bruce immediately, the length of the manager search and the Emery debacle. Call it bedwetting if you want but this window is starting to worry me tbh, 2 signings half way through when it was clear we needed at least 3 or 4 asap is poor imo. Especially as we knew how important getting players in early was. If either a CB or midfielder aren't signed before Saturday it's more than likely another game tossed off. And likely we'll be back to a sizable number of points adrift given Watford's next 2 fixtures. 

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

The only gripes I've had thus far with the owners have been not binning Bruce immediately, the length of the manager search and the Emery debacle. Call it bedwetting if you want but this window is starting to worry me tbh, 2 signings half way through when it was clear we needed at least 3 or 4 asap is poor imo. Especially as we knew how important getting players in early was. If either a CB or midfielder aren't signed before Saturday it's more than likely another game tossed off. And likely we'll be back to a sizable number of points adrift given Watford's next 2 fixtures. 

Its true though, when you see someone like Trippier joining up and some other talents from other countries showing interest publicly in the news then why haven't we signed more by now? We should have never ever went with that CB pairing against Watford the other day. Had plenty of time and was arguably our biggest area of concern.

13 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Some of the key decisions can be viewed as questionable and deserve criticism.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with reaching that evaluation

Of course they’re open to criticism but have you seen some of the stuff on here and social media? Absolutely laughable 

5 minutes ago, Menace said:

I don't understand some of the stuff people are spouting. People have paid serious money to go and watch this shower of shite week in week out, and for their loyalty they have been given what I would describe as 2 decent performances from 20 matches.

No one is untouchable to criticism, so what's with this "I wouldn't blame them for walking away" nonsense? To some people this is all they have, so the fact they are constantly being let down week after week, I absolutely do not blame them for being annoyed by the decisions being made and being vocal about it.

People have paid serious money, that is true but the current owners are not responsible for the shite on show week in week out, certainly not yet

Once they've had an opportunity to put a structure in place and employed people across the board and give a reasonable amount of time then I think it's fair to get vocal about it

Getting vocal now is absurd imo, though it is reflective of issues we have in society in general and football is a reflection of that, we want everything and we want it now

Let's recognise we've had 14 years of absolute crap at all levels, expecting perfection from the new owners in 3 months is unfair and unrealistic 

Have some patience man and focus on the bigger picture 

1 minute ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

People have paid serious money, that is true but the current owners are not responsible for the shite on show week in week out, certainly not yet

Once they've had an opportunity to put a structure in place and employed people across the board and give a reasonable amount of time then I think it's fair to get vocal about it

Getting vocal now is absurd imo, though it is reflective of issues we have in society in general and football is a reflection of that, we want everything and we want it now

Let's recognise we've had 14 years of absolute crap at all levels, expecting perfection from the new owners in 3 months is unfair and unrealistic 

Have some patience man and focus on the bigger picture 

Sorry like but there has to be a more nuanced middle-ground than “expecting perfection” to dismiss concerns on recent form such as getting 0 wins from Brentford, Norwich and Watford in the league and being eliminated from the cup at home to league one opposition.

The fans have been very patient and supportive, more so than many other clubs I’d expect.

I find it laughable that anyone, when referring to the January window, says we should have had "X players in by x time". It's such vague bullshit which can only come from this idea that transfers are easy to do.

If rumours are true, we have been hoying 30m bids for CBs right, left and centre but there are a few small matters getting in the way. Firstly we have to find players who are worth the money, then a club willing to sell and then a player willing to move.

Sure, we could have had Phil Jones in 10 days ago but I'd wager that the ones who bitched about Chris Wood as a panic buy, would have done the same with someone like Jones.

Hoying an extra nought on the end of the bid might look like solving a problem but in reality it will create more for us.

There's every chance we will sign Diego Carlos next week and people will be happy. It still won't be enough to save us from relegation and then people will bitch that we haven't signed more.

They are trying. It's difficult.

Just now, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Sorry like but there has to be a more nuanced middle-ground than “expecting perfection” to dismiss concerns on recent form such as getting 0 wins from Brentford, Norwich and Watford in the league and being eliminated from the cup at home to league one opposition.

The fans have been very patient and supportive, more so than many other clubs I’d expect.

Questions is one thing, talking about sacking the manager and blaming the new owners if we go down is another, that's the issue I have. 

People were largely happy with Eddie Howe (go to his thread and read the comments) and now we have lots of people (it's not isolated) already chucking the towel in on him after 10 games? Is that reasonable?

Where is the patience? They need time, time to implement their plan and structure, they don't need people putting blame on to them for our relegation or even questioning their ability (that may well come but once they've had a fair crack at things, not after 3 months man)

Just now, Geordie Ahmed said:

Questions is one thing, talking about sacking the manager and blaming the new owners if we go down is another, that's the issue I have. 

People were largely happy with Eddie Howe (go to his thread and read the comments) and now we have lots of people (it's not isolated) already chucking the towel in on him after 10 games? Is that reasonable?

Where is the patience? They need time, time to implement their plan and structure, they don't need people putting blame on to them for our relegation or even questioning their ability (that may well come but once they've had a fair crack at things, not after 3 months man)

Patience isn’t limitless though.

This is competitive sport and you’ll be judged on results regardless. That’s the reality and the results unfortunately haven’t been good enough.

We all want Howe to succeed, but there has to be a point where you question if he’s the right man for the job. All fans will have a different threshold for when that point is for them.

People can be happy with his initial appointment and now be unhappy with how things have gone since. That’s not an inherently contradictory stance to adopt.

He’s had 10 games, we’ve been inconsistent, there’s been little sustained encouragement against sides of varying calibre and we haven’t got the points we expected to accumulate.

Another negative result against Leeds and I’d find it hard to disagree with people who would be open to a change in manager.

2 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Patience isn’t limitless though.

This is competitive sport and you’ll be judged on results regardless. That’s the reality and the results unfortunately haven’t been good enough.

We all want Howe to succeed, but there has to be a point where you question if he’s the right man for the job. All fans will have a different threshold for when that point is for them.

People can be happy with his initial appointment and now be unhappy with how things have gone since. That’s not an inherently contradictory stance to adopt.

He’s had 10 games, we’ve been inconsistent, there’s been little sustained encouragement against sides of varying calibre and we haven’t got the points we expected to accumulate.

Another negative result against Leeds and I’d find it hard to disagree with people who would be open to a change in manager.

Of course it isn't limitless but we've put up with 14 years of Ashley and 3 years of Bruce, I expected it to last a bit more than it has for some 

I'm not going to make a judgement so soon, especially when the issues we have is our squad is not balanced and it's crap

The squad being shite isn't on Howe, that's on Bruce and somewhat on the new owners in giving him some better players 

If we lose to Leeds, sack Howe, who do you honestly expect to come in? Who will suddenly make Lascelles be a competent footballer or give us legs in midfield? No manager/coach is changing that 

He's got arguably the worst NUFC squad that we have ever had in the PL and yet some would have you think turning this oil tanker around was an easy task.

Eddie Howe isn't perfect, is hardly a revelation either.