PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

From what I’ve read and generally do agree with is that women have been voicing their concern at trans-woman using female toilets and claiming they’re female (not trans-female, but female) I agree with that concern, which includes collages or competing in sports alongside women. 

The lass in question is gay and has experienced quite a lot of discrimination so she’s very much pro equality, as I am, but for that argument for someone to feel righteous to a degree to say you’re wrong in voicing such an opinion then mate, I honestly couldn’t give a shit how depressing you find that. It’s my opinion - I was just generally shedding some light into what happened and people have came to her defence as it happens.

16 minutes ago, Geordie Boyo said:

All JK Rowling said that a trans woman shouldn’t be able to use female toilets, etc and just generally that they can’t simply claim to be women having no female organs for a menstrual cycle, possibly falling pregnant. Totally agree with her - it’s one thing to be a trans woman but to actually say you’re female when you’re not…..that was the just of what she’d been talking about. someone who took a disliking to her then reported her to the club. 

It's a strange world isn't it where we have to ask the question if a person born with a Y chromosome, Adam's apple, balls and cock and male DNA is a man or woman! And anyone questioning this is called  bigot or whatever. 

Life was so much simpler in the 80s and 90s ?

Just now, 500bhp said:

It's a strange world isn't it where we have to ask the question if a person born with a Y chromosome, Adam's apple, balls and cock and male DNA is a man or woman! And anyone questioning this is called  bigot or whatever. 

Wasn't really. Gays were "plague carriers" and literally were hunted down by some.

Just a differing target, for some reason society needs a target to blame for stuff.

Hopefully, one day soon it changes.

26 minutes ago, Geordie Boyo said:

All JK Rowling said that a trans woman shouldn’t be able to use female toilets, etc and just generally that they can’t simply claim to be women having no female organs for a menstrual cycle, possibly falling pregnant. Totally agree with her - it’s one thing to be a trans woman but to actually say you’re female when you’re not…..that was the just of what she’d been talking about. someone who took a disliking to her then reported her to the club. 

I take it you’ll be stood outside the women’s toilets inspecting genitalia then?  Or will someone else be doing that?

8 minutes ago, 500bhp said:

It is and I do completely understand that it is very difficult for families with their own kids going through a transition as it obviously would be for those in question, but what had been said was to do with other issues (no hate upon anyone being trans) just generally stuff that has actually already been debated and highlighted in the media. I don’t think she should be labelled nor I for that matter. I try to empathise and understand on both sides, but that is my opinion whether it’s to do with sports or such a situation where you’ve got teens using changing rooms/toilets at colleges, etc that they shouldn’t have to accept it. Again - I just wanted to shed some light if anything feeling the lad who reported her needs to get a f*#king life. 

4 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I take it you’ll be stood outside the women’s toilets inspecting genitalia then?  Or will someone else be doing that?

Sounds like you might be up for it if that’s what comes to mind mate. Let us know how you get on though when you suspect you might get a handful.

I think generally the chances are you’re not gonna get people walking in looking like the ladyboys of Bangkok where women may feel intimidated. It’s a fair enough opinion to voice I feel. 

2 minutes ago, Geordie Boyo said:

Sounds like you might be up for it if that’s what comes to mind mate. Let us know how you get on though when you suspect you might get a handful.

I think generally the chances are you’re not gonna get people walking in looking like the ladyboys of Bangkok where women may feel intimidated. It’s a fair enough opinion to voice I feel. 

Absolutely pathetic.

The point was of course that lots of trans women ‘pass’, and lots of cis women have masculine features.  So who is policing the toilets?  

7 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Absolutely pathetic.

The point was of course that lots of trans women ‘pass’, and lots of cis women have masculine features.  So who is policing the toilets?  

Ok, so you feel strong enough in your opinion that this shouldn’t be an issue to women, they’re being pathetic and should just get on with it? 

There’s never been any policing of who goes in what toilet. It’s just generally a debate or concern that’s been raised on social media. Unless you’re female you can’t necessarily call them out. 

11 minutes ago, Geordie Boyo said:

Ok, so you feel strong enough in your opinion that this shouldn’t be an issue to women, they’re being pathetic and should just get on with it? 

There’s never been any policing of who goes in what toilet. It’s just generally a debate or concern that’s been raised on social media. Unless you’re female you can’t necessarily call them out. 

The problem is that saying that trans women can’t enter women’s toilets requires policing of some sort - just say it is legislated against.  Who is going to enforce it?  Who is really going to approach a woman about to enter a toilet cubicle and say ‘hey, I think you might have a penis’?

I assume the fear that some women have is that of sexual assault.  But how many recorded examples of this are there?  And raping someone in a public place seems pretty risky.

Being fearful is not a good enough reason to hold a prejudice against an entire group of people.  

By this token no men should be barred from women's toilets?

Incidentally, a game is being played that they're hard to spot here. The idea that you just can't tell without a full anatomical examination is preposterous.

53 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

The problem is that saying that trans women can’t enter women’s toilets requires policing of some sort - just say it is legislated against.  Who is going to enforce it?  Who is really going to approach a woman about to enter a toilet cubicle and say ‘hey, I think you might have a penis’?

I assume the fear that some women have is that of sexual assault.  But how many recorded examples of this are there?  And raping someone in a public place seems pretty risky.

Being fearful is not a good enough reason to hold a prejudice against an entire group of people.  

Also, a rapist is hardly going to be put off going into that female toilet because that's against the law.

I'd imagine that the chances of a trans woman being raped in a men's toilet are far higher (even accounting for the significantly higher risk of sexual violence and murder trans people are at anyway).

I mean, to return to what caused all this, would it be good to ban all the people debating the merits of 'from the river to the sea' in the Israel/Palestine thread from the ground? Because suddenly that sounds like a plausible event. This is an NUFC relevant conversation.

8 hours ago, Geordie Boyo said:

That is not at all what JKR has only said like. :lol: That might be what she says she's only saying, but she actually says a lot, lot more than that, almost the the point of not coming up for air. 

5 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

That is not at all what JKR has only said like. :lol: That might be what she says she's only saying, but she actually says a lot, lot more than that, almost the the point of not coming up for air. 

This.

She's a vile harridan.

It's, yet another, culture war and she's more than cheerleading. 

Women get raped by men dressed as men.

If it were only about toilets, and the transgender movement compromised, they could use accessible loos. Problem solved. 

But it's not about toilets. 

There's a couple of men dressed as women frequent Manor Walks. Older chaps and big lads. Hands like shovels. I actually admire their bravery, esp given the current climate. 

Must be fucking torturous trying to fit into a society that won't accept you when all you want to do is live your best life. 

Not sure about banning fans for what they post on their social media like. Depends on the content and the context. 

Very much a modern phenomenon. 

Niall, aged 59, bald, straight, cunt