PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

2 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Wasn’t sure where to post this, and don’t normally like to indulge in what aboutery as the criticisms of Saudi are valid. It does seem though other sports get a bit of an easier ride in regards to sportswashing accusations than football. Maybe not golf, but certainly boxing and mma.

Interview with Tyson Fury, where he goes out his way to praise Saudi and even MBS himself.

https://youtu.be/KxDYUZ8FbTM?si=VxxnP7M9Q4ZOzuB9

Honestly I think it comes down to how massive football is.

20 hours ago, TRon said:

Boxing is pretty massive as well like.

It’s not what it once was, though.  I don’t think being heavyweight champion has the cultural cut-through that it once did. The heavyweight champion used to be one of the most famous people on Earth - not sure that they are now. 

Currently reading a book about LIV golf. Has a lot of anecdotes and info about H.E. Al-Rumayyan. 

A very ruthless man it seems who is scrutinised by those above him in Saudi to the point he has to be very mindful of his mobile devices. Seems like he won’t think twice about firing someone there’s any hint of failure in the numbers.

Edited by Ronaldo

1 minute ago, Ronaldo said:

Currently reading a book about LIV golf. Has a lot of anecdotes and info about H.E. Al-Rumayyan. 

A very ruthless man it seems who is scrutinised by those above him in Saudi to the point he has to be very mindful of his mobile devices. Seems like he won’t think twice about firing someone there’s any hint of failure in the numbers.

So any hint of foul play from Milan over the Tonali transfer and we will take legal action?

2 hours ago, Groundhog63 said:

I bet these millionaire/billionaire owners would love a salary cap. Not for them, obviously, nor a dividend cap either. 

Spot on. The idea a wage cap will help anything is extremely foolish.

11 minutes ago, 80 said:

Spot on. The idea a wage cap will help anything is extremely foolish.

Can understand the questioning why a bloke can get £250k a week for kicking a ball about BUT why shouldn't any employee share in the spoils derived from their own toil in an industry, seemingly, awash with money? 

On 26/10/2023 at 07:56, Ronaldo said:

It will be explored yes. I’d be surprised if someone on our side doesn’t lose their job over it should there be no legal case to answer.

I’ve read a lot about the chairman and agree he’s a ruthless man who’s constantly looking over his shoulder back in the kingdom. I doubt there’s a single person losing their job over the Tonali deal if there’s no legal challenge; I assume the club and PIF will test the reps and warranties in the deal with Milan to their fullest but regardless of the case - a very stern word with the club and likely some additional and unique background checking will be conducted on ALL future purchases. Now if this happens again…different story. 

Speculation in Canada that it maybe the Saudi’s who are going to take over the Canadian Premier League team York United in the next month.

777 were rumoured but seem to be dismissed, MLSE, the owners of Toronto FC, and Toronto Maple Leafs have also been speculated.

40 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Speculation in Canada that it maybe the Saudi’s who are going to take over the Canadian Premier League team York United in the next month.

777 were rumoured but seem to be dismissed, MLSE, the owners of Toronto FC, and Toronto Maple Leafs have also been speculated.

Going to use David Edgar to find the next David Edgar. :smug:

So Ben Jacobs has went full circle and is now Talkshite’s Saudi correspondent where he spends the weekend talking about the Saudi teams, defending them etc.

Earlier this week he was saying how it’s good Saudi will host the World Cup, no such controversy this time with a winter World Cup or a MENA region country hosting because Qatar have already done it. Saying it’s only right that region gets to host the World Cup. Then going on to defend the non top 4 Saudi clubs getting poor crowds.

Edited by Stifler

24 minutes ago, Stifler said:

So Ben Jacobs has went full circle and is now Talkshite’s Saudi correspondent where he spends the weekend talking about the Saudi teams, defending them etc.

Earlier this week he was saying how it’s good Saudi will host the World Cup, no such controversy this time with a winter World Cup or a MENA region country hosting because Qatar have already done it. Saying it’s only right that region gets to host the World Cup. Then going on to defend the non top 4 Saudi clubs getting poor crowds.

Defected. No longer BEIN Jacobs.