PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

Salary cap would be great for us surely, our salaries are still way behind the likes of city chelsea and even spurs. Having said that I predict it will be placed at such a point that it is basically pointless if it happens for the above reason, or it somehow will be targeted only at us, like salary cap for teams managed by eddie howe in the rules or something

Would this need to be unanimous or majority PL club decision?
Don’t see it happening because bottom half PL clubs attract top foreign talent due to wages, take that away and they stop challenging. Poorer league means less TV revenue, they’d be sabotaging themselves.

30 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Yeah, I don't see how they possibly implement it

It works in US Sports as their leagues are a closed system and they have no competition elsewhere 

It does……in one country. How many member countries make up uefa, not a chance and there’s the Saudi Pro League.

An anchoring salary cap model would tie spending on player wages — the biggest expenditure in a club’s budget — to the amount that the bottom club is paid. In 2021-22 the bottom club was paid £100.6‍ million in TV money so, if wage bills were restricted to four times that sum, the maximum would be £402.4 million — the club with the highest wage bill that season was Manchester United, with £384 million.

This isn’t a new idea sure it was mentioned months ago and by the sound of the above it would have pretty much no effect.

23 hours ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Aye thats it. Punish every other team that aspires to be more than dull-as-dishwater Crystal Palace. 

I don't get this. Our salaries are modest compared to the champions league teams we are competing against. I get how if not in sync with rest of europe this could be harmful but look this is how man u and chelsea buy their way back to the top 4 after mismanagement, get the players with ludicrous wages. We are competing at the top through sensible transfers and good management not offering ludicrous wages. I don't know why we would be slamming wage cap proposals, we can be fuckign smarter than Man U, Chelsea etc, and any hit on the ability of people to outbid us for players through silly wages can only help. 

It won't happen, especially with the Saudi league poaching. One day we will be offering highest wages too but tbh, I am fearing that day.

Jadon Sancho's wages dwarf Miggy's wages. Who is better off is all I will say. 

There already is a salary cap.  PL rules were agreed last year to impose a 70% cap on salaries etc as a proportion of turnover.  This doesn’t impact individual salaries, but it impacts clubs’ abilities to overspend.   Which they couldn’t anywhere because of FFP.

TL;DR Parish is a berk who is asking for something which already exists. 

25 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

There already is a salary cap.  PL rules were agreed last year to impose a 70% cap on salaries etc as a proportion of turnover.  This doesn’t impact individual salaries, but it impacts clubs’ abilities to overspend.   Which they couldn’t anywhere because of FFP.

TL;DR Parish is a berk who is asking for something which already exists. 

Isn't there a UEFA one as well ? Or at least a one that's stepped, starting at 90% then 80% then 70% over 3 seasons ?

6 hours ago, Tiresias said:

I don't get this. Our salaries are modest compared to the champions league teams we are competing against. I get how if not in sync with rest of europe this could be harmful but look this is how man u and chelsea buy their way back to the top 4 after mismanagement, get the players with ludicrous wages. We are competing at the top through sensible transfers and good management not offering ludicrous wages. I don't know why we would be slamming wage cap proposals, we can be fuckign smarter than Man U, Chelsea etc, and any hit on the ability of people to outbid us for players through silly wages can only help. 

It won't happen, especially with the Saudi league poaching. One day we will be offering highest wages too but tbh, I am fearing that day.

Jadon Sancho's wages dwarf Miggy's wages. Who is better off is all I will say. 

I completely get and agree with your point. But as others have said, probably isn't workable.

1 minute ago, dcmk said:

Does anyone else think that Mehrdad and Amanda are in Riyadh due to the Sandro’s situation and how to go about it.

Good shout. AC Milan's CEO and Tonali's agent being asked to pop into Saudi's Rome embassy for a bit crack*

Funny, NOT funny

Amanda Staveley sends message from Saudi Arabia to Newcastle United supporters

October 24, 2023 Olly Hawkins

IMG_4562.thumb.webp.604afd945869357b0fd8ffebd4a5e160.webp

Amanda Staveley has sent a message of thanks to “all of our incredible fans” for the support we’ve shown the men’s and women’s teams so far this season. 

She’s “forever thankful” for the “passion and appreciation” we show towards both teams, with Eddie Howe’s Mags flying and Becky Langley’s lasses currently unbeaten following a 4-0 win of their own over the weekend. 

Staveley feels the “love” we demonstrate every game towards the team and the entire NUFC community has a huge impact on our results, believing it makes us “such a formidable opponent.”

Our co-owner is currently in Saudia Arabia with Mehrdad Ghodoussi and has this morning posted photos on Instagram from her trip, coupled with this message:

“So looking forward to coming home to Newcastle – but wanted to take this opportunity to thank all of our incredible fans for the support for both our men’s and women’s teams over this season.

“I’m always humbled and will be forever thankful for the passion and appreciation that you show our talented men and women.

“The love and respect you demonstrate to our whole NUFC community at every game makes such an impact on our results – and makes us such formidable opponent.Thank you.”

Staveley is expected back on Tyneside for tomorrow, where we take on Borussia Dortmund in our third Group F game in the UEFA Champions League. Bring it on!

Wasn’t sure where to post this, and don’t normally like to indulge in what aboutery as the criticisms of Saudi are valid. It does seem though other sports get a bit of an easier ride in regards to sportswashing accusations than football. Maybe not golf, but certainly boxing and mma.

Interview with Tyson Fury, where he goes out his way to praise Saudi and even MBS himself.

https://youtu.be/KxDYUZ8FbTM?si=VxxnP7M9Q4ZOzuB9

Edited by Rafalove