PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

10 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Right on my doorstep that. Highly doubt it but would rather they built it on the racecourse than build on the wooded land, it's where I take the dog for a walk and it's lush there.

No chance of building on the woods it’s SSSI. Only option is the racecourse or Parklands. Racecourse would be viable as it’s already owned by the Ruebens

2 minutes ago, LordJake said:

No chance of building on the woods it’s SSSI. Only option is the racecourse or Parklands. Racecourse would be viable as it’s already owned by the Ruebens

:thup: Seems a bit off as I would imagine both are profitable. Maybe there's a part that means they can keep everything.

5 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

:thup: Seems a bit off as I would imagine both are profitable. Maybe there's a part that means they can keep everything.

Parklands will be I’d imagine. Racecourse will be floated by RacingUK money. The only meetings they will make money otherwise would be the plate, fighting fifth and ladies day and they have all diminished in stature once it went all weather 

11 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Where do they put the race course?

That was my first thought as well. Training complex is where everything happens pretty much and as such needs to be locked down from general public, including the horsey types.

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

Right on my doorstep that. Highly doubt it but would rather they built it on the racecourse than build on the wooded land, it's where I take the dog for a walk and it's lush there.

I hate stuff like this too if I'm honest. You can't just flatten nice areas with woodland etc.

11 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Yeah, but if he included Man City then what he wrote was nonsense.

Probably the most powerful club in England over the last decade. Puts them in the big 6 like. Don't confuse that with being a big club.

Edited by madras

2 hours ago, leffe186 said:

Hang on, who are the PL’s “big six cartel”?

Spurs are one of the clubs who keep the racket going.  Obviously that’s not the fault of Spurs supporters, but the club has done more than all except Liverpool to screw us both during and after the takeover. 

:lol: Stop!

Unbelievable said that if Man City won the case then that would be against the Big 6 Cartel. Then…presumably he doesn’t think Man City are part of the big 6 cartel? That’s all.

1 minute ago, leffe186 said:

Unbelievable said that if Man City won the case then that would be against the Big 6 Cartel. Then…presumably he doesn’t think Man City are part of the big 6 cartel? That’s all.

It’s a sensitive subject round these parts :) 

14 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Yeah, but if he included Man City then what he wrote was nonsense.

“He” would be me, so feel free to explain why it would be nonsense. I’d argue the top six have more vested interest in keeping the status quo as is than to see City punished severely at the expense of losing their carefully crafted, anti-competitive, market manipulation mechanisms. In fact, it gives the other five some leverage over City, which may come in handy in the future. The whole thing stinks, as evidenced by Everton and (probably) Bournemouth getting slaughtered for spending a bit too much of their own(ers) money.

4 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Ah right, I'm pretty sure he meant others in the big 6.

Edited by madras

Just now, madras said:

Ah right, I'm pretty sure he meant others in the big.

Pretty clear in my speculative theory City are perhaps the biggest winners of all in that scenario. They would get to keep their titles AND the advantage they’ve got from their overspend, which will continue to give them an edge for a long time going forward. Plus they’d get to keep FFP, FMV and all that nonsense to stop the likes of us doing as they have done without suffering any repercussions.

5 hours ago, Infatuation Junkie said:

I don’t think we will ever be big enough to fully compete.

no wonder we were bought on the cheap

I disagree with this, we will be massive.

Iconic city with one team, iconic stadium, iconic strip.

Just got to be patient for 2 years.

Just my view.

1 minute ago, Unbelievable said:

Pretty clear in my speculative theory City are perhaps the biggest winners of all in that scenario. They would get to keep their titles AND the advantage they’ve got from their overspend, which will continue to give them an edge for a long time going forward. Plus they’d get to keep FFP, FMV and all that nonsense to stop the likes of us doing as they have done without suffering any repercussions.

Yeah but I think you said (haven't read the post myself) it would he a victory against the Big 6, implying there's a big 6 with Man City outside of it.

Let’s approach this in another manner: in whose interest would it be to allow City to challenge FFP if they were so inclined? The PL? The big six minus City? The big six including City..?

Answer: none of the above.

5 minutes ago, Charlies said:

Harbottle park in NE6, or the  old ground site nearby. You heard it here first :lol: 

The park in Byker?  I’d be surprised if they got permission there.  It’s not exactly filled with green field sites round that neck of the woods

6 minutes ago, Mountain said:

I disagree with this, we will be massive.

Iconic city with one team, iconic stadium, iconic strip.

Just got to be patient for 2 years.

Just my view.

The current rules and regs need to be taken down for this to occur.  At the moment, we’re boxed in.  It’s hard to see how we grow much from next season. 

5 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

“He” would be me, so feel free to explain why it would be nonsense. I’d argue the top six have more vested interest in keeping the status quo as is than to see City punished severely at the expense of losing their carefully crafted, anti-competitive, market manipulation mechanisms. In fact, it gives the other five some leverage over City, which may come in handy in the future. The whole thing stinks, as evidenced by Everton and (probably) Bournemouth getting slaughtered for spending a bit too much of their own(ers) money.

Ach, was just suggesting that Man City being stripped of their titles and/or demoted a few divisions couldn’t possibly be good for Man City.

Football stinks in general. FFP in principle doesn’t stink, because it was introduced to try to address some real problems, but it has obviously been corrupted and exploited.

It’s especially frustrating for us because we saw Chelsea win the lottery, and then Man City win the lottery, while we worked like crazy for several years to build it up from the ground. We’re obviously part of the “Big Six” now.

2 hours ago, madras said:

Northumberland piper is proper hidden away.

Currently shut until Feb tho - as previous owner and the north kenton / fawdon radge packets had it under constant watch from the polis. Not the best place for an illicit rendezvous when vans are getting torched outside

Would the Stadium if Light site be big enough for the training complex ? I know it's on Wearside but it would stop those annoying kids hanging about who kick off when they don't get a selfie with someone and we practically own it anyway.

Edited by madras