PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

17 minutes ago, RS said:

Widely reported in the press that they FORMALLY withdrew their bid on 30th July 2020. It has NEVER been reported they were FORMALLY back in. 

Wow, some strangely selective bits of memory there!

On inumerable occasions the Consortium have stated that all three parts of their group are still attempting to complete the already agreed purchase of NUFC. 

Why would you choose to ignore that?

2 minutes ago, manorpark said:

Wow, some strangely selective bits of memory there!

On inumerable occasions the Consortium have stated that all three parts of their group are still attempting to complete the already agreed purchase of NUFC. 

Why would you choose to ignore that?

Show me the PIF. 

45 minutes ago, RS said:

Widely reported in the press that they FORMALLY withdrew their bid on 30th July 2020. It has NEVER been reported they were FORMALLY back in. 

They made a public statement that their bid had been withdrawn, that is not formal.

The fact is we just don't know what happened then, and what has happened since, formally but all of the formal elements of the deal that information is publicly available about (the holding companies and £150m loan agreement) are still in place and we know from court documents that the Saudi's interest continued until at least September.

11 minutes ago, Consortium of one said:

Stavely has said a lot of things.  None have come true.  She's like that little yappy dog that nips at your ankle.  If you ignore it, it gets bored and walks away.

I think that is just about the most totally inaccurate (and positively 'weird') description of an individual that I have ever heard, or read.

33 minutes ago, Consortium of one said:

Stavely has said a lot of things.  None have come true.  She's like that little yappy dog that nips at your ankle.  If you ignore it, it gets bored and walks away.

I don’t see how any of our fans would turn against her, she’s trying to buy the club with an unbelievable amount of wealth behind her, how any of this is her fault I don’t know.

Also who in their right mind would stand there and ignore a dog nipping your ankle until it got bored? It would be getting booted up the ringer at the first offence. 

Edited by MickMack

1 hour ago, Jackie Broon said:

They made a public statement that their bid had been withdrawn, that is not formal.

The fact is we just don't know what happened then, and what has happened since, formally but all of the formal elements of the deal that information is publicly available about (the holding companies and £150m loan agreement) are still in place and we know from court documents that the Saudi's interest continued until at least September.

Have PIF made a public statement saying they’re back in?  Thought it was just the consortium of 2 hoping they could tempt them back if Ashley’s case is successful. 

46 minutes ago, MickMack said:

I don’t see how any of our fans would turn against her, she’s trying to buy the club with an unbelievable amount of wealth behind her, how any of this is her fault I don’t know.

Also who in their right mind would stand there and ignore a dog nipping your ankle until it got bored? It would be getting booted up the ringer at the first offence. 

It is a bit strange that she comes in for so much stick. For what? Being determined to buy us with two different backers now? It's not like any of the other tyre kickers have turned out to be better prospects. 

Personally I quite like that she's shown some passion and commitment. If there's someone else out there by all means, come on down and spend the £300m and breeze through the PL O&D test. 

14 minutes ago, RS said:

Have PIF made a public statement saying they’re back in?  Thought it was just the consortium of 2 hoping they could tempt them back if Ashley’s case is successful. 

No, but they clearly were formally back in August-September, after their public statement that they were out. My point is that a public statement is not "formal" and the formal position is not known.

16 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

No, but they clearly were formally back in August-September, after their public statement that they were out. My point is that a public statement is not "formal" and the formal position is not known.

Tricky one. The media reported it as a formal withdrawal, as did the premier league. Hard To know if any of the parties are truthful though.

11 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Tricky one. The media reported it as a formal withdrawal, as did the premier league. Hard To know if any of the parties are truthful though.

The media only had the public statement from PIF to go on.  It's clear that it didn't end their formal interest, both court documents and leaks from within our government show that their involvement and the PL's consideration of the O&D test did continue beyond that public announcement, at least until September. 

14 minutes ago, RS said:

I would have thought the fact it actually happened made it formal. Hence Ashley’s legal case for losses. 

The CAT case is for either loss of the sale or loss of opportunity of immediate sale, it also seeks an injunction to require the PL to withdraw or reconsider it's decision. Which suggests their is still the opportunity of selling to the consortium, or was when the claim was submitted in May.

13 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

The media only had the public statement from PIF to go on.  It's clear that it didn't end their formal interest, both court documents and leaks from within our government show that their involvement and the PL's consideration of the O&D test did continue beyond that public announcement, at least until September. 

The Premier League said that the consortium formally withdrew. To what benefit would they say that without a rebuttal from PIF?

22 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

The Premier League said that the consortium formally withdrew. To what benefit would they say that without a rebuttal from PIF?

Are you referring to their letter to Chi Onwurah in which Masters said that PIF "voluntarily withdrew from the process"? That letter was dated 14th August 2020, we know from the CAT case summary that:

"The Claim states that the Defendant exercised its power to block the Proposed Takeover when it decided between June and September 2020 that the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia would be a director exercising “control” over NUFC, for the purposes of the Rules"

On 7th September Boris Johnson reportedly had this conversation with Lord Lister:

Johnson: "Any news from Saudi?"

Lister: "A call is being set up. The Newcastle deal will hopefully be signed this week."

Johnson: "Brilliant."

PIF clearly were still in for us and the O&D test process was still ongoing until at least September.

41 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Are you referring to their letter to Chi Onwurah in which Masters said that PIF "voluntarily withdrew from the process"? That letter was dated 14th August 2020, we know from the CAT case summary that:

"The Claim states that the Defendant exercised its power to block the Proposed Takeover when it decided between June and September 2020 that the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia would be a director exercising “control” over NUFC, for the purposes of the Rules"

On 7th September Boris Johnson reportedly had this conversation with Lord Lister:

Johnson: "Any news from Saudi?"

Lister: "A call is being set up. The Newcastle deal will hopefully be signed this week."

Johnson: "Brilliant."

PIF clearly were still in for us and the O&D test process was still ongoing until at least September.

Hang on, your argument was that nothing has been formal around the announcement. I’m just saying it was formal. Whether they’re back in or not isn’t massively relevant to this conversation. 

however, you’re not showing anything formal either. That “claim” comes from Ashley, a proven liar.

39 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Hang on, your argument was that nothing has been formal around the announcement. I’m just saying it was formal. Whether they’re back in or not isn’t massively relevant to this conversation. 

however, you’re not showing anything formal either. That “claim” comes from Ashley, a proven liar.

My point around the public announcement was that public announcements are not formal.

The formal process of withdrawing from the deal would be separate and behind the scenes.

That public statement in reality holds no weight and there is no requirement on them to have actually formally withdrawn from the deal.

On top of that there is evidence in the documents of a court case, leaks from government and documents on Companies House that the deal was still alive until at least September.