PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

1 minute ago, Unbelievable said:

Incredible and exactly what I expected to see. 

Matchday_revenue.jpg

We just hit £38m in the last accounts, slightly above our previous peak which was pre-Ashley. That will go up considerably again in 2023/24 due to the Champions League matches, but we're still paying for his incompetence with people locked in to low cost schemes.

4 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

It's crazy. It's why I think we should have the right to go to the PL etc and say "here's the sort of revenue this club is able to generate when run properly".

Haven't searched for the most recent overall revenue (not just shirt sponsors) but I bet it's absolutely dwarved.

I'm sure they already realise it, but you have to factor in that the PL at this point is basically being sponsored by the cartel clubs, and you have to wonder how objective they can be?

How are they being “sponsored”? I mean it’s clear the “big” clubs have a massive influence on their policies and behaviour, so not doubting their lack of objectivity, but you’d imagine it’s in their interest to make the league as successful as possible. A stale product where the same teams always finish in roughly the same positions, and where challengers are actively discouraged, does not equal (commercial) success you’d expect.

41 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

How are they being “sponsored”? I mean it’s clear the “big” clubs have a massive influence on their policies and behaviour, so not doubting their lack of objectivity, but you’d imagine it’s in their interest to make the league as successful as possible. A stale product where the same teams always finish in roughly the same positions, and where challengers are actively discouraged, does not equal (commercial) success you’d expect.

Pretty sure if you pulled each of them aside you'd hear that the Premier League already has too much parity (City's dominance notwithstanding) and they'd point to Spain, France, and Germany as comparisons. Six spots for four places already puts a huge part of the business model at risk. They desperately want to pull up the drawbridge before that number expands to 7 or 8. 

19 minutes ago, TBG said:

Hear me out, we join the Scottish League, spend a pittance to win it and get regular Champions League.

[emoji38] Just a small £120M or so problem with that idea.

10 hours ago, Infatuation Junkie said:

Let’s face facts here. We are fucked. Proper fucked. We will sit 3/4 up the table for eternity

Not at all. We've increased revenue by 40% in each of the last two years. That's absolutely massive growth, we'll catch up with the heavy hitters sooner rather than later 

6 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Berwick Rangers are a warning from history on that front :) 

Spent a few years in "The Duckett" with the Berwick, er, "aggro" 😂

Tbf I attended Shieldfield more often for the speedway than the football. 

Pitch inside the race track, a la Gateshead didn't help. 

Just now, Isaksbigrightfoot said:

The training ground being one that is going to be sponsored and another shirt sponsor apparently aswell.

The club are not considering the stadium sponsor yet.

This will be great for next season.

Only surprising thing is how slow we are. The gap we have to bridge is huge and only way we compete is due to these deals which I appreciate are unpopular. 

4 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Only surprising thing is how slow we are. The gap we have to bridge is huge and only way we compete is due to these deals which I appreciate are unpopular. 

Re the stadium sponsor I guess the question to ask the fans is. Do you want success. If so we need the income from sponsoring the iconic stadium.

1 minute ago, Isaksbigrightfoot said:

Re the stadium sponsor I guess the question to ask the fans is. Do you want success. If so we need the income from sponsoring the iconic stadium.

We don’t even have to go as far as touching the stadium at this point; training ground and training kit is such low hanging fruit though. 

3 minutes ago, Isaksbigrightfoot said:

Everything at the club should be up for sponsorship if we are to compete.

Guest reefatoon
9 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Are we being slow though? Or is it because of everything going through the fair market value crap with the premier league.