PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

4 minutes ago, TBG said:

Newcastle x3, Metro Centre, Wallsend x2, Gateshead, Riyadh x100, Ponteland. 

And millions of billions of stores in Cewnty Derham so that Wearside! is surrounded like the Stalingrad Kessel

2 hours ago, timeEd32 said:

This is what we're up against: https://en.psg.fr/fans/official-stores

Stores in London, NYC (on 5th Avenue), LA, Vegas, Miami, Toronto, Tokyo (x3), Doha, Seoul, and more.

Aye, I have been mentioning that a bit recently.

I’d hope that if PSG decided to open up a store here, it wouldn’t last very long.

Edited by Stifler

The PSG is like the M&M store, just anywhere there are tourists. They also have the Jordan link-up now for the fashion people. Hopefully we’ll never be like PSG, actually I don’t think any PL club could be. 

My favourite comparisons would be Spurs and Arsenal… the former having a massive megastore and the latter having some really good locations next to tube stations etc.

And of course Arsenal tend to get the best adidas designers, which hopefully we can emulate. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

Need one at the ground, one in Eldon Square and Monument Mall converted back to how it used to be so I can relive my youth of Christmas 2004, picking out the below in that club store:

51NDC7YcsFL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

image.thumb.png.67153b7d99ab7a3eb5a799f08f6cb582.png

It's disgusting how men only want one thing. 

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

It's the way football is heading. Not really a bad thing imo.

Dunno like, I hate everything psg is [emoji38]

But we either try and compete with such beasts, or be left behind with tradiotionailsts.

There's a happy medium between what the club currently offers and doing a PSG. It'd be cool to get something going with Adidas that means there's some genuinely interesting items available to drive more casual interest and purchases aside from the obvious of kits, training gear etc.

Not that I'll probably stump up the cash for such items but I'm sure many would if they put some genuine time and effort in. 

3 minutes ago, wormy said:

There's a happy medium between what the club currently offers and doing a PSG. It'd be cool to get something going with Adidas that means there's some genuinely interesting items available to drive more casual interest and purchases aside from the obvious of kits, training gear etc.

Not that I'll probably stump up the cash for such items but I'm sure many would if they put some genuine time and effort in. 

There are 3 massive Adidas retail locations within walking distance of where I'm currently sitting in Toronto. When we were previously working with Adidas, I was able to get most gear, kits, etc from those locations. At our club scale, it'd make more sense to have a NUFC store within those locations over a standalone retail space outside of the Toon.

I guess there are too many competing interests among the clubs and kit suppliers, but feels like a massive missed opportunity that there aren't official Premier League stores all over the world. 

1 hour ago, NE27 said:

Dunno like, I hate everything psg is [emoji38]

But we either try and compete with such beasts, or be left behind with tradiotionailsts.

I'll be honest with you.

We are in the same boat. As a fanbase we would love to be a BVB type club... but we are a Man City type club.

image.thumb.png.1b45d3f7b4971f133072ef894f2008f8.png

1 hour ago, wormy said:

I believe Adidas have tiers or something. Like Arsenal are in the top tier. So there's clearly more finance and effort involved in designs and pieces.

1 hour ago, bobbydazzla said:

And millions of billions of stores in Cewnty Derham so that Wearside! is surrounded like the Stalingrad Kessel

KLD starring as their very own Field Marshall Paulus.

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

I believe Adidas have tiers or something. Like Arsenal are in the top tier. So there's clearly more finance and effort involved in designs and pieces.

And we are also in that tier. I think what will be available from June will make it obvious how second rate everything was with Castore (and Ashley).

1 minute ago, Groundhog63 said:

Small beans that shit THIS is what we're up against... 

CkQOYpLXEAAZCaN.thumb.jpg.4ccff73658ba2b1accecc1d5e05706b8.jpg

The worst thing is that does actually look like a better selection of tat than NUFC currently offers. :lol:

But yeah, has it come from anywhere official/trustworthy that we're slotting in to that Elite tier with the likes of Arsenal? Heard it so often I just assumed that it had come from a sound source. 

I don't know where it started honesty, but it's been reported widely at this point.

I did also see somewhere there are even levels within the Elite group and we'll be at the bottom with Flamengo. I think all that means is we won't get quite as much custom stuff as the likes of Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, and Man United. Fair enough.