PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

12 minutes ago, Menace said:

They have huge investments in the city don't they? Probably use that as leverage for future investments/projects I'd imagine.

Yeah, they probably own all of the land in Newcastle city centre that is ripe for development, plus the Horse racing, and dog racing tracks.

2 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Yeah, they probably own all of the land in Newcastle city centre that is ripe for development, plus the Horse racing, and dog racing tracks.

Sounds like a modern day mafioso.

17 minutes ago, Myleftboot said:

Sounds like a modern day mafioso.

Reubens reputed to be worth £18+Billion!

Edit: Just checked £24 Billion according to google

Edited by FloydianMag

Not sure why anyone would want the Reubens to fuck off, big investors in the City and loaning Staveley money to keep her part of it, some folk can be very short sighted especially when Yasir mentioned them as a key reason they chose to invest in first place.

On 20/02/2024 at 09:56, Shearergol said:

Assume her stake is just going to get more and more diluted until she becomes an employee rather than part owner.

23 hours ago, gbandit said:

Bit gutting for her and the fans if that happens like. I see her as the heart of the club really, certainly at senior level. Eddie is also the heart but I like the idea of there being a mainstay that cares passionately at senior level. She’s someone who desperately wants to make a success of this 

The value of her shareholding doesn’t change, she’s diluted as she can’t keep up with PIF’s input of funding. She was aware this would happen at the beginning and said so herself.  She’s a minority shareholder with a management contract from PIF - nothing in terms of share proportion changes any of that.  I wouldn’t be crying too many tears over it. 

49 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Not sure why anyone would want the Reubens to fuck off, big investors in the City and loaning Staveley money to keep her part of it, some folk can be very short sighted especially when Yasir mentioned them as a key reason they chose to invest in first place.

I enjoy watching famous tax dodgers getting contracts to build new HMRC buildings in the city.  Irony means far more than propriety to me. 

8 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I enjoy watching famous tax dodgers getting contracts to build new HMRC buildings in the city.  Irony means far more than propriety to me. 

Irony aside they're no different to other club's tax dodgers. 

On 20/02/2024 at 23:16, Whitley mag said:

Tory cunts and tax dodgers.

4 hours ago, El Prontonise said:

Tory cunts and tax dodgers.

Staveley herself comes from a Conservative family, and her father is a large land owner through generational wealth, and lineage through the royal family.

1 minute ago, Stifler said:

Staveley herself comes from a Conservative family, and her father is a large land owner through generational wealth, and lineage through the royal family.

Yes I know, and the point is?

Edited by El Prontonise

14 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

It’s one sentence but no i can’t educate me ?

First and second clause of the sentence then. 

Basically someone or something having an influence on the wellbeing of a city, good or bad, is political. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

14 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

First and second clause of the sentence then. 

Basically someone or something having an influence on the wellbeing of a city, good or bad, is political. 

Maybe politics are at play, but I don’t particularly worry about where the money comes from, if it benefits the club/city and creates jobs that’s enough for me. 

6 hours ago, huss9 said:

yes but hopefully they'll increase investment on our city.

1 hour ago, Whitley mag said:

Always best to try and separate football from politics, the fact remain there good for the club and city.

If those cunts - and people like them - paid their taxes we wouldn’t need ‘investment’

1 hour ago, Stifler said:

My point is that by the same token surely you want her nowhere near the club as well.

In an ideal world I wouldn’t.  She’s a Tory who made her name and money schmoozing human rights abusers.  I can deal with them being competent owners, but I’m not going to ‘like’ them. 

23 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

If those cunts - and people like them - paid their taxes we wouldn’t need ‘investment’

just because its in the treasury pot doesnt mean its being sent up here. we already know that.

13 minutes ago, huss9 said:

just because its in the treasury pot doesnt mean its being sent up here. we already know that.

It isn’t - because of other Tories dotted around England.  Almost as if Tories are the problem. 

Edited by TheBrownBottle

Newcastle United co-owner Amanda Staveley will ask the High Court to block a billionaire from bankrupting her on Wednesday.

As revealed by the Daily Telegraph last summer, Staveley has been plunged into a multi-million pound legal battle with Greek shipping tycoon Victor Restis over claims she failed to repay a loan of more than £35 million dating back more than a decade.

Lawyers for Staveley applied to the High Court in June to have a statutory demand issued by Restis “set aside” – a move that would prevent him from presenting her with a bankruptcy order if the debt is not paid within 21 days.

A hearing is listed at the Insolvencies and Companies Court in London in front of Judge Daniel at 11.30am, with Amanda Louise Staveley the case name.

Restis also issued PCP Capital Partners LLP, a dormant company listing Staveley as a director, with a winding-up petition. PCP Capital Partners LLP – which sources said had not traded for five years – changed its name to Apollo Belvedere Services LLP on June 23, according to Companies House filings.

The Greek businessman had been previously lined up as a witness for Staveley during a £1.5 billion court battle with Barclays over her role in an emergency rescue of the bank during the financial crisis, although her lawyers later said that his evidence was no longer required.

Staveley failed to secure damages in the Barclays case in a judgment three years ago, while she was helping Saudi Arabia’s sovereign wealth fund acquire Newcastle.

Restis was also previously a director at Manchester City, straddling the ownership of the club by former Thai prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra and its takeover by Sheikh Mansour in 2008.

The Restis Group lists Restis as one of the most important and influential shipping personalities worldwide, and he has been named by industry bible Lloyd’s List as one of the ‘‘100 most influential people in shipping’’. His other business interests include banking and financial services, media, hotels and telecommunications.

A statutory demand is a formal ultimatum for payment of a debt within 21 days. If the debt is not paid or set aside by judges within that period, non-payment can be used to petition the court for a bankruptcy order.

Forsters, the Mayfair law firm representing Staveley, is understood to have advised the Yorkshire-born executive it is confident a bankruptcy order could not be served while the debt is in dispute. But representatives for Restis disagreed.

His spokesman said: “Mr Restis has instructed Francis Wilks & Jones solicitors to recover an outstanding balance on a loan dating from 2008 from Amanda Staveley and any application by her legal representatives to set aside our client’s statutory demand totalling £36,841,287 (plus continuing daily interest) will be vigorously opposed.”

A spokesman for Staveley declined to comment on the dispute last year, since when it has been reported her case is the debt related to a £10 million equity investment made by Restis in 2008, and that £7 million was repaid, leaving £3 million.

Newcastle’s latest accounts released last month revealed the club loaned Staveley £659,000 for legal fees in August, having also let her borrow £600,000 in November 2022.