PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

I wonder if we are waiting for the Ministry in Longbenton to become available. A nice big site to develop, big enough for both the training ground, and academy.

I’ve also heard about the old Sage building Great Park, although that site looks like it might be rather tight to squeeze everything on.

If PIF do buy the Falcons, then surely Kingston Park becomes a stadium that they develop?

18 minutes ago, Stifler said:

I wonder if we are waiting for the Ministry in Longbenton to become available. A nice big site to develop, big enough for both the training ground, and academy.

I’ve also heard about the old Sage building Great Park, although that site looks like it might be rather tight to squeeze everything on.

If PIF do buy the Falcons, then surely Kingston Park becomes a stadium that they develop?

Isn’t the ministry touted for residential after the knock-down?

25 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Ministry is too accessible for Adam P and his lot

1 hour ago, Whitley mag said:

New training ground announcement imminent if you believe the craic with site now chosen.

Never an easy task with the NIMBY challenges any major building work faces. Awaiting updated newt watch reports from the chosen site.

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Wonder if they got the Falcons, if they could use their books for a massive joint world-class training complex or something rather than NUFC's.

Why bother?

Training complex and other infrastructure doesn’t hit FFP

1 minute ago, Hudson said:

Yet 

They won’t do it. Clubs like Man Utd still need to redevelop Old Trafford, and their training academy.

Like I have also said previously, some of the stands built for all seaters, and even some of the new stadiums are coming up to 40 years old in the next few years. Some of the younger stadiums are about 25 years old, even Arsenal’s stadium will be 20 years old in a couple of years. They will all be due some TLC soon enough.

16 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

Wonder what a post season friendly over there against a Saudi league xi as our Adidas launch could make us. Sports wash the fuck out of the whole event

£10m payment.

A huge part of me is now starting to think a lot of our initial excitement needs to be tempered and those still persisting with in are doing so with huge dollops of wishful thinking.

2 hours ago, Jack27 said:

this feels potentially significant for us but I’m not sure how yet

Sela x Adidas 

Adidas didn’t fancy paying us £40m a year for our shirts sponsorship, and possibly not have us as an elite team yet.

Sela say to Adidas that they will sign a sponsorship with Adidas that makes up the shortfall in valuations.

1 hour ago, Hovagod said:

A huge part of me is now starting to think a lot of our initial excitement needs to be tempered and those still persisting with in are doing so with huge dollops of wishful thinking.

Eh? We are competing in the top-third of the Premier League with a great manager, a team that includes genuinely talented players, a real infrastructure growing inside the club, and an active interest in getting better. We have a chance of winning every week, which also means there is a real chance of finally winning a trophy and we were just in the Champions League for the first time in two decades.

If your initial excitement was visions of seven PL titles within the first 15 years a la Man City then yeah, rein it in. Seems pretty great from where I'm sitting though.

1 hour ago, timeEd32 said:

Eh? We are competing in the top-third of the Premier League with a great manager, a team that includes genuinely talented players, a real infrastructure growing inside the club, and an active interest in getting better. We have a chance of winning every week, which also means there is a real chance of finally winning a trophy and we were just in the Champions League for the first time in two decades.

If your initial excitement was visions of seven PL titles within the first 15 years a la Man City then yeah, rein it in. Seems pretty great from where I'm sitting though.

This!  :indi:

Edited by PauloGeordio

17 hours ago, Hovagod said:

We're playing the long game, we're just sticking to the rules and letting the rest of the league strangle itself with FFP. Either the FFP chains will be loosened eventually or we'll get to a financial position where it doesn't really restrict us much.

The number of clubs that are turning against FFP is gradually increasing and we're the only club in the league other than Man City with the ability to really inflate our income to get around FFP (provided that we don't get sloppy with email trails and hacked), that is clearly happening (e.g. the Sela-Adidas partnership).

Just back to the Adidas sponsorship deal. 

I'm guessing companies like Adidas will have divisions worldwide where they decide where to spend the money. Do we reckon our deal was a Middle-East/Saudi Arabian pick, or European?

I know in the documentary we went to Germany but probably more to do with PR.

Was just thinking there. 

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Just back to the Adidas sponsorship deal. 

I'm guessing companies like Adidas will have divisions worldwide where they decide where to spend the money. Do we reckon our deal was a Middle-East/Saudi Arabian pick, or European?

I know in the documentary we went to Germany but probably more to do with PR.

Was just thinking there. 

Hard to answer but NUFC has huge potential as a brand - then there’s links to PIF which take you to Saudi and it’s 30m young population - then 4 PIF clubs to potentially sponsor as the national team