Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

21 minutes ago, STM said:

Wrong thread but the idea that the might sell us is absolutely ridiculous.

14 years of Ashley looks like it's had the effect on the mindset of a lot of fans, that nothing but negative things will ever happen to the club. Of course they would'nt sell, relegation has been in the background throughout the duration of their takeover attempt..

Edited by et tu brute

4 minutes ago, GWN said:

Trouble is Yorkie there’s no guarantee we would get get back to the PL and they could just get bored and sell .

Very conceivably could happen.

Ive always advocated never wanting relegation , however I can’t see any other outcome now.

Wouldn't bother me in the slightest. RB & PCP will just find another partner. The main thing was to get rid of Ashley. 

7 minutes ago, GWN said:

Trouble is Yorkie there’s no guarantee we would get get back to the PL and they could just get bored and sell .

Ive always advocated never wanting relegation , however I can’t see any other outcome now.

If they sell us in the Championship they'd be making a big loss. If they were arsed about that. 

7 minutes ago, GWN said:

I think we'd almost certainly come straight back up.

1 minute ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

If they sell us in the Championship they'd be making a big loss. If they were arsed about that. 

It's not about the loss of money for them - it's the loss of reputation, "face" and that everyone would be laughing at them. They won't allow relegation for that reason, if you ask me.

19 minutes ago, STM said:

I love the absolute conviction that Fonesca would be a better appointment than Martinez, despite very little evidence to suggest so.

Is it because Fonseca or Favre haven't been in this league therefore represent a hope that they will be mint?

There's equal chance of either of those being absolute flops.

I include myself in being someone preferring Favre/Fonseca FWIW.

For me it’s because I know Martinez is shit I don’t know if the others are.

Just now, Emotic said:

It's not about the loss of money for them - it's the loss of reputation, "face" and that everyone would be laughing at them. They won't allow relegation for that reason, if you ask me.

I dont think PIF will allow second best at all. I'm sure they will increase the January transfer budget and salaries until they get the management team they want.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

For me it’s because I know Martinez is shit I don’t know if the others are.

Is Martinez "shit" though? Or is it worth taking some perspective?

He's not my preference either but I think it's a fair to suggest that Favre or Fonseca represent and equal risk. In fact, some might suggest that Martinez at least know the league, for whatever that's worth.

Devils advocate.

28 minutes ago, maze said:

Whatever appointment that keeps us up, really. Days are passing, games are played, unless we start climbing it’s all in vain. 

Do you think, had we appointed say, Lampard, we'd have more points now ?

2 minutes ago, STM said:

Is Martinez "shit" though? Or is it worth taking some perspective?

He's not my preference either but I think it's a fair to suggest that Favre or Fonseca represent and equal risk. In fact, some might suggest that Martinez at least know the league, for whatever that's worth.

Devils advocate.

I never rated him before Belgium and im now concerned that it must be 4/5 years or more since he was in club football, if he was poor before I don’t see how he has improved since.

I still think Gerrard would be a better "impact" manager. Sometimes you need a personality and a statesman, as much as a coach. Could someone like Gerrard motivate the players, in the short term, better than a Favre or Fonseca type?

Not that it will be Gerrard like. Just sparking food for thought.

5 minutes ago, madras said:

Do you think, had we appointed say, Lampard, we'd have more points now ?

Mate , it’s a shit argument, who knows? Let’s just get someone in , back them and see what happens eh? 

1 hour ago, manorpark said:

In all my many years on this forum, that is the most "removed from actual reality" post that I have ever read.

I was one of the very few on here that didn’t take PIF’s public statement withdrawing their interest in the cub on face value and continued to argue with the likes of FB and JL that there was a possibility that they were still interested in buying us even when just about everyone thought the takeover was dead and buried.

There were things that led me to believe that could be a possibility, I did not state it was the case because I didn’t know, I just said I thought it was possible. FB, JL and the like simply dismissed that, treating their opinion that PIF had gone as fact, rather than accepting that there could be more than one possibility.

That is what you are doing now. You come across as someone completely unwilling or unable to see that there is more that one side to and argument, more than one possibility outside of your opinion, the archetype of the Dunning-Kruger effect.

Just like PIF’s statement about withdrawing their interest, I also don’t simply take the statements about this being a long term project on face value. It is obviously going to take some time to turn us into a competitive club, but that long term will not be an unlimited one, relegation would put that project back and they would make an analysis of where it is worth continuing with it or not.

PIF are ruthless, they have cut losses on multi-billion investments in the past, it’s incredibly naive to discount any possibility of that in our case.

I’m not saying that would be the case, just that it is one possibility, my response was in the context of some people saying relegation might not be all that bad.

Edited by Jackie Broon

4 minutes ago, STM said:

I still think Gerrard would be a better "impact" manager. Sometimes you need a personality and a statesman, as much as a coach. Could someone like Gerrard motivate the players, in the short term, better than a Favre or Fonseca type?

Not that it will be Gerrard like. Just sparking food for thought.

I’ve thought this for some time. I genuinely believe we need a personality, a leader, a talisman…probably more so than we need a master tactician (at the moment).

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I never rated him before Belgium and im now concerned that it must be 4/5 years or more since he was in club football, if he was poor before I don’t see how he has improved since.

42% win ratio at Everton, finished 5th before being sacked (the season previous), got them into 2 semi finals too.

I'm not advocating for him, I'm just throwing out there the idea that Favre or Fonseca may not have faired better.

1 minute ago, STM said:

42% win ratio at Everton, finished 5th before being sacked (the season previous), got them into 2 semi finals too.

I'm not advocating for him, I'm just throwing out there the idea that Favre or Fonseca may not have faired better.

Yeah it’s a valid point, I’m also concerned (and this is based on nothing) that he might stay on as Belgium manager whilst managing us.

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Yeah it’s a valid point, I’m also concerned (and this is based on nothing) that he might stay on as Belgium manager whilst managing us.

Shouldn't be touching him in that scenario.

8 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

Seriously. If this is what we’re like after being bought out by these guys then the next few seasons are going to be a nightmare on here.

Just fucking calm down

Mate it years and years of Ashley that have us a bubbling mess [emoji38]

I get what you mean, I haven’t stopped pissing the bedsheets since 5pm yesterday [emoji38]

Edited by GWN

We are nearly all impatient fickle fucks. Our very nature, especially coming on here is to pick things apart and Ashley conditioning always drags us to the negatives.

Rafa - will it work a second time, it will taint his memories? Too pragmatic  

Conte - he is a finisher for top teams and can he cope in a relegation scrap?

Favre - defensive questions, he is dull and uninspiring, will ASM stay?

ten Hag - only managed in Holland

Fonseca - dodgy defensive teams

Gerrard - not convinced and he will only leave us for liverpool or England.

Etc..

I doubt there is an appointment that won't bring concerns. The biggest one is just making sure we make aa decision and hire one this week. The sooner someone comes in the sooner we can calm down down get behind them regardless of who it is.