Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

2 minutes ago, Ash2579 said:

Barnes is no better than Gordon 

Hall won’t replace Burn this season

Tino won’t replace Trips

Tonali is the only player that potentially upgrades us, but he’s replaced Longstaff who was integral last year!

Super safe Eddie has got what he wanted!

:lol: To entertain this drivel for a second longer than I need to;

Barnes is guaranteed G&A in the PL. Was poor today, but he is. 

Hall has yet to play a minute for us and signed 5 minutes ago. Whether he replaces Burn is moot, he'll get minutes, is highly rated and will play. Can't make a judgement on him yet.

Livramento will get minutes. He's a good signing. Perhaps a bit overpriced but if we didn't get him we'd have been asking a 32, soon to be 33 year old Trippier to play >40 games.

7 minutes ago, Ash2579 said:

Barnes is no better than Gordon 

Hall won’t replace Burn this season

Tino won’t replace Trips

Tonali is the only player that potentially upgrades us, but he’s replaced Longstaff who was integral last year!

Super safe Eddie has got what he wanted!

WE WERE VIRTUALLY SKINT THIS WINDOW!!!!

What did you want? several £80m players?

15 minutes ago, GlenMag said:

How many games have we lost after taking the lead under Howe? I can't remember any before today 

Liverpool last season at Anfield.

Edit: already mentioned

Edited by Erikse

6 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Much, much better. 

Although I agree that Tonali is better.

Sean Longstaff is seriously underrated on this forum.  Instrumental for us last year.  

1 hour ago, Nobody said:

Almiron who could very well have had a brace today? Where would you even have played Maddison i out starting 433? Or are you saying Howe should have ditched his system thst got us fourth last season? 

That's what I was thinking. Thunder strike and a great save and then off the post, inches from scoring.

Just now, Vinny Green Balls said:

Once again you have totally failed at this negativity you claim to have. Always appreciate your take.

Where I say negativity I mean deep down inside even when we went one nil up I was thinking “this is gonna go wrong, we just don’t beat Liverpool” and very nearly turned it off because of my nerves. Went through a whole bottle of ginger wine watching it.

1 hour ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

Yeah he really botched our top 4 run last year. Shocking lack of bottle 

Well I’m not sure your take is as nuanced as reality suggests it should be. When the pressure of the run-in really ramped up - ie when Liverpool started winning every week - we drew at leeds looking pretty ropey, we played great v Brighton, and we were edgy and a pope wondersave away from a loss against Leicester. We were meek AF in the cup final. We were meek away to city both this and last season. We were wank at home to arsenal last season. We devoured spurs when we needed to and beat Man U at home in a big match. 

His record in big fixtures is mixed. It suggests to me that he isnt quite top table at this stage. Today we didn’t look like a well coached team.

3 minutes ago, dcmk said:

Sean Longstaff is seriously underrated on this forum.  Instrumental for us last year.  

Yes, but that was also partly due to lack of options. That's another reason why we looked poor when he was out. Not completely sold on Joelinton at CM with where we are at right now. I hope Willock will come back strong, I have a lot of faith in him.

Edited by Erikse

1 hour ago, hakka said:

Wtf :lol:

As I’ve said in my other post now, his record in big matches is really mixed. We seem to line up afraid of the bigger sides. That needs to change or he won’t last in the role; it’s denying factual reality to suggest he’s a big game manager. He isn’t, on evidence with us thus far.

3 minutes ago, dcmk said:

Anderson has earned a place off the bench before him in my opinion, at least he’s proven in the summer he can shoot on target. 

Tough couple of games for the boss man. Think he'll be better for it though.

We need a new approach for these calibre of teams IMO.

Would like to see us setup to draw them onto us a bit more,with maybe more of a mid block instead of sitting deep, and look to then counter attack them from there.

We have a lot of players that could really punish these teams in more open space.

Sure we'll try something different next time around. Learning experience.

I've never been a fan of his subs. Too late and like for like for most part, so was excited for this season for him to have a bench to work with, to see if that was the problem. That and his lack of rotation would be forced upon him due to additional games.

Be interesting to see what he does next. He'll be mad as fuck, but isn't the type to dig his players out in front of the cameras. They'll find out how well they played in the dressing room and in training till next weekend.

Sometimes you learn more from the setbacks than you do the wins. I think we can turn the last couple of defeats into positives with reactions from the players, maybe even an unexpected transfer from the board. Mind, someone needs to find out what's going on in Bruno's head as he's just not started this campaign, that and him snapping on SM, makes me think he's not 100% happy. 

Overall shit day, but Eddie is the man to get us back on track. He's brought us back from far worse than this and got us far higher than anyone ever expected. I understand emotions are running high, but the reaction on here towards him is getting close to the entitled shame we said go ourselves we wouldn't be like.

Just now, Theregulars said:

Well I’m not sure your take is as nuanced as reality suggests it should be. When the pressure of the run-in really ramped up - ie when Liverpool started winning every week - we drew at leeds looking pretty ropey, we played great v Brighton, and we were edgy and a pope wondersave away from a loss against Leicester. We were meek AF in the cup final. We were meek away to city both this and last season. We were wank at home to arsenal last season. We devoured spurs when we needed to and beat Man U at home in a big match. 

His record in big fixtures is mixed. It suggests to me that he isnt quite top table at this stage. Today we didn’t look like a well coached team.

That Man U game when we seriously needed a win, and it was one of the most lopsided 2-0's in history.

The proof is still carved in stone that we got there by winning when we absolutely needed it with a ridiculously thin side that pretty much had individuals forced to play more minutes than any other top ten team. It's a hell of an achievement, and you'd have to be a really self entitled loon not to acknowledge it. 

4 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

As I’ve said in my other post now, his record in big matches is really mixed. We seem to line up afraid of the bigger sides. That needs to change or he won’t last in the role; it’s denying factual reality to suggest he’s a big game manager. He isn’t, on evidence with us thus far.

Man U didn’t beat us in the league last season nor did spurs or Chelsea, we got a good point at arsenal and against Man City. Were these not big games?

Edited by Gawalls

1 hour ago, ilikenewcastle said:

Apart from all those times we won big games.

I’ll go through them again:

- cup final: lost 

- CL crunch run-in: Leeds away scabby draw, Leicester home very nervy, Brighton home fantastic 

- last year away games vs sky 6: lost at Liverpool, lost at Man City, drew at arsenal, drew at Manchester United, won at Tottenham, drew at Chelsea - meh record 

- cup semi last year: it gets forgotten but we laboured massively. Adam Armstrong was fucking unlucky not to tie the home leg 1-1.

- last year home games vs sky 6: great draw v city, meek against arsenal, great win against Manchester United, poor loss against Liverpool, good win vs Chelsea, destroyed spurs 

- this year first 2 big games: lost with poor performances.

The point I’m making is, on evidence, his record on big occasions isn’t great. I don’t think it’s as wild a take as you’re making it out to be. This is before we remember all the really disappointing performances last year when we couldn’t score. 

He is a very very good manager, I sense that he isn’t elite. I hope I’m wrong.

2 minutes ago, Dokko said:

I've never been a fan of his subs. Too late and like for like for most part, so was excited for this season for him to have a bench to work with, to see if that was the problem. That and his lack of rotation would be forced upon him due to additional games.

Be interesting to see what he does next. He'll be mad as fuck, but isn't the type to dig his players out in front of the cameras. They'll find out how well they played in the dressing room and in training till next weekend.

Sometimes you learn more from the setbacks than you do the wins. I think we can turn the last couple of defeats into positives with reactions from the players, maybe even an unexpected transfer from the board. Mind, someone needs to find out what's going on in Bruno's head as he's just not started this campaign, that and him snapping on SM, makes me think he's not 100% happy. 

Overall shit day, but Eddie is the man to get us back on track. He's brought us back from far worse than this and got us far higher than anyone ever expected. I understand emotions are running high, but the reaction on here towards him is getting close to the entitled shame we said go ourselves we wouldn't be like.

Agree on the subs and you’re take on Howe - and you take on the entitled sham. Hell that’s your full post isn’t it? Guess I’ll give you a thumbs up then.