Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Exactly, if Guardiola wasn't favourite for the Spain job then I don't see why Howe would be favourite for the England job. Both are top managers doing a great job a their clubs and therefore won't be considering moving into international management. 

Don't think Guardiola thinks of himself as Spanish tbf :lol:

The FA is the worst organisation in the world and has bags and bags of money, so they could do anything. Their first aim will be to avoid any responsibility so my guess is they go for the obvious candidates. 

The money to release Howe wouldn’t bother them one bit. I doubt they’ll go for Potter as he is nether an insider nor has the profile. 

1 hour ago, Collage said:

I think Southgate might be staying. They can point to reaching two finals as success, he’s probably easy to handle, doesn’t make a fuss. Probably liked by most players as well.

Not Gordon I reckon

12 hours ago, The Prophet said:

It's not just the wages, it's releasing him from his contract. 

I'm fairly confident Howe would turn it down regardless. There's a reason you rarely see top flight managers move mid-contract from club to country.

Let’s play devils advocate - say he was offered the job, do you think our owners will play hard ball over the England job? They want to be accepted and popular over here and choose your battles

There's no way Howe takes the England job at this stage in his career. He excels at working day in, day out on the training pitch with the players. Only getting them for a few days every couple months would drive him mental. And the style he likes to play takes a lot of training to implement successfully. 

24 minutes ago, Andy said:

Howe would be mad to take the England job imo. It's a complete poisoned chalice, and also doesn't suit his hands on style either. Couldn't see it going particularly well. 

I dont disagree but he's said he wants that job one day. It's just a question of timing.

Could easily argue he’d be mad NOT to take it. Much higher profile job, probably better wages, much more time to relax, could live wherever he’d fancy. Could also depend on how well settled his wife and kids are here I suppose.

I’m keeping my fingers crossed we won’t have to find out as England look elsewhere.

26 minutes ago, Andy said:

Howe would be mad to take the England job imo. It's a complete poisoned chalice, and also doesn't suit his hands on style either. Couldn't see it going particularly well. 

I think the only was Eddie takes the job is if he feels a sense of duty to accept, which I think there is a chance that he would.

Although I think he'd hate not being involved with the players every day I think he is exactly what England needs, tactically at least.

33 minutes ago, Andy said:

I don't think he'll take it, but you can see the lure of taking charge of this generation of England stars. There's probably never been a better time to take the job if he wants it, which we know he does at some point.

I still think he'd miss the day to day of club football too much though, and Newcastle is too big a job to give up.

4 hours ago, 54 said:

It'll be Carsley imo, which while people would scoff at, wouldn't be a bad appointment, won the under 21's last year, plays fluid and attractive football, and keeps the continuity going for a lot of the players in the squad which the FA are big on.

I haven't seen our U21s play for years so was wondering what the style of play would be like. Would seem the natural progression. 

1 hour ago, WilliamPS said:

The FA is the worst organisation in the world and has bags and bags of money, so they could do anything. Their first aim will be to avoid any responsibility so my guess is they go for the obvious candidates. 

The money to release Howe wouldn’t bother them one bit. I doubt they’ll go for Potter as he is nether an insider nor has the profile. 

i'm old enough to remember the clamour for cloughie - and he was desperate for the job.

Howe doing the England job would have a positive AND a negative for him

On the positive side he can just pick English players wich, we know, he prefers

On the negative side he'd have to move his family and Mad Dog's down to Wembley

Obvs, both notions as daft as eachother

3 minutes ago, Astroblack said:

I just have a feeling we’re going to do something really special this season. Maybe not win a trophy but something like we did two years ago. 

That's my feeling, too. I just think without such a hectic schedule and adding more quality and depth, we'll see the form we showed season before last. Well, I hope so.