Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

We need to do a lot of work in the training ground.

We are nowhere near where we should be. Also after a great defence in his first full season, I’m starting to feel that he is defensively naive as I thought he was before he joined.

We have a lot of work, a lot of work.

I just don't understand what has happened to our press and running from two seasons ago? I presumed last season was down to injuries, as we did it well up until that Man United home game when we blew them away and somehow only won 1-0, ever since then though its been non existent and the early signs this season are that it's not returning .

4 minutes ago, Stifler said:

We need to do a lot of work in the training ground.

We are nowhere near where we should be. Also after a great defence in his first full season, I’m starting to feel that he is defensively naive as I thought he was before he joined.

We have a lot of work, a lot of work.

Did Forest have any chances outside of set pieces? I’m drawing a blank here.

Not seen the game tonight. But not sure we’ve ever had a fast, out the blocks start to a season under him, have we? No idea what he was like at Bournemouth. So not a big sample size of 3 for NUFC, granted. But I Can’t say it’s ‘worrying’ me yet. 

1 minute ago, Geogaddi said:

I just don't understand what has happened to our press and running from two seasons ago? I presumed last season was down to injuries, as we did it well up until that Man United home game when we blew them away and somehow only won 1-0, ever since then though its been non existent and the early signs this season are that it's not returning .

We've had one home game where we went down to ten men early and then two hard away games where we are naturally less likely to press. Maybe wait for a bigger sample size?

He's a very lucky man because, apart from the final 15 mins of open play, that was absolutely dreadful. 3 games in and we have been garbage in all of them and this simply cant continue. The whole club has been a shambles this summer and this has obviously affected morale allround but that still does not excuse the passive performances we have seen so far.

Just now, Wandy said:

He's a very lucky man because, apart from the final 15 mins of open play, that was absolutely dreadful. 3 games in and we have been garbage in all of them and this simply cant continue. The whole club has been a shambles this summer and this has obviously affected morale allround but that still does not excuse the passive performances we have seen so far.

Are you ok?

2 minutes ago, jonny1403 said:

We've had one home game where we went down to ten men early and then two hard away games where we are naturally less likely to press. Maybe wait for a bigger sample size?

We were playing a Forest team that made 10 changes tonight , I wouldn't class that as a hard away game really .

Don't think we've really played well yet but are still picking up points/getting to the next round. It's both concerning and encouraging at the same time :lol:

Very confident with the manager we've got he'll figure it out. Wonder if there's just an air of uncertainty around the club at the moment with struggling in the transfer window and we see a more settled squad moving up the gears in September 

Edited by LiquidAK

2 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

We were playing a Forest team that made 10 changes tonight , I wouldn't class that as a hard away game really .

I saw their squad called better than ours here couple of days ago. :lol:

We're still miles away from clicking and there's something not quite right about how we're playing, it's disjointed and looks a bit shit to be honest. But we're unbeaten in 3 and into the next round of the cup so there's definitely positives there, we have to crank it up a bit though and decide how we're going to play. 

Sunday will be both interesting and informative. First proper team we'll have to try and match, we'll know much more about us at 5pm on Sunday

We're not even playing that badly really. It's definitely not sustainable and our sloppiness in possession will see us punished by better teams, but we've started and finished the last two games really well. Neither would have been a smash and grab if we'd nicked it in 90 minutes. Worth reminding ourselves also that there's also another team on the pitch and we're away from home - not the hardest places to go but those fixtures are hardly gimmies.

The squad doesn't look totally settled and we look like we're playing with some anxiety; touches are heavy, pace is often half a yard off, and there's a few ounces missing from the physical battles. But you can optimistically say that we're battling through an imperfect period and coming out with good, well-earned results. 

Onwards and upwards.

1 minute ago, Wandy said:

Anyone who watched that tonight and thinks that things are ok has their head in the sand.

And likewise anyone with their head screwed would acknowledge we’ve typically started seasons slowly under Howe.

22/23 - 2 wins from the first 7 or 8

23/24 - 3 wins from the first 7

We aren’t quite firing and grinding out results. A promising sign.

3 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Anyone who watched that tonight and thinks that things are ok has their head in the sand.

Not sure anybody said that in here like? I'm of the opinion it can't get much worse performance-wise and yet we're unbeaten. Plus Sandro is back and looked good and Barnes had a nice cameo in a problem position, so don't really see the need for borderline suicidal-gloom, maybe it's just me though. The whole "club has been a shambles" patter is getting old.