Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Just now, astraguy said:

Not all eddies Fault but Miggy,Wilson,Murphy should of gone long ago,I'd rather bed miley,Osula. Harrison, Sanusi in the squad

Osula probably belongs out on loan to a Championship side for a year or two. Don't think he's anywhere near contributing

4 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

We do though, not everyone but enough. 5 of the front 6 are excellent technicians and so are Schar, Trippier and Hall. 

We can put out a much more technical lineup than in recent years now.

Trippier and Hall is too weak defensively imo.  And those are defenders.  We don’t have the quality on the ball in midfield and attack in possession.  You don’t get the best out of Willock Joelinton Longstaff Barnes Gordon Tonali Murphy Almiron like that imo. The squad is built to run and transition. 

Fulham are better setup personnel wise for that. 

Just now, Upthemags said:

Osula probably belongs out on loan to a Championship side for a year or two. Don't think he's anywhere near contributing

maybe does but Wilson is just a waste,Isak always plays better when he has someone up with him who holds the ball up

What's concerning is that we don't seem to know what our best line-up is or what our style of play is.

Who is our best left back? Tino or Trippier at RB? Why can't we get Tonali in and clicking after 10 months of training with his teammates? We apparently can't get Barnes and Gordon working in the same team so one of them is going to have to sit on the bench (Gordon, on current form). We don't keep possession, we don't press, we often aren't disciplined enough to sit back and play teams on the break.

It's like the Gerrard/Lampard thing England had for years but all over the pitch.

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I do think the whole summer/Mitchell stuff was the beginning of the end for him. Performances like today will only speed that up. 

Just the fact a new director has come in? Would it be the end for any manager or has he done something to cause that? 

6 minutes ago, astraguy said:

Not all eddies Fault but Miggy,Wilson,Murphy should of gone long ago,I'd rather bed miley,Osula. Harrison, Sanusi in the squad

Murphy was probably our MotM today :lol:

Edited by Heron

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Just the fact a new director has come in? Would it be the end for any manager or has he done something to cause that? 

I don’t think they get on at all, I dont think things are right behind the scenes. Coupled with how poor we are it only ends one way imo.

I think it’s a mix of tactics and the players looking flat. Doesn’t have to be one or the other. Eddie is quite stubborn. Tonali should have played. Burn/Kelly just handicaps our LW. No reason for Tino to sit. It’s pretty obvious that our midfield needs major tweaking. We look outnumbered and overrun in almost every single match. 

The players need a more consistent effort like we saw a season ago. We were ready to go from kickoff. Now we just stroll around till we go down a goal and he rips them up at halftime. Players who usually give their all are just looking lethargic and carefree. 

My worry is that the squad have started to tune Eddie out a bit and it would be a shame because he’s the best manager we’ve had in two decades. 

He also hasn’t done himself any favours with some of the team selection and being very repetitive with his tactical approach. I would understand the “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it” but it’s been very apparent that it’s a broken system at the moment, especially away from home. Very glaring that we need to play with a proper DM. 

I don’t mind Hall rotating with Kelly based on the opponent. 

But Livra at RB for me. Trippier in for tactical reasons or training or whatever but Livra shirt to lose.  Trippier has gone back to being weak defensively and the back line is too slow with him added. 

What’s not great from Howe is that some players can have multiple bad games and still start while others don’t.  

32 minutes ago, Decky said:

I never understand why people come on into threads like this on their high horse and slate people for rightly criticising the way we've played recently. All this bed wetting, and welcome to NO stuff is stupid. This is a forum for discussion, we're allowed to criticise Howe, the players, anyone and anything whenever things are bad. Sure we may as well just lock all the threads in the football section until we win again at this rate. 

Well said Decky....(Poz)

1 minute ago, Heron said:

100% behind him as it stands still to be honest. Who wouldn't we be... we're ahead of where I expected us to be.

I'm 100% behind him too but I think we're about where we should be in our 3rd full season under the new regime. The goal this season is to qualify for Europe and have an outside chance of top 4/5 (CL), that's probably about right for us at this stage. 

The game vs Girona in pre season made me think we'd be back pressing wise buts it's seemingly no way near effective as it was when he first took over. 

If you don't get the press right the whole strategy falls apart.

Edited by Thumbheed

Just now, Decky said:

I'm 100% behind him too but I think we're about where we should be in our 3rd full season under the new regime. The goal this season is to qualify for Europe and have an outside chance of top 4/5 (CL), that's probably about right for us at this stage. 

And it's where we currently are. :thup:

Just now, Decky said:

Yeah, unless I’m misremembering Staveley talked about five-year plans at the end of which we’d be competing at the top.  Three years into that I’d expect that we’d be pushing for European spots.