Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

5 hours ago, Ben said:

I think the squad would look totally different if Howe got his way this summer.

Don't understand why we need to blame anyone for a situation we have had no control over.

If Howe got his way this summer, that would only mean that the board/club got their way too, which was never going to happen.

If you start to think "ok, but its the boards responsibility to ensure the club isn't in the position we were in this summer", sure, but that means less investment in the previous windows (and subsequently meaning Howe wouldn't have got his way the previous windows), which people would moan about as well. We'd probably not have gotten 4th either. It was a calculated gamble which would probably have paid off if we didn't have insane injury problems last season.

7 hours ago, Terrymac1966 said:

In 8 days time we can comment with more surety. If we win 3 humble pie abounds

Yes. Let’s judge on 3 games against Chelsea x 2 and Arsenal in a week :lol: 

Why pretend you’re anything other than ‘Howe Out’™️ and like you’re going to be balanced and fair when it comes to him? We all know you’re not a fan. 

Unless we get absolutely battered in all 3 games and it appears like the players have suddenly downed tools. What can be gained from using this week as some sort of guide and not the 100 odd games before? 

The same way that if we somehow won all 3. That doesn’t mean the issues around how we play at times have gone away and we’ve suddenly turned the corner and everything is rosey. 

13 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Why pretend you’re anything other than ‘Howe Out’™️ and like you’re going to be balanced and fair when it comes to him? We all know you’re not a fan. 

Unless we get absolutely battered in all 3 games and it appears like the players have suddenly downed tools. What can be gained from using this week as some sort of guide and not the 100 odd games before? 

The same way that if we somehow won all 3. That doesn’t mean the issues around how we play at times have gone away and we’ve suddenly turned the corner and everything is rosey. 

Performances over points for the next 2 league games for me (obviously I hope we get 6 points). A win in the cup would be huge as well.

1 hour ago, Lush Vlad said:

When have I ever been Howe out 😁

I’m torn between:

1) he deserves this season as still has enough credit in the bank, is a good manager, and it feels like the right thing to do

against…

2) I just can’t see us becoming a regular top 4 side who wins trophies with him in charge. He seems too loyal and too stubborn to how modern successful clubs operate

While we’re still in both cups and could finish top 6 then deserves that chance.

Still think he will be gone by Xmas, or even sooner, we haven’t won in 4 games and that’s likely to be 6 after next weekend. if that goes to 7 after the forest game I think we will make the change during the international break after that game. 

Just now, Alberto2005 said:

He definitely deserves till end of the season, he's been shafted this Summer.

We've lost two good players, brought no one in and had rumours about our best players leaving for months.

Did he not shafted himself within the Guehi or nobody attitude.

I wanted Howe as manager and said he would smash it, and so far he has. This season is a big test though, he needs to show he can turn long term dodgy form around, either by getting us playing pressing football again, or adapting to a more possession based style, or preferably both. If he can’t do it then we could easily finish bottom half and he will go. I would give him to the end of the season though, the best available alternatives have been getting jobs recently anyway.

I also don’t really consider him to have been shafted in the summer as my guess is he was complicit in it. The January window will be a big test to see if they’ve fixed whatever dysfunctions we had. We cannot spend it fucking around with mega expensive premier league players.

33 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

Still think he will be gone by Xmas, or even sooner, we haven’t won in 4 games and that’s likely to be 6 after next weekend. if that goes to 7 after the forest game I think we will make the change during the international break after that game. 

Nonsense!

6 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Even if lose all three it’s fairly normal. We’re playing two better teams. 

It absolutely is not fairly normal to go 7 games without a win losing 5 of them 

Edited by nufcnick

Just now, nufcnick said:

You’re entitled to your opinion, as am I.

Correct.  But you still spout nonsense.  I will bet anything that Howe will not be gone by Christmas.  Absolutely ludicrous.

Multiple ways to look at this and perversely, all are right in their own way despite them being polar opposite.

Last season was a strange one, battered by injuries and still finishing in top half. However evidence would suggest we were our own worst enemy here, actively playing tired and sometimes injured players, refusing to change system to make up for losses and staggering lack of subs when up to save players' energy.

You can say we didnt have our best players for part but then when we did we were still (and did now) get sliced open by one pass. However lack of continuity can add to this.

Summer transfer window you can look pro Eddie or negatively towards him.

In every instance there is rightfully polar opposite views. My views have been made clear since the AC Milan (a) game. For me that was the day I thought that we were going to have issues, especially with injuries.

The club is growing and I dont think the actual job of managing in the PL and achieving high finishes is EH's issue, hes very capable of it and he proven that. The issue is there are bigger factors at play that will hamper that ability and I believe, hold the club back both on and off the field

I think our biggest issue is that we haven’t transitioned from an un-fancied underdog to a side who can dominate.  

From the second half of 21-22 through 22-23 we were still that and we surprised teams with a dogged defence and potent attack, usually on the transition where we were at our best with 30-35% of the ball. 
That was still working last season, and at times it was chaotic but our best attacking players were on fire and we scored tonnes.  

A lack of transfer activity leading to a bit of stagnation plus teams working us out has contributed to this start.  I knew as soon as we had 60+% of the ball v Brighton last week it wasn’t going to end well, if we’d had 30-35% we’d have probably won 3-0.  The next step is to become a side that can dominate possession and win, it’s going to need a change from Eddie and a new transfer strategy but I think we can do it.  It’s all part of the journey 

1 hour ago, Alberto2005 said:

If true then yes, but the other reasons were out of his control.

The Guehi saga was pretty much the main issue. Rumours about our best players is not uncommon. The two good players you talk about are constanly being labelled as a backup and one who never played for us. I don't think Anderson would have started many games so far this season, maybe the cup game.

Edited by Erikse