Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

I hate to say it, not as convinced Howe knows how to get us out of this mess. It's one he's partly created too. I feel like we are worse now than the last few months of 21/22 season when Howe kept us up. There's an air of everyone we come up against just knows how to stifle us and our weaknesses continue to be exposed.

Edited by hakka

2 minutes ago, hakka said:

I hate to say it, not as convinced Howe knows how to get us out of this mess. It's one he's partly created too. I feel like we are worse now than the last few months of 21/22 season when Howe kept us up. There's an air of everyone we come up against just knows how to stifle us and our weaknesses continue to be exposed.

The amount of times I’ve seen this season where keepers play it long over our midfield to the striker who dropped deep. The gap between our defence and midfield has been there for a long time now and not solved.

The flat midfield as well doesn’t give enough support to the striker. 

At least defence can be blamed on injuries and right wing on lack of investment 

I know things can get stale without new signings but its hard for me to put this season down to just that. Bar injuries last season we'd have had a great shout for top 4 again, that team and the team that finished 4th is still out there. No one can tell me that not getting a couple of new signings has changed that squad into a squad that can't even do the basics. The team looks devoid of ideas all over the park and that's down to the coaching.

I don't want Howe out or anything like that but he needs to show what he's made of and turn this around by trying something new going forward. We may still get something out of this game here but its papering over the cracks if we do. 

49 minutes ago, Jewel said:

I’d give Howe until the end of the season no matter how bad it gets, and then judge in the summer. I’ve already written this season off, I think the best we can hope for is mid-table mediocrity. It’s not so much the results, but the performances have been largely uninspiring.

This is the first really sticky patch he’s had as our manager. He needs to show he is capable of turning it around, and he does deserve that chance to try and do so. He’s earned it.

Just can’t agree unfortunately. We can’t afford to have a midtable season as we’re already financially pushed to the limit. 

We’re going nowhere this season as Howe refuses to change anything. You can make the argument he was shafted in the summer but when you read between the lines, i think he had too much power in it. We don’t let any players go because he doesn’t want to lose them and if what Mitchell has said is the truth, it was Guehi or no one which has left use short at the back. 

First of all. I love Eddie Howe and what he has done for us. But I’m getting really fed up of hearing all this “2nd fastest to 100 pts after KK”, “Fifth most points in the league since he took over” and such. It’s not doing us or him a favour.

We’ve been mostly terrible away for over a year, we’ve let in a farcical amount of self inflicted goals last season and this and we couldn’t keep possession if our lives depended on it. Add to that our flat midfield which gets overrun all too easily and the fact that we’ve spent a vast sum of money since that first window without looking better for it (last season and this) and I’d say that most of the good stuff in his record is from the first 1.5 season (rough spell from the very start excluded which was to be expected).

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

The likes of Bruno and Botman were £30 million players that came in and performed right away and raised us to another level.

Why could we not just continue in this vein?

We could have looked at similar to fill the right wing and centre back positions if we were on top of our scouting and we had a broader range of targets.

Villa are playing Ramsey, Rogers and McGinn behind Watkins and are leaving us in the dust, and progressing in the Champions League and comfortably competing for top 4 again.

Why are we chasing £60 million players to try and do the same?!

I do agree with this. Villa have only recently pivoted to a more youth and bargain focussed setup.  Vila are on year 6 of their journey or so.  Been through a couple managers and DOFS 

He hasn’t resolved the huge gaping hole in behind the flat midfield three he employs, that’s on him.  We aren't going no where unless he or someone else solves it.

Edited by Ronson333

pinky and the brain 90s GIF

The Brain: Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Pinky: I think so, Brain, but - *snort* No, no, it's too stupid.

The Brain: We will play 4-2-3-1.

Pinky: Narf! That was it *exactly*!

1 minute ago, nufc4eva said:

Think he may need to go, doesn't seem to know how to sort this

He does. Longstaff for Tonali on the hour mark.

It’ll work eventually.

I'd be interested to hear the thoughts of Eddie in brigade to see if they have any doubts at all about him being the right man at this point. I think there has to be legitimate concerns at the very least.

1 minute ago, 1892er said:

I'd be interested to hear the thoughts of Eddie in brigade to see if they have any doubts at all about him being the right man at this point. I think there has to be legitimate concerns at the very least.

Not for me, he needs a January transfer window and then till the end of the season.

Once again massively let down by individuals. Genuinely not sure how you coach around errors like the ones from Isak (twice) and Pope (once) today. Ridiculous goal to concede and ridiculous chance to miss. Similar story against Brighton.

Disappointing performance overall but not terrible away from home against an in-form team. Performances over the last 4 games still show an improving trajectory despite the results falling off a cliff. I'm not worried yet, just need to hold our nerve here and back the players and the manager through a tricky period.

People have been saying Howe out since last year but y'know, you're a wet fart and a mackem if you're against him. Just trust the process!

Don't worry. 12th in the table is okay because we were fighting relegation a few seasons ago and we should be grateful. It's literally not fucking okay that expectations change.

Edited by mikejaxer

Just now, Ben said:

Not for me, he needs a January transfer window and then till the end of the season.

I suppose it’s Europe or be sacked end of season 

Don’t think he will be here next season