Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

6 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Brighton relied on us missing two one on ones and a header that should have been buried, Everton relied on us missing two massive one on ones and a fucking penalty :lol:, Chelsea got away with a red card and Isak not being clinical enough when through. I just don't see it. Results, 100%, but not performances.

I said we did improve against Brighton and we should've won the game, but that the second half, particularly the last half hour was poor. We didn't have a shot on target in over an hour's worth of football after the penalty miss at Everton. Still haven't watched that game back yet as I was there without the best view, but it felt like we weren't going to score in the last 25 minutes, and we didn't. 

Red card for Chelsea? When? If its for the Bruno thing no way he reaches that ball. Howay. That performance today was patchy at absolute best. Hardly enough to make me think we'll be good in our next away game, as the bulk of the sample size suggests otherwise. 

Edited by HaydnNUFC

3 minutes ago, Heron said:

Ah okay.

As fans it should always be Atmosphere FC, for me but I agree. The club should be aiming to give the fans something to sing about.

Surely, if the club are saying how much the atmosphere helps them we should.all remain positive and behind them though, right...

I do think the lack of variety, pace, intensity and guile in our play has massively contributed to the quiet atmosphere and also not least the basically non-existent summer window. I think many people are unsure where our ambitions now lie, and what we’re capable of. When the on field stuff is lacklustre then the off field missteps become magnified. We’re just lost atm. I STILL don’t fully know what PIF’s intentions are for instance.

We should just fuck PSR adherence off and go out and spend whatever we want in Jan

Fuck sticking to the rules

Through their dodgy behind the scenes scheming and their snidey protectionism rules the cartel cunts have got us just where they want us right now

Sell the Gallowgate Pigeon’s image rights to Saudia Airlines for a billion quid and go on a spending spree

Edited by bobbydazzla

This set piece thing needs addressing. But embarrassing when you see most other teams are getting alot of joy (see the Arsenal Liverpool game)

Was telling before the game that stat flashed up of 50 corners 0 goals.

2 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

I said we did improve against Brighton and we should've won the game, but that the second half, particularly the last half hour was poor. We didn't have a shot on target in over an hour's worth of football after the penalty miss at Everton. Still haven't watched that game back yet as I was there without the best view, but it felt like we weren't going to score in the last 25 minutes, and we didn't. 

Red card for Chelsea? When? If its for the Bruno thing no way he reaches that ball. Howay. That performance today was patchy at absolute best. Hardly enough to make me think we'll be good in our next away game, as the bulk of the sample size suggests otherwise. 

Going to agree there. Felt like however well we played when it ws 0-0 against Brighton, once we went behind that was that. Never really felt like we were getting anything today either despite Chelsea looking far from solid at the back. We were giving away far too many chances.

1 minute ago, brummie said:

Without having watched you a huge amount this season, nine games into the season is absolutely nothing, like.

easy to say when your season's going the way it is.

we havent had the most difficult of opening fixtures.

Just now, bobbydazzla said:

We’ve been rubbish

Nah, we haven't. We were rubbish by all accounts at Fulham and got at least a half at Wolves, and I'd be tempted to pin that adjective on most of today as well. But other than that we've been average-to-decent, and equal parts clinical (early on) and wasteful (now).

We've got tenth and a cup run all over us this season, imo.

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

We’ve been absolutely shite for a year. The positivity after the takeover is very quickly drifting away like 

I mean this is just basic nonsense cryarsing. Why come out with it?

Just now, Shearergol said:

We’ve been absolutely shite for a year. The positivity after the takeover is very quickly drifting away like 

But if we were allowed to spend money to build a decent squad it’d be anti-competitive and ruin the beautiful game 

8 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

I do think the lack of variety, pace, intensity and guile in our play has massively contributed to the quiet atmosphere and also not least the basically non-existent summer window. I think many people are unsure where our ambitions now lie, and what we’re capable of. When the on field stuff is lacklustre then the off field missteps become magnified. We’re just lost atm. I STILL don’t fully know what PIF’s intentions are for instance.

I think off the field we have had several changes in direction and personnel which have impacted on the pitch morale.

We've also been caught out (as planned) with FFP shite.

That's not say the players and coaching staff are blameless though. Key moments and at Fulham and Chelsea I think to.soem degree we've been tactically outdone and missed key chances.

Edited by Heron

6 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Yeah, it's 100% a red card imo, he's through on goal. Even then I wasn't watching the match at any stage and thinking it looked like we weren't scoring. Everton and Brighton were both clinics in shocking finishing, but we were creating the chances in the first place. If we weren't I'd be much more inclined to worry about Howe's input.

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Nah, we haven't. We were rubbish by all accounts at Fulham and got at least a half at Wolves, and I'd be tempted to pin that adjective on most of today as well. But other than that we've been average-to-decent, and equal parts clinical (early on) and wasteful (now).

10th and cup run.. We should be doing better. 

35 minutes ago, ILCAML said:

Allegri, Zidane, Xavi are all literally free and MUCH better and more proven managers.

I get the attachment to Eddie, I like him as well, nice lad, did an excellent job since he was hired, but let's reign it in a little bit.

If he's not getting sacked it's not because there aren't better options out there.

Give over man

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

It isn’t at all. Our performances have been honking.

You just sound utterly ridiculous. :lol: Presumably you started watching us in the last 3 years if you think that on the scale of adjectives, honking applies to now

6 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

It depends on how you quantify rubbish I suppose

I look at the way we played in 22/23 and what we’re dishing up now is rubbish in comparison

I try to keep my pecker up and not get sucked into the doom mongering, but even with a PMA, at the moment I go into every game expecting us to concede at least 1 and also expecting us to fluff most of our chances 

And that’s exactly how the seasons playing out 

Edited by bobbydazzla

When we’re 14th / 15th in a few weeks do you really think HE is going to accept better performances as mitigation? I feel for Eddie a bit but all my instincts say this is only going one way now.

4 minutes ago, brummie said:

Without having watched you a huge amount this season, nine games into the season is absolutely nothing, like.

If it were just this season then I don't think people would be so concerned, but there have been glaring tactical issues since the beginning of last season. We're just too easy to play through and lack creativity in midfield.

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

You just sound utterly ridiculous. :lol: Presumably you started watching us in the last 3 years if you think that on the scale of adjectives, honking applies to now

I’ve watched us for 43 years. I’m comparing us to last year. That ok with you?