Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

When we’re 14th / 15th in a few weeks do you really think HE is going to accept better performances as mitigation? I feel for Eddie a bit but all my instincts say this is only going one way now.

QFP.

8 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

It isn’t at all. Our performances have been honking.

In the past 12 months our record in that time is: W22 D10 L17. Almost all of the time in the top 8. Winter was ropey and we had some frustrating defeats last season, but some brilliant wins including some total hammerings.

We quite obviously haven't been 'absolutely shite' for a year, that's just total baseless guff.

2 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

If it were just this season then I don't think people would be so concerned, but there have been glaring tactical issues since the beginning of last season. We're just too easy to play through and lack creativity in midfield.

Wey howay man.

The start of last season? When we almost beat Liverpool at home, dicked Villa and PSG, etc.?

Just now, Shearergol said:

I’ve watched us for 43 years. I’m comparing us to last year. That ok with you?

Even worse then. :lol: So honking is now, what was it under Bruce, Carver, McLaren, Dalglish, McFaul? 

1 minute ago, Jackie Broon said:

If it were just this season then I don't think people would be so concerned, but there have been glaring tactical issues since the beginning of last season. We're just too easy to play through and lack creativity in midfield.

The issue for me is how you marry tactics to the players on the pitch. If you press high with two slow central defenders, and a DM who is also on the slow side, there's obviously going to be massive gaps if you lose the ball upfield. Pretty much every goal we concede has elements of that about it. Certainly both today did.

I wouldn't say we're honking this season but we are far from good.

We have good spells in games (the last few anyway) where we should score but we fail to do so. Something just isn't right with us at all.

Maybe we're low in confidence and I do feel a win would breathe a bit of life into us, but where that is coming from when you look at our next 3 games, I have no idea.

Edited by Scoot

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Even worse then. :lol: So honking is now, what was it under Bruce, Carver, McLaren, Dalglish, McFaul? 

Can you read? I’m comparing us this year to our performances last year, under Howe. We’re shite this season. Compared to previous games under Howe.

1 minute ago, ILCAML said:

Give over what?

Are you suggesting Howe is anywhere near any of those, especially Zidane and Allegri?

Can’t see any of them wanting to manage us tbh. And given we don’t have the financial wiggle room to give Isak a better contract I assume we won’t have the financial wiggle room to pay any of those what they’d want. 

2 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Can you read? I’m comparing us this year to our performances last year, under Howe. We’re shite this season. Compared to previous games under Howe.

:lol: Aye I can, you said we're honking and that we've been absolutely shite for a year and I'm laughing at you.

Edited by Kid Icarus

6 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Surely you’re able to grasp the difference in expectations, can take into account how much money has been spent, and you know that you can compare performances with that of games in more recent times. McFaul ffs.

Edited by J7

I think Eddie will get to the end of the season, and we'll then see how it's gone. What I will say is that the knives in the press will be out for him straightaway. Football365's anti-Newcastlle shpeel going into overdrive, more than usual (already)

Another couple of defeats the the press will be clamouring for him to be sacked.

2 minutes ago, J7 said:

Surely you’re able to grasp the difference in expectations, can take into account how much money has been spent, and you know that you can compare performances with that of games in more recent times. McCauley ffs.

No, I think it's a completely stupid, spoiled and miserable way to look at things.

Edited by Kid Icarus

1 minute ago, El Prontonise said:

He gets this season, I feel we'll finish around 8th still.  

8-9th for me. I don't see us getting Europe unless Wilson miraculously plays the second half of the season. We are too easy to score against.

Just now, TRon said:

The issue for me is how you marry tactics to the players on the pitch. If you press high with two slow central defenders, and a DM who is also on the slow side, there's obviously going to be massive gaps if you lose the ball upfield. Pretty much every goal we concede has elements of that about it. Certainly both today did.

I agree, if we don't have the players to play how we are we need to find a different way.

Bruno is becoming a liability, we need to find a way to allow him to do what he does best without leaving a huge space behind him.

This calendar year (including friendlies):

Played 41

Lost 12

Drawn 10

Won 19

In normal time. Hardly absolutely shite like.

Not as good as 2023 though, admittedly (I presume).

1.6pts per game to rounded down to 1dp.

Edited by Heron