Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

2 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

31 G+A in 81 games as a LW as opposed to 10 G+A in 44 games as a RW. Also seems that Howe likes inverted wingers regardless.

Worded the Tonali point badly, my bad, didn't mean he was meant to be a rotational player but a player of his quality coming in would've taken the pressure off of Bruno a bit given our reliance upon his presence (not won in which he hasn't started since March 2022).

Does that mean Gordon didn't look better on the right or being mobile? In the 3-1 game up here I've no idea what his nominal position was but he was their only threat.

Tonali would have take the pressure off by playing alongside. I swear they were meant to be a pair, not a two of a three.

One thing I’d like to see more of is us breaking at pace. Too often we get stuck in moving the ball back across our midfield from side to side. That would be fine if we were a passing side that kills the opposition that way but that’s not us with this squad of players

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Missing out on Maddison and Szobszlai, who have nigh on identical fbref player profiles suggests to me that Howe knows what's needed and they're looking for an alternative that we haven't heard about yet.

Did we miss out on Maddison? I think we prioritised Barnes instead which always looked an odd decision if true

3 minutes ago, Dokko said:

It's not me doing this, its him. He's cracking under the pressure. I fucking told you all a few weeks ago this was a test for him. I was laughed at. He's failing this test. I hate to see it. I'd rather be wrong and have my posts dragged up and called whatever. It's really sad to see, but worse is, people who can't handle calling out the obvious, and must deflect at any cost. 

You're the boy who cried wolf son, as you've been saying the same thing for a long as I remember, as soon as things aren't going our way. You now seem genuinely pleased that you can say 'I told you so' .....give yourself a pat on the back.

Just now, joeyt said:

Did we miss out on Maddison? I think we prioritised Barnes instead which always looked an odd decision if true

Athletic said we opted to look elsewhere which I too find mad. Think he'd have come here had we gone in for him in the summer.

4 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

He has no individual say, there has to be unanimous agreement across the team to get the transfer in.

His influence has certainly grown. His nephew is "head of first team technical scouting".

Guest reefatoon
2 hours ago, OverThere said:

Tonali and Barnes: completely disasterous

Due to unforeseen circumstances and bad luck they have been for this season.

Edited by reefatoon

Just now, joeyt said:

If we didn't last summer we definitely did the previous summer when we were having bids rejected. Obviously you take everything with a pinch of salt but the word summer just gone was that he wanted to be in London, so maybe we just didn't bother.

With both players there was too much smoke for there to have been no fire imo.

10 minutes ago, Dokko said:

It's not me doing this, its him. He's cracking under the pressure. I fucking told you all a few weeks ago this was a test for him. I was laughed at. He's failing this test. I hate to see it. I'd rather be wrong and have my posts dragged up and called whatever. It's really sad to see, but worse is, people who can't handle calling out the obvious, and must deflect at any cost. 

When we don't have 12 or 13 first team squad members out for months, I'll question him.

Just now, joeyt said:

Okay maybe I'll wordit slightly differently, I wonder if the team will move away from buying Howe-type players and insist on more creativity/flair

What is a Howe player? Folks go on like we're some team of basketballers who have no actual ability. We've been one of the most prolific teams going forward for well over a year for a reason. We create well and finish well - we can be streaky, just like everyone else.

Nerd lol alert but we've massively underperformed xg over the last 5 games but we're largely on target for 18 months.

Howe targeted Bruno and Trippier as key signings, both excellent technicians. Isak too.

2 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Athletic said we opted to look elsewhere which I too find mad. Think he'd have come here had we gone in for him in the summer.

There was a rumour his missus wanted to move to London, not Newcastle and that played a big part in his decision. Not sure we ever had a real chance

1 minute ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

What is a Howe player? Folks go on like we're some team of basketballers who have no actual ability. We've been one of the most prolific teams going forward for well over a year for a reason. We create well and finish well - we can be streaky, just like everyone else.

Nerd lol alert but we've massively underperformed xg over the last 5 games but we're largely on target for 18 months.

Howe targeted Bruno and Trippier as key signings, both excellent technicians. Isak too.

Which one is a massive underperformance? Forest gave accumulated that level of expected goals once this season, which was at home to Luton. 

image.thumb.png.e10f73c025c2622f9e77cc51bf78627b.png

1 minute ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Well Howe type players are those that can press intensely and have a lot of stamina. We didn't see Isak as much as we could have last year because Howe didn't think he was up to it physically to play for 90 minutes in an Eddie Howe team

Obvious wums are gonna get fucked off like. Despite everything, there's actually some genuinely good debate happening here. If people wanna just be incendiary then they can fuck off to Twitter; the results are bad enough without that utter shite.