Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Just now, WideopenMag said:

I love Eddie Howe and honestly think he played the summer window well mate. If these players had have been fit and not suspended it would be a complete different story.

Fair enough, I agree we would have been in a much better position but think a genuine RW should have been our priority. It’s the only position we haven’t directly upgraded since the takeover. I think we will spend big on it in the summer.

5 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Hmm

Not so sure I like the sound of that tbh. Difficult to say when you don't hear the quote itself but it could be construed as his challenging his players to step it up. He's also got to be accountable for results and performances too, I hope he's not pushing it all on the players as that rarely ends up working out well for managers

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Fair enough, I agree we would have been in a much better position but think a genuine RW should have been our priority. It’s the only position we haven’t directly upgraded since the takeover. I think we will spend big on it in the summer.

If we'd had been able to start Barnes-Isak-Gordon

Joelinton-bruno- tonali

Wed be laughing I think.  

Just now, midds said:

Not so sure I like the sound of that tbh. Difficult to say when you don't hear the quote itself but it could be construed as his challenging his players to step it up. He's also got to be accountable for results and performances too, I hope he's not pushing it all on the players as that rarely ends up working out well for managers

I haven't heard the interview but from that quote I interpret that as he has picked a team to do a job, the coaches have done their side of the deal but the players haven't delivered.

Just now, WideopenMag said:

If we'd had been able to start Barnes-Isak-Gordon

Joelinton-bruno- tonali

Wed be laughing I think.  

Still think we would struggle against low blocks. Very good in transitions though.

1 minute ago, Dokko said:

Yup. Bullshit quotes. Irony being everyone ready to allow him to spend his banked credit.

You might as well just admit you want him out at this point.  Same yourself some time and trouble.

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

But everyone struggles against low blocks. 

After a couple of seasons of battering teams we could look to introduce more craft. 

That is true. Personally I think we would be better off with one of the wide players being able to offer some creativity don’t you? Especially since Howe doesn’t seem to want a creative attacking midfielder. 

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

I do, yeah. Both Gordon and Barnes have played on the left the majority of the careers at their previous clubs and in the 7 matches Barnes has been available for he has only started with Gordon once and has only shared the pitch with him for 98 minutes out of 630.

I thought Tonali was a signing to take pressure off Bruno and rotate with him with the extra games that came with the CL.

I'll have big qualms about them if they don't tbh.

Really ? The best I saw of Gordon at Everton was on the right. Tonali is far too good to be a rotation ffs and in Eddie saying close season we want to become more possession based.

The 433 we are playing, which has served us well, we know its not going to get us where we want and our buying strategy says that

17 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

So we spent 80 million on two left wingers to then regularly play one out of position?

It's a good question because Barnes for sure can only play LW and Gordon doesn't look good on the right.  I've said it before but wide left is arguably the best position for Barnes, Gordon, Anderson, Willock and Joe Linton so who knows what the thinking is. Isac also seems to be good wide left as well. It's a conundrum that needs resolving.

3 minutes ago, madras said:

Really ? The best I saw of Gordon at Everton was on the right. Tonali is far too good to be a rotation ffs and in Eddie saying close season we want to become more possession based.

The 433 we are playing, which has served us well, we know its not going to get us where we want and our buying strategy says that

31 G+A in 81 games as a LW as opposed to 10 G+A in 44 games as a RW. Also seems that Howe likes inverted wingers regardless.

Worded the Tonali point badly, my bad, didn't mean he was meant to be a rotational player but a player of his quality coming in would've taken the pressure off of Bruno a bit given our reliance upon his presence (not won in which he hasn't started since March 2022).

19 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Maybe he was affected by the off the pitch stuff but there were a lot of questions about Tonali's performances before he was suspended.

There were also signs of similar issues with teams waltzing through our midfield with ease before we were beset with injuries and fatigue.

Yeah the jury is still

massively out on Tonali, I’m not sure he really improved us before his ban.

13 minutes ago, dcmk said:

You might as well just admit you want him out at this point.  Same yourself some time and trouble.

It's not me doing this, its him. He's cracking under the pressure. I fucking told you all a few weeks ago this was a test for him. I was laughed at. He's failing this test. I hate to see it. I'd rather be wrong and have my posts dragged up and called whatever. It's really sad to see, but worse is, people who can't handle calling out the obvious, and must deflect at any cost. 

Just now, Dokko said:

It's not me doing this, its him. He's cracking under the pressure. I fucking told you all a few weeks ago this was a test for him. I was laughed at. He's failing this test. I hate to see it. I'd rather be wrong and have my posts dragged up and called whatever. It's really sad to see, but worse is, people who can't handle calling out the obvious, and must deflect at any cost. 

Definitely too early to be saying that tbh.

Certainly be intereted to know much say he's going to have on transfers going forward

The board can continue to back him with Howe type players or maybe they'll be looking in a different direction to him as we can't keep on just playing athletes with little creativity

Just now, joeyt said:

Certainly be intereted to know much say he's going to have on transfers going forward

The board can continue to back him with Howe type players or maybe they'll be looking in a different direction to him as we can't keep on just playing athletes with little creativity

He has no individual say, there has to be unanimous agreement across the team to get the transfer in.