Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

16 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Man Utd was and still is a poisonous environment yet he still won trophies and had them finishing top 4.

Spurs weren’t ambitious enough for either Mourinho or Conte.. Levy has a touch of the Mike Ashleys about him in respect to not living up to promises. You can tell those managers had buyers remorse almost immediately after arriving.

NUFC is the total opposite of what they are all about.. he’d have a fan base behind him, holistic owners with unlimited resources.. they will back a manager to the maximum that FFP allows.

Having someone like Jose in charge also raises the clubs profile, making investment into the club an easier sell.

I’m not gung ho for him but I do think he’s an upgrade on EH, reluctantly I might add.. I like Eddie Howe a lot and I wish he’d sort the current situation out, I just can’t see it over the longer term this season.

Marge? 20 years ago is on the phone.

22 minutes ago, Tonalis Bookie said:

We need to elevate ourselves and we can't just simply buy our way there.

That's what our current manager did last season.

A poor squad finished second and won a European trophy.

He had the highest wages in the league and top 2 transfer spend.

He wouldn't be blocking certain elements in the club nor flying teams out late for European games due to his own arrogance

:dowie:

Most of the recent posts in this thread are fucking embarrassing.

Seriously, people take the piss out of Man City. We’re a good way there already.

i’d love to repeat how far he’s taken us in such a short time but I’ll resort to:

Fuck off, if you have season tickets give them up right now. 

Utter tools and this is about reality not opinions 

Edited by Thomson Mouse

5 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

Most of the recent posts in this thread are fucking embarrassing.

Seriously, people take the piss out of Man City. We’re a good way there already.

i’d love to repeat how far he’s taken us in such a short time but I’ll resort to:

Fuck off, if you have season tickets give them up right now. 

Utter tools and this is about reality not opinions 

I largely agree with the sentiment of your post, but if we keep criticising people voicing their opinions on a football forum, we're going down a really shit path. You've got to take the rough with the smooth, as difficult as it can be sometimes to bite your lip and ignore them. Even the most moronic people are entitled to their opinions - it's what keeps this place and others like it interesting [emoji38]

Edited by Holmesy

2 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

I largely agree with the sentiment of your post, but if we keep criticising people voicing their opinions on a football forum, we're going down a really shit path. You've got to take the rough with the smooth, as difficult as it can be sometimes to bite your lip and ignore them. Even the most moronic people are entitled to their opinions - it's what keeps this place and others like it interesting [emoji38]

Got banned for sticking up for Pardew back in the old days.  Learnt my lesson.

3 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

Once again, nobody is getting banned for their opinions. Some of you are just so ridiculous with this shit. 

criticizing someone’s opinions is indeed an opinion :lol: 

In your opinion....

Replacing Howe with managers who had honking spells at a team that I would class as league rivals makes absolutely no sense. Conte made an absolute mess of the Spurs job. Don't even get me started on Mourinho. Half of the players will be thrown under the bus within a month.

People are being irrational - Howe has his faults but if you think Howe is stubborn with his selections/tactics....

16 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

I’d agree with that entirely but when some of those opinions are so ridiculous and on social media, damaging to the club then it’s very hard to take.

Edit: I shouldn’t be surprised at his after coaching myself but the amount of morons who are telling us that Howe is past his best and finished is incredible 

Edited by Thomson Mouse

Anyone who thinks hiring a successful manager is a an exact science just needs to have a look at what is going on at Man U. Eddie had a hard time in his last season at Bournemouth but most of the fans there still love him. That must be quite instructive.

I think there is blame to be apportioned, but not with Eddie. The transfer window, maybe the right the players, but not at the right time and definitely not focused on what was needed which was immediate improvement to the first team squad. Realistically we only added Tonali and Barnes as first team players. Barnes is a good player but he's not a transformative one. If you only sign 2 players they need to be transformative like Robert and Bellamy were. Allocating £40m to Lewis Hall without any intention to use him whilst we're scraping the FFP barrel looks weirder and weirder as time goes on. I think the buck falls with whoever was the main person behind our transfer strategy, and as far as I can see that's Dan Ashworth.

1 minute ago, Thomson Mouse said:

I’d agree with that entirely but when some of those opinions are so ridiculous and on social media, damaging to the club then it’s very hard to take.

How are they damaging the club? All they're doing is riling up people on a football forum

Just now, Skeletor said:

I think there is blame to be apportioned, but not with Eddie. The transfer window, maybe the right the players, but not at the right time and definitely not focused on what was needed which was immediate improvement to the first team squad. Realistically we only added Tonali and Barnes as first team players. Barnes is a good player but he's not a transformative one. If you only sign 2 players they need to be transformative like Robert and Bellamy were. Allocating £40m to Lewis Hall without any intention to use him whilst we're scraping the FFP barrel looks weirder and weirder as time goes on. I think the buck falls with whoever was the main person behind our transfer strategy, and as far as I can see that's Dan Ashworth.

They only ‘blame’ is that Howe has got us ahead of where we thought we’d be with a shit squad

1 minute ago, Skeletor said:

I'd argue that Barnes was a transformative signing. If only because him not being available has meant we've flogged Gordon to death, and that's robbed us of a very important player who is unable to play at 100%.

1 hour ago, LiquidAK said:

Anyone seriously advocating for replacing Eddie Howe with the 2023 versions of Jose or Conte has some serious self-hatred issues to work through.

Absolutely this. Some of our lot are deluded tf. 

Let the cunt bake a bit more, ladies. 

1 minute ago, Thomson Mouse said:

Take a look at social media including the clubs

Ah, ok. I haven't seen any of it.

I'm sure the Commercial Director (who seems very smart) and his team understand that the ones who shout loudest on social media are usually brain dead. I don't think the club is going to sack EH because a handful of drooling, online degenerates 

1 minute ago, Holmesy said:

Ah, ok. I haven't seen any of it.

I'm sure the Commercial Director (who seems very smart) and his team understand that the ones who shout loudest on social media are usually brain dead. I don't think the club is going to sack EH because a handful of drooling, online degenerates 

Agree, but then with media bullshit it builds up and needs managing 

28 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

largely agree with the sentiment of your post, but if we keep criticising people for criticising people's opinions on a football forum, we're going down a really shit path. You've got to take the rough with the smooth, as difficult as it can be sometimes to bite your lip and ignore them. Even the most moronic people are entitled to their shit opinions - it's what keeps this place and others like it interesting. 

Tidied

1 minute ago, Groundhog63 said:

largely agree with the sentiment of your post, but if we keep criticising people for criticising people's opinions on a football forum, we're going down a really shit path. You've got to take the rough with the smooth, as difficult as it can be sometimes to bite your lip and ignore them. Even the most moronic people are entitled to their shit opinions - it's what keeps this place and others like it interesting. 

Tidied

Where will it end?!

15 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

It's too early to say whether Barnes is transformative or not, he's played about an hour for us in total. He may well be - not many Newcastle fans rated Bellamy when we signed him, and his career to date wasn't particularly compelling. Barnes may end up being brilliant in how we play.

I know many hoped that by December/January, injuries would ease and fixtures would be more kind. 

But I said on here awhile ago, I think it was wishful thinking.

When others return they are way off match sharpness and fitness and then other players who have been putting the minutes in start breaking down.

Plus, it's always the case, players that have disrupted pre-season or long term injuries, then pick up lots of niggles or reocurrences (Willock).

I hope owners are patient and understanding because it's going to carry on for awhile longer and we will find ourselves bottom half come February. 

Never expected the wheels to come off quite this badly. But still hold on to hope that we will have a stronger end to the season, even if it's only enough to get top half.

Conference league at this point feels like it would be an achievement and would salvage something from a pretty rough season so far.