Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, Ronson333 said:

Going by what Howe just said on talksport, it does sound like we’ll sell a big player this summer.

No it didn’t 😆

I don't know why someone is so against us selling big player. Players like Almiron or Wilson certainly should be available to someone, Pope?, and Botman also has a price. I understand that Bruno or Isak are untouchables.

8 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

We are finished, cant compete may as well give up and withdraw from the league. Oh wait sorry thats the comments on this place today not Howe :lol:

I'm definitely giving up on a repeat CL finish :lol: bunkering into damage control mode now is the vibe, i reckon.

1 minute ago, KingArthur said:

I don't know why someone is so against us selling big player. Players like Almiron or Wilson certainly should be available to someone, Pope?, and Botman also has a price. I understand that Bruno or Isak are untouchables.

Don’t think anyone would be that against selling Miggy and Wilson.

2 minutes ago, KingArthur said:

Only Botman, Bruno and Isak get us the transfer fee we need to turn our FFP around though. We're not getting much for either Wilson or Almiron.

6 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Only Botman, Bruno and Isak get us the transfer fee we need to turn our FFP around though. We're not getting much for either Wilson or Almiron.

Almiron certainly can bring 10-20 million, Wilson not much true, but wages also quite a number.

Botman is great, and we shouldn't sell him, but I think he also has a price.

Problem is our squad is full of total crap from Ashley-era. That is why this whole thing takes time.

Lampard wanted Miggy, we just need to find Lamps a job first*

* I don’t want to actually sell Miggy as I’m a big fan. I do however want a first 11 RW with the ability to cross a ball in and beat his fullback either by cutting in or down the line 

6 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

For the milllionth time. No club is going to pay £20m for Miguel Almiron.  We’ll be lucky to get £10m.  

You could probably get Oscar Bobb for £15m and less wages. Why would you buy Miggy Almiron?

If Saudi club pays 25+ for Saint-Maximin, I see no reason why we couldn't get 10-20 million for Almiron. Andros Townsend was twice bought for 12-13 million.

But the biggest thing is to get rid of all the players we are not using.

1 minute ago, KingArthur said:

If Saudi club pays 25+ for Saint-Maximin, I see no reason why we couldn't get 10-20 million for Almiron. Andros Townsend was twice bought for 12-13 million.

But the biggest thing is to get rid of all the players we are not using.

ASM was our best player for 2-3 seasons. People recognise he has a lot of talent. People know this in real life.

That is not the case with Almiron. People are not as stupid as you think they are.

I dunno like, a lot of transfers don’t make sense. I could see someone going to £15m perhaps for Miggy but there aren’t many managers that are looking for a winger with his profile, e.g. being a pressing and defensive machine. He’s definitely worth £15m or more to us but to a lot of clubs he wouldn’t be worth that much 

12 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

For the milllionth time. No club is going to pay £20m for Miguel Almiron.  We’ll be lucky to get £10m.  

You could probably get Oscar Bobb for £15m and less wages. Why would you buy Miggy Almiron?

Of course they would.  20M gets you bugger all nowadays.  I bet Moyes would drop 30M on miggy.

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

ASM was our best player for 2-3 seasons. People recognise he has a lot of talent. People know this in real life.

That is not the case with Almiron. People are not as stupid as you think they are.

He’s an international, show the YouTube real of his purple patch goal fest. Boom 💥 insta-sale! 

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

In the last year, following EPL players have been sold/bought for 10-20 million:

Granit Xhaka

Milos Kerkez

Romain Favre

Mark Flekken

Igor

Zeki Amdouni

Aaron Ramsey

James Trafford

Sander Berge

Jordan Beyer

Wilson Odobert

Angelo

Deivid Washington

Djordje Petrovic

Edouard Mendy

Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Dean Henderson

Chermiti

Timothy Castagne

Jordan Henderson

Anthony Elanga

Chris Wood

Murillo

Gustavo Hamer

Vini Souza

Iliman Ndiaye

Guglielmo Vicario

Alejo Veliz

Harry Winks

Konstantinos Mavropanos

Nikola Vlasic

Jean-Ricner Bellegarde

Santiago Bueno

And you are saying that Paraguay international, who has scored a goal in every 6th game for Newcastle is totally not in the same league as these players?

15 minutes ago, KingArthur said:

In the last year, following EPL players have been sold/bought for 10-20 million:

Granit Xhaka

Milos Kerkez

Romain Favre

Mark Flekken

Igor

Zeki Amdouni

Aaron Ramsey

James Trafford

Sander Berge

Jordan Beyer

Wilson Odobert

Angelo

Deivid Washington

Djordje Petrovic

Edouard Mendy

Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Dean Henderson

Chermiti

Timothy Castagne

Jordan Henderson

Anthony Elanga

Chris Wood

Murillo

Gustavo Hamer

Vini Souza

Iliman Ndiaye

Guglielmo Vicario

Alejo Veliz

Harry Winks

Konstantinos Mavropanos

Nikola Vlasic

Jean-Ricner Bellegarde

Santiago Bueno

And you are saying that Paraguay international, who has scored a goal in every 6th game for Newcastle is totally not in the same league as these players?

Use the following filter:

Remove those that are 30+, this has a massive impact on resale value (as Miggy will be this summer)

Remove those on high wages say.. £50k+ (Miggy is rumoured to earn £60k p/w)

Remove those that are proven at a high-level 

What do you have left? Genuine question, I've not bothered to look through your list but I can guess most of these are 27 or younger with resale value, on low wages. If not - they will be proven performers at a certain level.

He's too old. On too much money. And hasn't delivered enough at a high level to demand a high fee. IMO anyway.

Edit: You are bigging up a 1 goal in 6 winger. Is everything ok?

Edited by The College Dropout

And yes Miguel Almiron is not in the same league as Granit Xhaka. In what world is he in the same league? Xhaka was signed by a CL club in a top 5 division. He almost signed for Roma the previous season. When Miguel Almiron leaves us - he'll not join a team the level of Leverkusen or Roma I can guarantee that.

People know he is not a top player in real life. That is my point.

Just now, The College Dropout said:

And yes Miguel Almiron is not in the same league as Granit Xhaka. In what world is he in the same league? Xhaka was signed by a CL club in a top 5 division. He almost signed for Roma the previous season. When Miguel Almiron leaves us - he'll not join a team the level of Leverkusen or Roma I can guarantee that.

People know he is not a top player in real life. That is my point.

Bit of a wild take is this. One of the top scoring wingers of the previous season who is a relentless presser. Sure he has his weaknesses so does Werner who earned massive money and got a move to a bigger club than Roma and leverkusen. 

im not saying we will get top dollar but he will definitely have takers at around 15m. 

You're assuming every club is doing good scouting which isn't the case... West ham paid £20m for Danny Ings 

To think we can't find a buyer for Almiron is bonkers imo 

Edited by Menace