Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

32 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Clearly he gets the rest of this season, but if this run of form was to follow at the start of next season, let’s not kid ourselves he’ll be out the door.

I’m not as certain. If we have a nightmare run of three more losses in the upcoming games against Luton, Forest and Bournemouth, it will become quite desperate.

6 minutes ago, Nine said:

They brought on De Bruyne at 60 mins and we brought on Hall at 70, says enough really. Great effort tonight.

Should have brought Hall on to man mark De Bruyne.

3 minutes ago, wormy said:

Hi guys not been keeping up with the forum tonight. What am I angry at him for this time? Thanks in advance. X

Not having the balls to hire a cracking team of lawyers to fight FFP

42 minutes ago, Zero said:

Another game that we made close to no sub, ran everyone on the ground and end up zero point.

Lost to Man City is not a problem. Ran everyone to the ground again is.

We have a two week break after this game so there was no reason to protect legs, if we had good options on the bench he would no doubt have used them

Assuming we don't pick up any more injuries then the players that are fit should be in a position to go again

After the last 2 week break we beat PSG, Man U and were robbed a win away to PSG, all with the same set of players

We really need 2-3 of the injured players back and/or some signings

23 minutes ago, wormy said:

Hi guys not been keeping up with the forum tonight. What am I angry at him for this time? Thanks in advance. X

For not making subs (you'll have to ignore the fact the subs bench was honking)

2 hours ago, duo said:

Personally I think Eddie is twice the coach Pep is.  Pep has managed the best players in the world, managed the best teams in the world, was able to spend the biggest budget in the world.  Surprise he won lots of titles.  Eddie managed a group a players who were fighting relegation season after season and turned them into a Champions League team.  If we had our full squad today we would have won - KDB basically bailed them out.  Was nothing Pep did other than bring him on.

I love Howe and will defend him against doylems overly criticising him despite the squad being ravaged but Pep is clear of him, absurd to suggest otherwise 

Just spending money and having top players isn't automatically a recipe for success

It's baffling that we are in 2024 and people still don't realise what an insanely immense coach Pep is

2 hours ago, duo said:

Personally I think Eddie is twice the coach Pep is.  Pep has managed the best players in the world, managed the best teams in the world, was able to spend the biggest budget in the world.  Surprise he won lots of titles.  Eddie managed a group a players who were fighting relegation season after season and turned them into a Champions League team.  If we had our full squad today we would have won - KDB basically bailed them out.  Was nothing Pep did other than bring him on.

This is the other side of the coin here. 

Astonishingly mental take. 

I’ve been very negative on him in the last few weeks but thought tactically we got it spot on first half. We were dangerous on the counter and hurt them repeatedly.

Was same old story though second half. No energy and we shrank like we’ve done so much this season. Fitness levels have been poor this season for possibly multiple reasons.

If a squad ever needed a holiday away to a warm weather training camp it’s now.

9 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

I’ve been very negative on him in the last few weeks but thought tactically we got it spot on first half. We were dangerous on the counter and hurt them repeatedly.

Was same old story though second half. No energy and we shrank like we’ve done so much this season. Fitness levels have been poor this season for possibly multiple reasons.

If a squad ever needed a holiday away to a warm weather training camp it’s now.

I was surprised we weren't going away to Saudi/Dubai but Howe Howe's explanation for staying and giving the players some time off made sense

FWIW I even find the discussion a bit absurd. I'm not sure if Ashley completely damaged the collective mindset of the fanbase or we're just damaged by nature and the stereotype is true, but we're talking about a manager who:

Survived serious relegation threat at a canter

Took us to the Champions League with loads of the same squad the next season, something that just doesn't happen outside of fiction.

Has us playing attacking, exciting football

Has improved every player we have without exception 

Has us regularly battering teams, including the very best ones, in a style that I would call typically Keeganesque, or early Liverpool-era Klopp.

And we're at best feeling the need to talk about how he's still the man for the job and we back him because:

Let's be honest, some of our fans are mental and we don't want them or anyone like them representing the fanbase

We're 10th

We're out of a Champions League group made up of PSG, Dortmund and AC Milan that we were cheated out of

We've had a sticky patch

Even though: 

We've had the worst injury hit season in my lifetime, probably twice or three times over

Our big summer signing is banned

The thing that's in front of your eyes - the players blowing out of their arses and the last minute conceded goals - should all be so blindingly obvious as the big factor

We're still handing out hidings when we've been fit, had options of the bench, or been rested this season.

Like, are we fucking insane? Are you all out of your fucking minds? Howe is a gift from the gods and some are looking a gift horse in the mouth under this daft guise of 'no-one is exempt from criticism'

If Ashley and Bruce was 10 years ago I'd probably get it, the standards have been raised and the memory of those days is long gone. But it was just over 2 years ago :lol: and in football terms we've gone from purgatorial hell marketed as heaven, to actual heaven curbed by hellish circumstances.

How do you go from stubbornly enduring one to fickley taking the other for granted in that space of time? It's remarkable.

It shouldn't even be a topic for debate, it should be a given that every one of us backs him to the hilt, he's not a legend but as far as our clubs recent history goes he's closer than anyone.

Edited by Kid Icarus

45 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

I love Howe and will defend him against doylems overly criticising him despite the squad being ravaged but Pep is clear of him, absurd to suggest otherwise 

Just spending money and having top players isn't automatically a recipe for success

It's baffling that we are in 2024 and people still don't realise what an insanely immense coach Pep is

I don't deny Peps tactical ability - that's where Eddie has still more to learn.  But as a coach - it's unreal what Eddie has done to this squad.

Would be interested to see a link between the support the regime lot and the Eddie out lot. 

Edited by TheHoob
several long island ice teas

50 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

FWIW I even find the discussion a bit absurd. I'm not sure if Ashley completely damaged the collective mindset of the fanbase or we're just damaged by nature and the stereotype is true, but we're talking about a manager who:

Took us to the Champions League with loads of the same squad the next season, something that just doesn't happen outside of fiction.

Has us regularly battering teams, including the very best ones, in a style that I would call typically Keeganesque, or early Liverpool-era Klopp.

And we're at best feeling the need to talk about how he's still the man for the job and we back him because:

Let's be honest, some of our fans are mental and we don't want them or anyone like them representing the fanbase

We're 10th

We're out of a Champions League group made up of PSG, Dortmund and AC Milan that we were cheated out of

We've had a sticky patch

Even though: 

We've had the worst injury hit season in my lifetime, probably twice or three times over

The thing that's in front of your eyes - the players blowing out of their arses and the last minute conceded goals - should all be so blindingly obvious as the big factor

We're still handing out hidings when we've been fit, had options of the bench, or been rested this season.

Like, are we fucking insane? Are you all out of your fucking minds? Howe is a gift from the gods and some are looking a gift horse in the mouth under this daft guise of 'no-one is exempt from criticism'

If Ashley and Bruce was 10 years ago I'd probably get it, the standards have been raised and the memory of those days is long gone. But it was just over 2 years ago :lol: and in football terms we've gone from purgatorial hell marketed as heaven, to actual heaven curbed by hellish circumstances.

How do you go from stubbornly enduring one to fickley taking the other for granted in that space of time? It's remarkable 

Class this :clap:

For fans of charts, our rolling average expected goals diff has closed. It is very rare to see an averaged xG go limit-up like that. 
image.thumb.png.3d82c8fb01eca0b525257143bb670230.png

Edited by Jagten

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

We're 10th

We've had a sticky patch

Even though: 

How do you go from stubbornly enduring one to fickley taking the other for granted in that space of time? It's remarkable 

This needs to be a pinned post on this forum. Well said.