Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

On 21/01/2024 at 16:19, PauloGeordio said:

Last year, I had the privilege of spending a day with the Newcastle team at Darsley Park, where I observed their training sessions and joined them for breakfast and lunch.

At breakfast, I was seated near a window overlooking the training ground. As I gazed out at I noticed a lone figure diligently setting up a training drill with discs and footballs and other paraphernalia, his hood pulled up against the biting cold and howling wind. I looked a little closer, it was Eddie Howe. I’d heard the rumours that he was first in and last out but never did I expect he’d be putting the bloody cones out!

I watched in awe as Eddie led each training session with precision and passion, he was in total control, it was like a military exercise, nothing was left to chance and the only thing he wasn’t in control of was the fckg weather. It was Baltic.

The drones hovering above the training ground captured every detail of the sessions, providing Eddie with valuable footage for his post-practice analysis and evening homework.

I’ve spent 30 years coaching myself, in the UK, Spain and also in Norway and I can honestly say, what I saw that day blew me away and left me more than a little excited and confident for the future.

Eddie's dedication extended beyond the training pitch. His rapport with the players was telling, they clearly knew who the gaffer was, but there was more, there was respect but also a great deal of affection and a massive all round camaraderie.

Eddie was the only one not to join his players for lunch that day, opting instead to retreat to his office to study the drills and plan the rest of the day. His P.A. told me, 'it's an obsession, he lives and breathes Newcastle United 24 hours a day.

After the final training session, Eddie remained on the pitch for another half-hour, in deep discussions with his coaching staff. Their intense conversation revealed their commitment to constantly refining their approach and maximizing the team's potential.

As I departed Darsley Park that day, I was filled with a sense of optimism for my team's future. Eddie Howe is young, humble, honest and incredibly professional but above all a talented coach who possesses the skills and dedication to lead the team to where we all want them to be. IMO he’s up there with Bobby Robson and Kevin Keegan, and I firmly believe that he is the right man to take the team to the next level.

It's disheartening to see some fans criticise Eddie and his team, particularly those who have forgotten the club's recent achievements, victories over Manchester City, Chelsea, Arsenal, the great unwashed and Manchester United and who can forget those two performances against PSG. Their short memories and unrealistic expectations reflect a lack of understanding of the complexities of our beautiful but unpredictable game. It aint gonna happen overnight.

I understand that injuries have played a significant role in Newcastle's recent struggles, but I believe that with time and patience, the team will overcome these challenges. It takes time, and Eddie is laying the groundwork for future success, he’s already achieved more than we could ever dream of in such a short time.

While some fans look no further than the previous poor result, I am confident that Howe and his coaches are planning months and no doubt years down the line. Hopefully our owners stand alongside them.

There’s a saying in football, if you know, you know, and clearly some posts on the fan groups of late are beyond the ridiculous, some jokers even calling for the manager to be replaced. They are clearly very young, or more than likely living in a land far, far, away. When you’ve watched the lads since the 70s and seen some of the dross that has been served up on the pitch, watching the football being played at SJP and in some of the finest stadiums in Europe over the last couple of seasons, you can’t help thinking that these so called fans should find another outlet for their frustrations.

Eddie Howe is a man who embodies the spirit of Newcastle - passionate, determined, and always striving for excellence. I have no doubt that he is the right man to lead the team to glory and I pray to a god I don’t believe in, that our owners feel the same way. Jose Mourinho, don’t make me laugh, he couldn't tie Eddie's laces.

Probably the post of the year there, Paulo!

Would be extremly sad if we gave Howe the sack. Hope he will be here for many years to come. We can't expect to win every game. It will be ups and downs, but I'm sure with Eddie in charge we will have more ups than downs. And most important a manager that will compete every day and always try to make us better.

Would be disapointed to se him leave and be replaced by Mourinho. 

2 hours ago, Toon No9 said:

Probably the post of the year there, Paulo!

Would be extremly sad if we gave Howe the sack. Hope he will be here for many years to come. We can't expect to win every game. It will be ups and downs, but I'm sure with Eddie in charge we will have more ups than downs. And most important a manager that will compete every day and always try to make us better.

Would be disapointed to se him leave and be replaced by Mourinho. 

Agreed. I don’t think our overlords have any intention of letting him go just yet, and I’m pleased about that. The post was a quote of Groundhog63 FB link so all could see at a glance. It is a great post.

Edited by PauloGeordio

If we end up not selling / buying anyone he's going to have his work cut out for him with a midfield three of Bruno, Miley, and Longstaff (and two, possibly five, games without Bruno).

Desperately need Willock back, but hard to be confident he'll contribute much this season.

Gordon played as an 8 in the last game of last season against Chelsea. Wonder if we could see that tried again when Murphy and Barnes are back. I wouldn’t mind because neither of Longstaff or Miley seem suited to the left-sided 8 slot.

Eddie Howe has confirmed that Geordie talent Joe White will be part of his Premier League squad for the second half of the 2023/24 season.

The 21-year-old returned from an impressive loan spell at Crewe earlier this month, where he’s managed three goals and three assists for the League Two side.

They were hoping to have him back for the remainder of the season, but Howe has decided to keep him on Tyneside, revealing that he’s “certainly improved” and will be given a “great opportunity” to impress, with our lack of fit midfielders handing him a chance to follow in Lewis Miley and Elliot Anderson’s footsteps.

“Joe will stay with us for the rest of the season. We’re light on bodies in midfield. I think it’s a really good opportunity for him to come in and show that he’s at the level”, Howe said.

“He’s certainly improved. The loan spell has been a really beneficial thing for him so this could be a great opportunity.”

1 minute ago, Weezertron said:

I get why he's not bringing them on, but we play villa on Tuesday...

Aye keeping them fresh for the next game when the same will trick will be repeated :lol:

FWIW I think Eddie is doing the right thing not bringing on kids/grandads, I just think come Tuesday the players will be fucked again and will probably lead to another injury to someone or a few. 

Fuck if I know the solution. 

You can bet your ass, that if Howe had made subs and we'd conceded a couple, people would be blaming Howe for bringing them on :lol: 

We were playing shit and were not conceding. I am sure some kid could have run Around a bit for isak for example, and save some legs. No Wonder we Never look sharp.

3 minutes ago, 54 said:

You can bet your ass, that if Howe had made subs and we'd conceded a couple, people would be blaming Howe for bringing them on :lol: 

Don't think we are in danger of seeing what happens if he made subs and conceded though :lol: