Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Just now, Menace said:

I agree with you, I think with Miley and longstaff being similar players you'd think he'd at least try 4231 but alas he must have his reasonings 

Don't think we've had the forwards fit for a 4231 really have we?

6 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Ofcourse that is absolutely true and they don't provide enough between the three of them defensively BUT there's fuck all that can be done about that because we have no other midfielders. 

He must see the midfield isnt function at all. Hes stubborn to the pattern he likes to play. If you dont have the players to play then you must change the system. This will just continue game after game with the same players. At least try something different against Arsenal. Its a free hit and the same players have to play.

3 minutes ago, Ketsbaia said:

The goodwill has almost gone.

Honestly, the guy is going off the rails with his decisions and loyalties. I know the injuries are a factor but only up to a point.

I'd be very disappointed if the higher-ups aren't at looking keeping a pulse on the managerial market. Because I'm not sure we get far beyond the summer with Howe.

I think there’s plenty of goodwill left from the support (I think there is, anyway).  There is from me.

Hard to tell what the board will think, as we’ve nothing to go by historically. 

3 minutes ago, Ketsbaia said:

Honestly, the guy is going off the rails with his decisions and loyalties. I know the injuries are a factor but only up to a point.

I'd be very disappointed if the higher-ups aren't at looking keeping a pulse on the managerial market. Because I'm not sure we get far beyond the summer with Howe.

[emoji38] because we've drawn a couple of games at SJP without a striker

13 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

I’d love to know how much of our FFP freedom we lost as a result of signing him. The whole thing is completely bizarre.

Wouldn’t have been much this season.  Next season it could be significant if he signs permanently. 

Just now, Hanshithispantz said:

[emoji38] because we've drawn a couple of games at SJP without a striker

For sure we've got issues, but this and Miley-Longstaff plus whatever Almiron is right now. The players are not that good. 

7 minutes ago, Ketsbaia said:

Be very careful what you wish for.

Find it really amusing the idea that he'll be under pressure from the ownership with what he has achieved so far, and the team sitting in 7th currently, despite the challenges this season. Unbelievable.

5 minutes ago, OverThere said:

Drop Burn play Livro FFS. Its nothing to do with goodwill it's about the obvious

We're trying to balance an injury hit squad with a style of play that demands intensity on and off the pitch, it's not going to be solved by dropping Dan Burn.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Find it really amusing the idea that he'll be under pressure from the ownership with what he has achieved so far, and the team sitting in 7th currently, despite the challenges this season. Unbelievable.

You'd like to think that the people running the club have more faith than some of our 'supporters'.

31 minutes ago, Menace said:

The happy clappers will be along any minute now telling us Ashley owned us 2 years ago

It's more that the people who are like "why does this keep happening!?" while surrounded by Newcastle players who are lying around like a scene from the Battle of the Somme are either wilfully blind or completely mental at this point.

"But he keeps playing Dan Burn!" :lol:

Edited by Kid Icarus

36 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Genuine question and I’m not saying he should be under pressure now, but how long until he genuinely is? Obvious injury’s aren’t helping but he also isn’t helping himself recently.

I think the clincher is whether we qualify for Europe. If we don't, as seems increasingly likely, all bets are off at that point. It's not about what we think, it's what Riyadh thinks. It's funny, during the match I got paranoid about that Mourinho interview that just got released in which he spent half of the 15 minutes largely on the subject of us and Robson.

Keeping playing Burn is now looking like a gaping wound of logic. It doesn't matter about Burn, Livramento is genuinely one of our best players, and could've threaded some sweet balls through to Barnes if they'd been allowed to share the same pitch.

This season has been murder. I don't want Howe out, all managers have their weirdnesses, and he deserves a better shot than what he's had. It'll be unfair if his time is brought to a close prematurely, but life isn't fair, so we're treading a very fine line right now. The board might be of the view that we can't afford to let momentum slip and risk repeating this season next time around.

7 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Agree. It's a bit of a miracle we are where we are, because we shouldn't be or wouldn't be under most managers imo. So every season he's performed a miracle.

The minute we reached the point the amount of injuries were just laughable, I gave the whole squad and Howe a pass for the season.

Were within touching distance of the likely goal for the season, so just stfu.

Edited by BonesJones

6 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I get that, but what if we're sitting 10th at the end of the season? That's where things start getting twitchy.

1 minute ago, UncleBingo said:

You'd like to think that the people running the club have more faith than some of our 'supporters'.

I'm pretty certain they'll be happy with the job he's doing.

Tell you what though, I'd give anything to see the club put under control of some of the folks on here. The disaster would be incredibly entertaining. 

15 minutes ago, Ketsbaia said:

That's a properly OTT reaction given the decisions you're referring to are in the context of having so few options. Does it literally just come down to the Burn thing or what? 

Absolute madness to be arriving at any fresh conclusions about how far he can or can't take us.

I think Tino should be starting, but it’s foolish to think that 1 change is gonna fix all that much.

Our midfield has been decimated all season, been playing our sub goalie for months, 2 senior strikers rotating injuries all year and never able to get fully fit. Pretty much every manager in the world would be struggling in this situation, Klopp certainly did last year.

32 minutes ago, Menace said:

The happy clappers will be along any minute now telling us Ashley owned us 2 years ago

They're almost as annoying and as polarised and is the lads that go on like the sky is falling in.

It's almost like the situation is somewhere in the middle.

It’s been a tough season but I still trust in Eddie.

We’ve been fucked over by injuries and crap like the Tonali situation. Anyone can see our squad isn’t geared up for a consistent top four finish every season, especially with a number of the other clubs getting their act together.

We’ve probably got a top 6 starting 11 (when all fit), but a mid table bench, so no wonder when injuries hit us we are going to struggle.

That’s not to say he hasn’t made some mistakes.

If he gets backed in the summer window and we start to get back to a reasonable number of injuries, then my level of scrutiny will probably be upped a notch or two. 

4 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

That's a properly OTT reaction given the decisions you're referring to are in the context of having so few options. Does it literally just come down to the Burn thing or what? 

Absolute madness to be arriving at any fresh conclusions about how far he can or can't take us.

Look at the poster, he could barely keep his undies dry when we were challenging for fourth.

I do think the Burn thing gets blown out of proportion. The manager isn't an imbecile; he'll be aware of the player's weaknesses but feels there are other benefits to playing him. He's a leader and his height gives him a unique strength both when dealing with crosses, as well a carrying a goal threat for us when we've no strikers. There's also the effect his being there has on Trippier's role.

As others have said, Livramento coming in won't suddenly stop there from being caverns of space between our midfield and defence; it's not as simple as just playing a quicker LB.