Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

26 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Don't think I've seen such a chasm between a result and the discourse on here like. The negativity is one thing, but proper needless toxicity following a hard-fought win from the jaws of defeat? N-O at its worst.

It's incredible, right? How can you watch what we were treated to on Saturday and not feel in love?! I don't get it. I was there and it's automatically one of the best experiences I've had as a sports fan at a match in person. I also don't get how you can watch it and think we're in as dire a scenario as some set out: if we scored 6 west Ham couldn't have complained. It's like deliberate avoidance of observable reality to suit a viewpoint which makes you literally feel worse. 

Post match, it seems like there's been more talk about people criticising Howe and the game than there has been people actually criticising Howe and the game?

Main thing I've noticed is the absence of happy people rather than an unusual number of critical people.

39 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Don't think I've seen such a chasm between a result and the discourse on here like. The negativity is one thing, but proper needless toxicity following a hard-fought win from the jaws of defeat? N-O at its worst.

If I couldn't enjoy my team coming back from two goals down with a ninetieth minute winner, I'd probably question whether football is the choice of entertainment for me. It's one of the best sporting highs going.

Yes a performance riddled with defensive frailties and new injury concerns, but a win and fantastically entertaining spectacle.

Reminded of Thatcher outside Downing St being questionned about the Belgrano getting torpedoed - " Just Rejoice " 

Its not wrong to focus on an ongoing problem in the shape of the defence as opposed to trying to ignore it 

The takeover was always going to bring with it an element of fanbase with limited football knowledge wanting instant success.  Nothing wrong with criticism when it’s due but to have a constant agenda of looking for negatives to build a case for replacing Howe just stinks.  Have any of our resident naysayers ever put a viable replacement forward? 

We didn't learn anything particularly new though. We have the same defensive frailties and mitigation in the shape of an increasing pile up of absentees.

Edited by The Prophet

4 minutes ago, ShootShoot said:

Reminded of Thatcher outside Downing St being questionned about the Belgrano getting torpedoed - " Just Rejoice " 

Its not wrong to focus on an ongoing problem in the shape of the defence as opposed to trying to ignore it 

Presumably you’re happy for people to continue pointing out that you’re a problem, then. 

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

It is, and running awful posters out of town is one of the key joys of a forum 

You think  your opinion is worth more than anyone elses ? Thats some ego youve got 

I don't think there's a better alternative right now than Eddie but christ let's not pretend he's perfect. It's okay to question him (and any future manager) just as we questioned KK, SBR & Rafa before him.

Just now, ShootShoot said:

You think  your opinion is worth more than anyone elses ? Thats some ego youve got 

No he just thinks it’s more valid and accurate because reality backs him up.

Access public forum

Put shite, ill thought out opinions out into the world

Complain that people call their shite, ill thought out opinions shite and ill thought out.

Repeat until the heat death of the universe.

Exhausting.

Just now, Theregulars said:

No issue with different opinions; just those which have no basis in reality but which are persistently rehashed with a misplaced certainty and confidence.

Who are you to judge that ? There are many valid opinions to be had . Thats the nature of football and being a fan ffs 

6 minutes ago, ShootShoot said:

Jeez some of you are not good at handling other people having different opinions . Isnt that what having a forum is all about ?

I for one think it's refreshing having someone on here who tells it like it is, end of. 

11 minutes ago, ShootShoot said:

Why are you quoting Thatcher? :lol:

Just now, ShootShoot said:

Who are you to judge that ? There are many valid opinions to be had . Thats the nature of football and being a fan ffs 

Sure; yours is invalid. It isn’t borne out once you test it on reality. 

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Why are you quoting Thatcher? :lol:

Because she was attempting to deflect from the fact we sank the Belgrano outside the exclusion zone . Some people on here are attempting to deflect from another ropey defensive  performance with the equivalent of " Rejoice " ( re the result )