Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

2 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

He is letting the club know that if Paul Mitchell is allowed to force foreign footballers on him then he is off. 

Seems like the battle lines have been drawn already. Worrying.

agreed on this last sentence

He's playing a good game of poker there. I suspect he doesn't like having a Sporting Director over him, and that goes for when Ashworth was here too.

If Mitchell proves to be good at this summers recruitment then I don't think there will be a problem. But he's given himself an out there.

If the FA don't rush an appointment there could well be a situation where he gives them an indication he'll talk to them towards end of August.

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Eh? I thought it was largely positive. He won't leave for England, but he wants definition in his role after recent changes at the club. I'm not seeing what the press pack are.

Anything to stir basically.  They haven't got what they wanted and so now need to spin it for clicks

1 minute ago, ToonToon said:

Anything to stir basically.  They haven't got what they wanted and so now need to spin it for clicks

"im not going to england unless I get what I want" in other words, if he doesnt, hes off. Thats how I read it?

Just now, Miggys First Goal said:

So basically he’s saying to the owners “make me happy and I’ll stay” while also fluttering his lashes at the FA?

He says “England isn’t important” and many comments about his love and commitment to Newcastle. I’m not sure how that’s fluttering his lashes to the FA

it’s two seperate issues he’s no interest in the England job and wants to stay but the other issue is lines seem to be blurred within the club and he wants it sorted 

I absolutely love Eddie to bits, but what will be will be (think he’ll be here for years to come)We are on the up with whoever we employ at whatever level within the club structure. The rest is just junk speculation. Enjoying the ride. Onwards and upwards :indi:

Press undoubtedly love shit like this, but think the quotes from him are very clear and he’s unsure if the current structure will work for him at this point.

Amanda was his biggest fan and it’s only natural he’ll now be unsettled, he clearly wants to stay but on his terms which i would imagine includes full say on transfers.

Am I watching something different to everyone else? In both the NUFC TV interview and the BBC Newcastle interview he repeatedly says how happy he is? Isn't it obvious that he will need to continue to feel supported moving forward... not sure why that's news?

Don't see a lot to get worried about but it's definitely a power play, which he's always had in his locker. Jumping to the extreme that all is not well is the type of deviant behaviour I'd expect from those who've done exactly that.

There's certainly nothing to indicate he has an issue with the existence of a Sporting Director. It would be lunacy from him if he did as that has been the gig from the word go. Not to mention he's only mentioned Mitchell in entirely positive terms. 

He's maybe a bit uncertain about the structure and is taking the opportunity to publicly get across that that needs sorting. 

1 minute ago, gdm said:

He says “England isn’t important” and many comments about his love and commitment to Newcastle. I’m not sure how that’s fluttering his lashes to the FA

it’s two seperate issues he’s no interest in the England job and wants to stay but the other issue is lines seem to be blurred within the club and he wants it sorted 

Where is this from? Because he says repeatedly that he feels like the new structure will work and that he's happy?

1 minute ago, Tonalis Bookie said:

"im not going to england unless I get what I want" in other words, if he doesnt, hes off. Thats how I read it?

I didn't read it like that but to be honest Im not really bothered either way.

Howe is great but it's clear NUFC is moving onto Phase 2 of the plan.   He can either be a part of it or he wont be.   Personally, I think he will be under great pressure this season as Europe is a must.   Mitchell needs to bring in the new players and start re-cycling the old.   If Howe objects to that then there is only one way and that is the high way.

I dont think it will come to that but if it does, Eddie will get my thanks for delivering Phase 1 ahead of schedule!

Seems to me he's just pushing the owners to make the right choices in the transfer market, which is what we all want. Of course the fannies won't see it that way. Oddbod wants to fuck off also, I don't know who the fuck he thinks he is.

Edited by et tu brute

Of course he's worried about staverley going she clearly thought he was 100% the man. It is well rumoured he didn't see eye to eye with ashworth though that could be briefing after the fact. Manager wants power shock. He'll be worried new dof will be given authority to go over his head. Hopefully can prove otherwise and work well together

Just now, ToonToon said:

I didn't read it like that but to be honest Im not really bothered either way.

Howe is great but it's clear NUFC is moving onto Phase 2 of the plan.   He can either be a part of it or he wont be.   Personally, I think he will be under great pressure this season as Europe is a must.   Mitchell needs to bring in the new players and start re-cycling the old.   If Howe objects to that then there is only one way and that is the high way.

I dont think it will come to that but if it does, Eddie will get my thanks for delivering Phase 1 ahead of schedule!

Sincerely hope thats how it plays out!

Just now, Shadow Puppets said:

Where is this from? Because he says repeatedly that he feels like the new structure will work and that he's happy?

He says in the sky interview when asked if he feels happy and supported he says 

“there has been so much change we just need a period of time where we get to know how each other work and establish boundaries”

he wouldn’t even mention those boundaries unless he felt they were potentially getting over stepped

8 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

So basically he’s saying to the owners “make me happy and I’ll stay” while also fluttering his lashes at the FA?

Did you watch the same interview as me?