Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

44 minutes ago, RodrigoRamos said:

'Apparently? You say that like I said something factually wrong.

Tell me, what has he won that could be considered a major honour.

Being a nice guy, getting a tune out of Joelinton, not being Steve Bruce and being bookies favourite for the England job don't count as major honours.

How many managers in the world have won honours with Bournemouth, Burnley and Newcastle?

1 hour ago, RodrigoRamos said:

OK, I will change my expectation. What is the commun goal for Newcastle fans. As a fanbase, what is the ambition, the dream. What is the identity.

What I thought about this team being ambitious and hungry is wrong

As long as we beat the mackems when we get the chance, I'd even take relegation as long as we beat them. We must score loads of goals, I'd be happier losing 5-4 than winning a boring 1-0. Also a good cup run, we love them up here.

3 hours ago, Pata said:

How many managers in the world have won honours with Bournemouth, Burnley and Newcastle?

This is the problem. Deep down you still associate yourselves with the likes of Bournemouth ans Burnley. The hallmarks of serial losers.

If you never expect and demand to won something then guess what, you won't.

That might be OK to a fanbase with a losing mentality but it's not good enough for players with strong mindset like Isak or Gordon and it sure is not the same mindset the owners have, they didn't buy a PL team to finish 6th every year.

It's OK though, cause at least you have a team full of nice guys. Burn, Longstaff, Murphy and Almiron are all very average footballers, but at least they seem like good guys and are smiling a lot. Isn't it beautiful that they can live their dreams playing for the club.

Sure, they don't help the team with something, but at least they try their best.

That's what matters, yes?

Serial losers. 

3 hours ago, RodrigoRamos said:

I think I have misjudged the situation with Newcastle. I thought this was a club and fanbase desperate for success, but I don't know what you actually want because someone of you don't act like you care about winning

Anyone else getting big Randy Marsh vibes or just me?

Randy Marsh GIF by South Park

3 hours ago, RodrigoRamos said:

This is the problem. Deep down you still associate yourselves with the likes of Bournemouth ans Burnley. The hallmarks of serial losers.

That might be OK to a fanbase with a losing mentality but it's not good enough for players with strong mindset like Isak or Gordon and it sure is not the same mindset the owners have, they didn't buy a PL team to finish 6th every year.

It's OK though, cause at least you have a team full of nice guys. Burn, Longstaff, Murphy and Almiron are all very average footballers, but at least they seem like good guys and are smiling a lot. Isn't it beautiful that they can live their dreams playing for the club.

Sure, they don't help the team with something, but at least they try their best.

Serial losers. 

Wow. You know, I've never thought of it that way before, but you're right. You are very insightful. Please tell me more.

I can understand gloryhunters being upset with us now, but dont blame Eddie Howe. He doesnt control the budget.

I dont know if he will end up being the one ending our throphy draught, its still an open question. Remember that every elite manager started out being a "nobody" with something to prove. Havent seen anything to suggest that Eddie cant end up being one of them. 4th in the overall Premier League table since he came here is impressive as fuck.

Edited by Displayname

Funniest psychological tick you notice about people like that is they're not someone who enjoys the team they support winning in the conventional sense of civic pride or anything like that, they're someone who's picked a team that looks like it's going to win and are using it as a proxy replacement for them winning. 

Never any self-awareness to see that their whole 'winner's mentality' shtick reads as overcompensation for their closeted insecurity. 

It's like interacting with someone who keeps banging on about shagging lasses, beer, rugby, cars, and Clarkson, but that someone is Julian Clary. 

4 minutes ago, RodrigoRamos said:

Serial losers. Content with a cup run and a 6th place finish. You won't criticise your manager cause he's a nice guy and finished 4th 2 years ago in a season when Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs were awful.

Gan boil ya heed ya fucking clown.

4 hours ago, RodrigoRamos said:

Serial losers. 

You OK hun?

9 minutes ago, RodrigoRamos said:

Serial losers. Content with a cup run and a 6th place finish. You won't criticise your manager cause he's a nice guy and finished 4th 2 years ago in a season when Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs were awful.

Make Newcastle Great Again

3 minutes ago, RodrigoRamos said:

People will criticise the manager if it's warranted, but when a managed comes in with us winless in 14, and staring relegation in the face, to then turn it around so easily stay up, and then in the following season finishes 4th, and all the whole playing great football while getting results such as:

Tottenham 6-1

Tottenham 4-0

Man United 3-0

Arsenal 2-0

Man United 2-0

Sheffield United 8-0

Burnley 4-1

Sheffield United 5-1

Aston Villa 5-1

Sunderland 3-0

Chelsea 3-0

PSG 4-1

Crystal Palace 4-0

Brighton 4-1

West Ham 5-1

Etc. people are going to give him some stick for one 7th placed finish where their were massive mitigating factors. Like playing a 17 year old for 10 games in a row during the most crucial part of the season.

@Froggy how's that for a bite :lol:

In regards to Eddie, unless he comes up with a way to play that doesn't leave our midfield wide open for counters then I don't think he'll ever be elite. 

Good manager but last year and so far this year he's not addressed the gap problem.