Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Delighted to see him get the response from the team today, thought we were quality for the whole game really.

I hope today will be the day we flip the switch. Our entire ethos as a team needs to be to do everything at break neck speed. When we sit off teams, it's easy to pick spaces between our midfield and defence. When we try to play patient football in the final third, we allow teams to settle into their shape and then don't have the players who can break that down with intricate play in the final third.

Wheels up, trousers down. Press teams like we're Lou Thesz from first whistle to last.

Looked far more like ourselves today and that's the best team performance this season by a mile. The press returned, the energy levels were high, no real individual mistakes, organised and Pope only had a few saves to make. Much much better and much much needed too. That'll prove to be a great point come May

Good performance, good result. I want to see if this sticks.

Think it's a bit easier in some ways to show that kind of intensity against Man City. Want to see it vs a Fulham or an Everton.

18 minutes ago, Beren said:

Good performance, good result. I want to see if this sticks.

Think it's a bit easier in some ways to show that kind of intensity against Man City. Want to see it vs a Fulham or an Everton.

Given how solid they are on the ball and able to find space in tight sitatuations, id argue its alot harder.