Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

51 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

He’s dropped almost all the players that everyone said he’s too loyal to. Pretty much only Jacob Murphy is even a decision. 

We haven’t made any effort to replace Almiron / Murphy, Dubravka as number 2. Callum as second choice striker. 

3 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

We haven’t made any effort to replace Almiron / Murphy, Dubravka as number 2. Callum as second choice striker. 

I wouldn’t call that loyalty though. You can only replace so many people so quickly. 

He rates Wilson from the past obviously, but I guess he’s still here because he had a great period of form just at the time he was most likely to be sold. That led us to prioritise other positions. And he was never a starter anyway, that’s why we bought Isak. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I wouldn’t call that loyalty though. You can only replace so many people so quickly. 

He rates Wilson from the past obviously, but I guess he’s still here because he had a great period of form just at the time he was most likely to be sold. That led us to prioritise other positions. And he was never a starter anyway, that’s why we bought Isak. 

We bought Isak because Wilson got injured. The initial plan was to buy a young backup to Wilson (Pedro).

If we tried for both Elanga and Olise I’m not sure we know what type of player we want. Elanga is an entirely different type of player. Also the type that I do not want us to go for. 

2 hours ago, clintdempsey said:

They’ve been smart sellers - we haven’t. They’ve utilized free transfers for actually gamechanging players (Tielemans and Kamara) - we haven’t. They adapt to different competitions and opposition - we don’t (or maybe should be can’t).

Most were saying they would have a lot harder season due to Champions League  and that might yet come true but so far Emery’s been having a blinder since taking over. 

Spot on - just a smarter club and manager than what we have. Hoping Mitchell will change our fortunes but I'm not exactly holding out hope.

1 minute ago, Upthemags said:

Spot on - just a smarter club and manager than what we have. Hoping Mitchell will change our fortunes but I'm not exactly holding out hope.

Why aren’t you holding out hope? Isn’t that his actual job? 

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Why aren’t you holding out hope? Isn’t that his actual job? 

I fear the power structure behind the scenes is all fucked up with Eddie in the mix. I know it bothers people when that gets said, but I think having two alphas vying for power with different strategic visions is a recipe for disaster.

January very well may prove me wrong and Eddie and Mitchell may prove a formidable team if they can put their egos aside and make some real progress

For a DoF to work effectively, he has to have his own person in charge of the team.

Howe is not his appointment obviously and despite the public comments, I won’t be convinced that Howe wants that person/position in place.

So if that is the case, how can it ever work?

Ashworth got rid of Hughton straight away at Brighton despite doing ok for them. Now they follow a structure.

As for Howe, my feelings on the topic are well stated so I don’t need to add to it.. I think maybe a few more are coming around to my way of thinking looking at the comments.

27 minutes ago, Ikon said:

If we tried for both Elanga and Olise I’m not sure we know what type of player we want.

Premier League experience ...

2 hours ago, clintdempsey said:

They’ve been smart sellers - we haven’t. They’ve utilized free transfers for actually gamechanging players (Tielemans and Kamara) - we haven’t. They adapt to different competitions and opposition - we don’t (or maybe should be can’t).

Most were saying they would have a lot harder season due to Champions League  and that might yet come true but so far Emery’s been having a blinder since taking over. 

Who have they sold? Can we compare to them in terms of quality of players to move on? No idea about Villa but I don't see a lot of clubs lining up for our players.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but selling a few players after we finished 4th was the time to push on. Wilson and Willock would have been prime candidates but were they already injured by the end of that season? 

Just now, macphisto said:

Who have they sold? Can we compare to them in terms of quality of players to move on? No idea about Villa but I don't see a lot of clubs lining up for our players.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but selling a few players after we finished 4th was the time to push on. Wilson and Willock would have been prime candidates but were they already injured by the end of that season? 

Luiz, who was central to their squad, just a few months ago, which in turn funded a ton of new business for them.

8 minutes ago, macphisto said:

Willock was, don’t think Wilson was (amazingly).

46 minutes ago, Ikon said:

If we tried for both Elanga and Olise I’m not sure we know what type of player we want. Elanga is an entirely different type of player. Also the type that I do not want us to go for. 

Right but the comment or narrative we didn’t attempt to sign a RW is false. We tried. We failed. And we know the fallout. Olise was a genuine attempt. Elanga was part of the Anderson deal and they said no. And then we tried again on deadline day to no avail. We don’t know the type of player we are targeting there I agree. I’d love for an Olise style. A proper technical right winger who can do a bit of it all. Emphasis on the creative more than all.