Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

An awesome read, thanks so much for sharing and it really does seem as all that struggle and striving for the cause has developed him into elite level potential. Howe is to ACFB what Keegan is to Newcastle, there in the tough times and built in his image to the extent he’s given most fans today the best times they’ve experienced in their lifetime. So believe me we totally understand the reverence you have for him and it sounds like Keegan, he’s at the right club that matches his values and ambition too. Thanks again and let’s hope you can write a part 6 and 7 in the future, talking about his Newcastle and CL winning years! 

Brilliant read. Thank you for taking the time out. 

Think it's a bit tight merging it with the Howe thread as it's a great standalone read. Probably one of the better things posted on here in years.

@WillDanceForChocolateread it all, loved it all and learnt a lot I didn’t know about Eddie. Thank you for the write up, I also hope we treat him well and he’s here for years and years. He deserves it and although I don’t think any club necessarily deserves success, I think it’s almost time for us to have some 

34 minutes ago, WillDanceForChocolate said:

Part 5 – The End and Some Final Thoughts

This is where you can do better with him. You have the facilities, the youth system, the coaching staff, the support staff. He doesn’t need to build everything from scratch, and then rebuild and expand it again two or three years later as the club gets bigger. I think, in the end, he needed help and we weren’t able to provide it for him. Or he didn’t know how to ask for it. Most likely a combination of the two.

Oh boy you'd be in for a shock if you saw what 'premier league quality' facilities Mike Ashley left the club with

What a brilliant read. It becomes more clear every day what a perfect appointment Howe was. He’s literally providing everything we wanted before the takeover while also providing everything this new takeover era needs. The single facet of his repertoire that excites me the most is his ability to develop players. We can’t just buy ourselves towards the top - you need every player to perform at their peak levels of abilty even if they are mediocre in talent. This is what Liverpool and Man City have done right and what Man Utd have got wrong for the past few years. Most of City’s and Liverpool’s elite players were not quite world class when they signed but they definitely are now (Salah, Mané, Robertson, de Bruyne, Silva, Dias etc). Man Utd have gone down the path of signing world class players for extortionate fees just because they were available (Ronaldo, Pogba, Cavani, di María, Sanchez etc) resulting in a disjointed squad most of whom playing well below their ceiling of ability. I honestly belive this type of player development is by far the most important factor to take us forward and Howe really seems to have this ability.

Thanks for that WillDanceForChocolate.

While Bruno G is looking as amazing as all the European football nerds and stats people said he would be, I hope we still get to see Howe find more hidden gems like Targett and Burn. It would be a waste to have Howe as manager and just throw money at the same big names being mentioned for Spurs, Arsenal, West Ham etc. If we have a manager with an eye for players putting 12 hour days into the job, we have to make use of that. I would not swap Targett for Digne even if the latter is 0.1s faster going up the wing or averages 0.1 assists more.

I wouldnt have expected this performance from any other manager that was linked. Or any other manager that wasnt, tbh. Absolutely unreal from the guy. He said himself today about the team's desire to win games being incredible atm - That's all down to him. When he said it it was kind of like he was saying all I need to do atm is set the team up to go and win and they go and do it. Almost hands off now he's been able to instil his methods. It's an incredible achievement. He's not even really been given all that much extra. Absolute fucking madness. 

43 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Brilliant read. Thank you for taking the time out. 

Think it's a bit tight merging it with the Howe thread as it's a great standalone read. Probably one of the better things posted on here in years.

Aye, that's an immense effort @WillDanceForChocolate. Top top posting :clap:

Read some of it but absolutely shattered so going to read the rest tomorrow. Thank you for posting it @WillDanceForChocolate, I have had a look on an AFCB forum a couple of times and was surprised to see a lot not wanting us to do well. I suppose it’s a case of not wanting your ex to get with someone and be happier than they were with you though. I’ve felt the same about players leaving NUFC. 

Either way, if Howe had kept us up with a dodgy goal getting us a win at Turf Moor in May to put us on 25 points I’d be forever grateful. So what we’ve had from him is beyond anything we could have hoped for/expected. The future is bright with him. 

7 hours ago, TotalWar said:

If we beat, or perhaps draw with Liverpool, could Eddie win manager of the month for April? Who would have thought that after we got thrashed by Spurs at the beginning of April.

That Spurs game felt weird, that first half they honestly felt like prime 2010 Barcelona. It just felt odd, they absolutely dominated us and I've not seen that before or since.

Europe next season is an exciting thought but I don’t think we should get ahead of ourselves yet, we’ve had an amazing run since the end of Jan but next season could be an entirely different prospect. I hope Howe hasn’t sort of painted himself into a corner and raised some fans expectations to much already as this is just the beginning and there will be bumps in the road, we have a whole summer window to get through and the squad will be reshaped again so Id be more than happy with a top half finish next season. What a job he’s done this season though, the pressure and management can be very different at the other end of the table but I hope he’s the man for us to try and crack the top 6 a couple of seasons down the line.

Edited by Nine

Top 6 is quite some way away in my opinion .

You will get some mincers predicting it for next season but not the average Joe.

We need another couple of solid seasons like say a Wolves.This to me is a 10 year project that may or may not come off . The ride will be tremendous, the desire is back in me .